Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kishan99

An idea about sub testing

17 comments in this topic

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

So in a week, subs are coming as a separate game mode.  It seems to be the same as it was on the PTS.  The problem with the PTS testing is that too many players queued up as subs, making the other ships types bots (Less of dds).  This resulted in inaccurate testing/results because the bots were absolutely crap at dodging, Hydroing, and ASW.

1. I have an idea to populate the submarine testing with other ship types so it isn't as boring as PTS.   Release subs to 1/2 the population for one weekend.   For example, players that happened to get drawn for the 1st week play subs.  After the weekend ends, that group loses subs and the other half of the group gets it.   This solves the 1st problem of too many subs.  This doesn't divide the community because both groups have the ability.  To avoid people making new accounts and playing subs, make the battle limit to play sub battles 150 battles. 

2. Now what about the lack of other ship types?  So my idea is releases missions that encourage players to play other ship types for Soviet Containers.   For example, (Play 8 games in a Battleship in Submarine Battles.  Reward: 4 Soviet Containers.  Play 8 game in a Cruiser in Submarine Battles.  Reward: 4 Soviet Containers.  Play 8 games in a destroyer 4 soviet containers).    This would solve the lack of other ship types, reduce bots, and give players the ability to actually get more rewards in the Soviet Event

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles

????

Sub testing is over, when the current patch went live, subs are now in the game until further notice. 

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

????

Sub testing is over, when the current patch went live, subs are now in the game until further notice. 

In 1 week, they are going to the live server as separate mode, just like PTS so "more players participate"

Edited by kishan99

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles
1 minute ago, kishan99 said:

In 1 week, they are going to the live server as separate mode, just like PTS so "more players participate"

The live server is no longer a testing environment...Its live with all its flaws...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

The live server is no longer a testing environment...Its live with all its flaws...

WG even stated this is just another level of testing

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

WG even stated this is just another level of testing

Can you post the change in procedure you note???

EU, Lesta, and Sub_Octavian have stated differently.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Can you post the change in procedure you note???

EU, Lesta, and Sub_Octavian have stated differently.

yes looking up the forum post now

oh was easy to find..

Quote from that article:

Submarine battle

Starts: 05/27/2020 03:00 PT
Ends: 06/24/2020 03:00 PT

Submarines are arriving and will be playable in a separate battle type! This will enable us to continue testing the new ship type while we adjust the balance and mechanics on the live server by involving more participants and won't affect the other battle types. Only once we're done with all these steps will we be able to decide on the final fate of the new unit type.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

yes looking up the forum post now

posted above

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles

TY guys, interesting change in testing procedure... So I guess the live server is not the ending of the testing process.

Oh well Carry on.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

So I guess the live server is not the ending of the testing process

oh no.   They still need to test ASW in BBs and CA, as well as Tier VIII and Tier X

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles
8 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

oh no.   They still need to test ASW in BBs and CA, as well as Tier VIII and Tier X

Considering precedent, its a bad idea to make the live server an extension of the testing environment... People will not know its in testing (still, making the same mistake I just made),

They will basically not know what to look for... I dont think the results will be of benefit to the new class.

Edited by Navalpride33

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

People will not know its testing (still, the same mistake I just made),

They will basically not know what to look for... I dont think the results will be of benefit to the new class.

i agree.  Not ALL players that play Wows go on forums or discord

[CVA16]
Members
6,858 posts
21,047 battles
30 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

This resulted in inaccurate testing/results because the bots were absolutely crap at dodging, Hydroing, and ASW.

Wait...WG turned off the magic torp dodge ability for the bots?

Did wonder how many players would want to bring BBs into a sub test. I can see mostly those wanting to try subs and the rest bringing DDs to try and hunt them.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
11 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Did wonder how many players would want to bring BBs into a sub test. I can see mostly those wanting to try subs and the rest bringing DDs to try and hunt them

yeah that was the problem.  No one played BB lol

[NONE]
Members
4,071 posts
12,572 battles
11 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Did wonder how many players would want to bring BBs into a sub test.

I suppose there will be the few, the masochistic, the uninformed. But seriously, all I can see is sewer pipe fanbois with their new shiny and curious DD players.

Heavy cruisers, battleships, even carriers? Not many. Why bring a knife to a gun fight?

Sign in to follow this