Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

ops first time out..

14 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

Ok so i gave Aegis a go for the first times last night ran most of my T6 bb's through it.

1st time through 5 stars, and didn't take long.  At least the rewards are better than coop, but i have little to grind at t6 atm.  All but one run through was a 5 star, the only 4 star I think the fuso was left alive.

Now I got a whole bunch of stuff for the first time through including a 10pt captain, is this repeatable or just the first time ever? or just 1st time each week or?  

[RLGN]
Members
14,824 posts
26,335 battles

I think there may have been a reset at some point, but normally the Star Rewards don't repeat.

All you get after the first go is what you earn in xp/credits, and getting to try different ships.

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,072 posts

Youll earn the rewards only once per Op. After that its just running  the op for credits and experience.

One five star reward.

One four star.

One three star and so forth.

Five rewards per op in total. GL M8.:Smile_honoring:

Edited by Versili

[WOLFO]
Members
556 posts
4,722 battles

congrats! How did it feel to work as something of a team? Have actual objectives? Move to target? Did you feel the rewards were worth it? Was it easy, was it hard. Would you want more objectives, more enemies? More Operations? :)

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

it was pretty simple... i had reviewed the op briefly before joining, I was sunk a couple of times in the events.  Sadly it is pretty static in that not much changed between re-runs.  I will have to try them with different classes eventually.

As a slow BB there weren't many options for me, if i strayed too far north from the start I got focused by the group that spawns in the NW.  The better position for me was to be slightly south of the main group and come through the gap between islands further south then head due north to be able to engage the groups spawning in NE and NW.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

See I told you awhile ago not to worry about Ops when you felt you were going to be a hindrance to your team.

Make sure to play each of the different Ops to the fifth star. You'll earn rewards once for each of the different Ops.

[WOLF7]
Members
447 posts

Anyone here have any tips/hints/strategies for getting 5 stars on Defense of Naval Station Newport? Every time I try that op, the entire team gets wiped out. Never finished it with even 1 star...

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
599 posts
5,473 battles
22 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Anyone here have any tips/hints/strategies for getting 5 stars on Defense of Naval Station Newport? Every time I try that op, the entire team gets wiped out. Never finished it with even 1 star...

@Lightninger has some really good videos for tactics, Red deployment and reinforcement timings. Check his sticky here in PVE. Newport is...difficult without some fairly good teamwork. Focus firing the reds is key.

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
2 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

See I told you awhile ago not to worry about Ops when you felt you were going to be a hindrance to your team.

Make sure to play each of the different Ops to the fifth star. You'll earn rewards once for each of the different Ops.

yeah looks like i couldn't have picked a simpler one to start with, it is abit of a yawn.  Of course now I want to try them all, but will stick to the weekly rotation for now.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

yeah looks like i couldn't have picked a simpler one to start with, it is abit of a yawn.  Of course now I want to try them all, but will stick to the weekly rotation for now.

Heads up, the Newport Op is a total beotch. You need a group of competent players to five star that one.

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 11:37 AM, HamAndCheez said:

If you want direct links to anything or can't find the videos, let me know.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
447 posts
17 hours ago, Lightninger said:

If you want direct links to anything or can't find the videos, let me know.

OK, thanks! 

For an update, I just finished the Newport op in my Devonshire and actually got a win for once. We got a 3 star win. Good teamwork. I've kinda got an idea of how to go about it now. Seems like getting 5 stars would still be extremely difficult, though.

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
5 hours ago, HamAndCheez said:

OK, thanks! 

For an update, I just finished the Newport op in my Devonshire and actually got a win for once. We got a 3 star win. Good teamwork. I've kinda got an idea of how to go about it now. Seems like getting 5 stars would still be extremely difficult, though.

If you want to get it with a five star win, let me know. You can join us on Hoperations and get all the Scenarios to five stars.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,231 posts
9,665 battles
On 5/19/2020 at 11:37 AM, HamAndCheez said:

IMO you need a really, really good ops CV player on your team to bring up the chances of getting 5 stars in Newport more likely.

The ability to strike key targets freely is a huge influence in securing a 5 star win especially with the nature of Newport wave spawns.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this