Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CRZY_TRAIN

SAP

18 comments in this topic

[-ICE-]
Members
420 posts

I been throwing SAP alot and to be honest... it really stinks.  What am I throwing paintballs at armored ships?  Its shows higher HP damage on paper but it sure never seems to get it in battle, there is no fires so u rely on the damage but it dont seem to get any.  I just nailed a OMAHA which is poorly armred, hit him good with several salvos and it didnt do much of anything, it gave me some damage but not what it states and it does supposedly have good pen.  Anyone else see this with SAP?

• Boring 1

Members
961 posts
4,605 battles

You really need to pay attention to targeting with SAP.

Some games it’s monster damage, and others meh.

Choose your targets carefully and if you are targeting an armored ship fire at the superstructure.

Members
6,774 posts
21,154 battles

You mind find that it is actually to strong in the higher tiers. Play a few games in co-op to see where the best places to hit ships with SAP seem to be.

[SALVO]
Members
5,348 posts
4,562 battles

low tier sap is meh, it gets better. You need to aim for the weaker places, not all that different as aiming for RN CL AP.

[DAS]
Members
1,013 posts
9,020 battles

At tier X, I find that most salvos hit for 6K-10K regardless of what I am shooting at.

That being said, It does happen that after getting 10K dmg my next salvo hits for 1K or something really low like that. Maybe it is damage saturation.

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

T1~6 is utter trash for Italian SAP, because T2~6 ships tend to have tall belt armor that is thick enough to thoroughly defeat 152mm SAP at most angles.

T7~10 is where Italian SAP gets better, because the squishy portions on ships become much larger and 203mm SAP has a far more favorable threshold for defeating thin armor.

For Italian T2~6, your best bet is coop scum by yolo'ing and ramming and torping ships to death.

[WOLFG]
Members
964 posts

WoW stats has Venezia as the second highest Dmg.   Having played against her in other cruisers, I think she's a beast.  Draw your own conclusions.

Venezia seems be flavor of the month.

Edited by Captain_Rawhide
  • Cool 1

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
18,233 battles
1 hour ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

I been throwing SAP alot and to be honest... it really stinks.  What am I throwing paintballs at armored ships?  Its shows higher HP damage on paper but it sure never seems to get it in battle, there is no fires so u rely on the damage but it dont seem to get any.  I just nailed a OMAHA which is poorly armred, hit him good with several salvos and it didnt do much of anything, it gave me some damage but not what it states and it does supposedly have good pen.  Anyone else see this with SAP?

Funny how many high Storm and Typhoon teams are running from 4-6 Venezia's in their comps - apparently they don't have the same issues with SAP that you are.  All the previous posts were spot on - low tier SAP is relatively weak, high tier SAP is VERY strong.

[ABCD3]
Members
511 posts
13,315 battles

For me, SAP is only good for DD and Light CA.   Other than that, it is a BB gun.

[-ICE-]
Members
420 posts

I dont have the Venezia.  I was talking the Genova, and Gorizia.  I wanted to try Gorizia in Ranked starting tomarrow but I may not... might just wing it with Helena. 

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,697 posts
7,094 battles

SAP =  Anti RNG goodness.   Arcing fire into just about anything is the gift that keeps on giving and against squishy targets its just pure death.   

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
2,791 battles

Trust me on this SAP is NOT for the hull of a armored ship, like a battleship, I can fire sap at a battleship until I'm sinking and not damage the hull, however I can sink a destroyer with it OR if I hit he superstructure of a armored ship for armored hulls use AP

[-ICE-]
Members
420 posts

Watched several reviews now, most say the ship im using are the premiums that are worse then the tech tree ships... lol  I like the idea of being able to move the capt so im gonna try to make them work.  

[WHARF]
Members
33 posts
16,940 battles

What really gets me about the SAP is that how in the hell does a cruiser shell do BB damage on cruisers with basically no deflection angles. It does the same thing to BB superstructures. Also, someone explain why the the SAP has a HIGHER max damage than the AP shell....by A LOT. WG said theyd do something about it a while back when they came out and everyone saw how messed up OP the SAP was, but they just left it. And now in ranked and Clan Battles thats become the only cruiser anyone really is using anymore with the exception of the Stalingrad. But, Ive seen more and more teams that are in Typhoon and higher that only use Venezias for cruisers. Its gotten stupid.

[-ICE-]
Members
420 posts

I been using it and it does stink but whats even worse is im reolizing the game is fixed well at least random is.  I bet today i got 4 wins all day.. the red team dominates every game.  I guess they got their reasons.  its not even close its total domination of hard playing very good players or BOTs..  I have heard which i dont know that games like this will place bots and not let real players to know.  Just look how tough it can be to win even in  coops at times..    one thing I do know is the T7 premiem italian cruzer Gorzia is worse then the tech tree T7 ital cruzer, tech tree got 12k torps and the premiem dont have any, the fire rate is faster on tech tree too same guns  haha... seems backwards but whatever 

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles
9 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

Funny how many high Storm and Typhoon teams are running from 4-6 Venezia's in their comps - apparently they don't have the same issues with SAP that you are.  All the previous posts were spot on - low tier SAP is relatively weak, high tier SAP is VERY strong.

Venezia is a bit special in that it has improved pen angles compared to the rest of the line. Past a certain point any deck hit becomes an auto pen. But yeah, otherwise I agree. Low tier SAP is meh, high tier is brutal.

[WOLFG]
Members
632 posts
13,885 battles
10 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

WoW stats has Venezia as the second highest Dmg.   Having played against her in other cruisers, I think she's a beast.  Draw your own conclusions.

Venezia seems be flavor of the month.

It IS a beast, lol. Fell in love with my Venezia after the first game.

11 hours ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

It gets much better in higher tiers.

Sign in to follow this