You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pattyyjay

The Flint

12 comments in this topic

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
96 posts
7,810 battles

You can't currently, but it will be back for coal at some point in the future, so keep an eye out in the Armoury (it won't be before Autumn though) xoxo

[R-F]
Members
137 posts
9,307 battles

Previously you get it with steel but it was removed along with the black and neustrashimy. They intend to bring them back as coal ships but not until after 6 months from when they were removed. 

Edited by Jagdpanzer131

[WORX]
Members
11,451 posts
19,196 battles
29 minutes ago, pattyyjay said:

How can I get this ship?

It'll be back for coal or steel... Maybe for the 4th of July sales.

[SIM]
Members
5,395 posts
8,891 battles

It may be back in the Armory for coal sometime around Christmas. That was the original plan, but people in the know have indicated that the plans have changed/are changing. 

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
19 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

It may be back in the Armory for coal sometime around Christmas. That was the original plan, but people in the know have indicated that the plans have changed/are changing. 

The Flint is a great Free XP earner in Narai which might be a reason for pulling Flint from sale.

[SIM]
Members
5,395 posts
8,891 battles
22 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The Flint is a great Free XP earner in Narai which might be a reason for pulling Flint from sale.

I honestly don’t know what the motivation is, nor do I know if the “changing plans” impact the Black, Flint, or Neustrashimy. I just know that when this was discussed earlier this year at least one CC gave us a bit of a “not so fast” when people began discussing the return of those three ships. Hopefully they all come back to the armory, I’d hate for anyone to miss them. 

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
28 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Sadly, that may be one of the few reasons left to get it.  The nerf hammer has hit them (Atlanta/Flint) hard for normal random/ranked play.

Edited by Ace_04
  • Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
964 posts

Used to be a great ship that you could get using steel.  As soon as 'us normal people' started getting it with accumulated steel, they nerfed it.  Now it's only good for OP.  Don't bother with it.  Remember, that those reviews you are seeing are before they nerfed it.  It's trash now.

Edited by Captain_Rawhide

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

I remember being in awe of the ship and its rapid fire guns when I first got it.  Had not played it in a while and got in a game the other day to see how it holds up...maybe warm up for ranked.

Man...the guns seem downright slow compared to other ships these days.  The AA is meh....it works but nothing compared to what it was.  Other than fire starting the guns dont seem to do much.

Just seemed like a shell of what it used to be.  It's ok but....I think they removed it from coal because they knew it wouldnt be worth it anymore.  Sad really.