Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Developer Bulletin 0.9.5

167 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,502
Members
2,262 posts
29,980 battles

As one who's possessed the Spee for two or three years (got it in a mission chain, the one previous to the thing with the cartoon girls), it's not a ship I use much. Imagine shooting a shot gun with only six pellets - all the spread with all the accuracy WITHOUT the coverage. It's lackluster at best. Like winning a Popsicle with the flavor of ice. FYI.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
442
[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
769 posts
27,726 battles
3 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

As one who's possessed the Spee for two or three years (got it in a mission chain, the one previous to the thing with the cartoon girls), it's not a ship I use much. Imagine shooting a shot gun with only six pellets - all the spread with all the accuracy WITHOUT the coverage. It's lackluster at best. Like winning a Popsicle with the flavor of ice. FYI.

I enjoy my 2 graf spees. Meme worthy when you blab a bb for 18k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,502
Members
2,262 posts
29,980 battles
7 minutes ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

I enjoy my 2 graf spees. Meme worthy when you blab a bb for 18k.

Yes, but one or two memes a year isn't really a thing, ya know?

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
420
[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,111 posts
6,633 battles
Quote

The unique upgrade and combat mission for cruiser flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23standard_874a3bdc3134b8da4fd6f52186f1b2bX Moskva, as well as any permanent camouflages you purchased, will be preserved. If the Type 20 permanent camouflage hasn't yet been purchased, it will be added.

Seriously.... We spend 5k doubloons to have a camouflage for Moskva, and get NO compensation? Everyone else just gets it for free?!?!?!? At least give us the permanent camouflage for the Nevsky (like you did for EVERY other line change so far).

 

  • Cool 12
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,693
[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles

Still planning on screwing over the players by requiring the T5 Kotovsky and the T10 Alexander Nevsky to be reground when EVERY OTHER line split did NOT require regrinding a tier you had ground already? 

IJN DD split - https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.5.15 split

RU DD split - https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.6.2#Ship_Replacement_Rules

US CL/CA split - https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.7.5#Principles_of_Ship_Replacement

If a ship moved out of tier, you got the replacement ship at that tier free. If the ship that moved had perma-camo, the replacement ship got perma-camo for free and the ship that was moving kept perma-camo as well. Now we have to regrind the tier again AND if you had perma-camo, the replacement doesn't get the perma-camo. Moskva is becoming a premium because WG decided so, and would have received a perma-camo anyways, so people that spent money on the 5,000 doubloon ($20) T10 tech tree are losing that money. Great job of pissing on the players WG as this was a boneheaded idea. But you still have time to change it.

 

 

  • Cool 13
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[KGT]
Members
7 posts
1,004 battles

It looks better where are the real life waves and spray. bring it in . 20 foot seas normal in certain areas. bring  it please . nothing harder to hit targets if your boat is rocking. we all fight on a flat surface. that is not real life settings , bring the ocean waves up to 35 feet. im not joking . i would say add it to areas level 6 and higher leave training wheels level 4 and below

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
679
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,522 posts
47 minutes ago, danredda1616 said:

Seriously.... We spend 5k doubloons to have a camouflage for Moskva, and get NO compensation? Everyone else just gets it for free?!?!?!? At least give us the permanent camouflage for the Nevsky (like you did for EVERY other line change so far).

 

They also gave us the replacement ships, too. It isn't like we'll have a whole new set of ships to research or anything... oh wait it is...

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,693
[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
1 minute ago, StoptheViolins said:

They also gave us the replacement ships, too. It isn't like we'll have a whole new set of ships to research or anything... oh wait it is...

The IJN DD, RU DD, and US CL/CA splits all had new ships to research as well. WG has decided to throw precedent out the window and force regrinding and to cost people a 5k doubloon perma-camo.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
938
[HELLS]
Members
2,890 posts
33,043 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

The IJN DD, RU DD, and US CL/CA splits all had new ships to research as well. WG has decided to throw precedent out the window and force regrinding and to cost people a 5k doubloon perma-camo.

Now you understand why I have no intention of grinding RU ship lines at all. LOL!

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
573
[Y0L0W]
Members
689 posts
21,938 battles

The same rules apply to cruisers flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23standard_874a3bdc3134b8da4fd6f52186f1b2bV Kirov and flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23standard_874a3bdc3134b8da4fd6f52186f1b2bV Kotovsky.

 

This is what's so confusing about this dev blog post. If it said the same rules apply to Kirov that would make sense. But to say to Kotovsky as well?

Does it mean if I've sold Kotovsky I'll get her back? I never had Kotovsky.

Edited by Bortt
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,693
[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
1 minute ago, Bortt said:

The same rules apply to cruisers flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23standard_874a3bdc3134b8da4fd6f52186f1b2bV Kirov and flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23standard_874a3bdc3134b8da4fd6f52186f1b2bV Kotovsky.

 

This is what's so confusing about this dev blog post. If it said the same rules apply to Kirov that would make sense. But to say to Kotovsky as well?

Does it mean if I've sold Kotovsky I'll get her back? I never had Kotovsky.

The T5 Kotovsky is the ship replacing the T5 Kirov in the tech tree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
573
[Y0L0W]
Members
689 posts
21,938 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The T5 Kotovsky is the ship replacing the T5 Kirov in the tech tree.

Yeah. I understand that. There's just so much confusion on forums about this and I think that's what's confusing people. At least it is for myself.

I've had both ships but I reset the line. I've worked my way past Kirov and thought I might not grind to Moskva I know I'll still get it and research bureau points will go to Nevsky.

I'm still confused on Kirov though.

I guess it will be a premium Kirov regardless whether I sell it or keep it?

I'll need to grind through Svetlana back to Kotovsky or I'll just get Kotovsky?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[USD]
[USD]
Members
26 posts
9,281 battles

Not that WG may even care, but the last dockyard event with USS Puerto Rico simply turn me off this event.  I was much better with a missions like campaign to a the vessel.  There are better ways of getting money, such as why not see the flags?  

Edited by Carver
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
10 posts
9,968 battles

Sorry, still confused. I have the Moskva so will I get the new premium Moskva. And then do I need to start grinding for the new t 10 ship?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,059
[WOLFG]
Members
13,388 posts
12,784 battles
7 minutes ago, TheRoc53 said:

Sorry, still confused. I have the Moskva so will I get the new premium Moskva. And then do I need to start grinding for the new t 10 ship?

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,693
[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
21 minutes ago, Bortt said:

Yeah. I understand that. There's just so much confusion on forums about this and I think that's what's confusing people. At least it is for myself.

I've had both ships but I reset the line. I've worked my way past Kirov and thought I might not grind to Moskva I know I'll still get it and research bureau points will go to Nevsky.

I'm still confused on Kirov though.

I guess it will be a premium Kirov regardless whether I sell it or keep it?

I'll need to grind through Svetlana back to Kotovsky or I'll just get Kotovsky?

Kirov is becoming a premium and you have to regrind Svietlana to get Kotovsky. In the past, you would have just got Kotovsky, but WG is throwing all that precedent away in the boneheaded ploy for us to regrind for some dumb-a reason.

 

14 minutes ago, TheRoc53 said:

Sorry, still confused. I have the Moskva so will I get the new premium Moskva. And then do I need to start grinding for the new t 10 ship?

2 minutes ago, TheRoc53 said:

Thanks, so what T9 ship do you need to grind for the t10 Alexander Nevsky

Donskoi

Kirov will move to premium and Kotovsky will take it's place, so you will have to regrind Svietlana to get Kotovsky.

Moskva is moving out and Alexander Nevsky is moving in. You will have to regrind Donskoi to get Nevsky.

Tallinn is the start of the new split line, so if you don't get Tallinn in early access, you will likely have to regrind Shchors to get Tallinn.

 

RU cruiser split.JPG

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,059
[WOLFG]
Members
13,388 posts
12,784 battles
5 minutes ago, TheRoc53 said:

Thanks, so what T9 ship do you need to grind for the t10 Alexander Nevsky

 

The Nevsky has the 180 guns right?  Then it would be the Donskoi I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[Y0L0]
Members
30 posts
23,644 battles
49 minutes ago, GEN_Lonewolf said:

It looks better where are the real life waves and spray. bring it in . 20 foot seas normal in certain areas. bring  it please . nothing harder to hit targets if your boat is rocking. we all fight on a flat surface. that is not real life settings , bring the ocean waves up to 35 feet. im not joking . i would say add it to areas level 6 and higher leave training wheels level 4 and below

Please not, it would just make people feel see sick and would cause them to stop playing 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[DJL]
Members
32 posts
46,843 battles

So, what I see (or do NOT see) here, is extreme vagueness on the Odin.  How close will the directive get you, and how much can you expect to have to add from your own pocket to finish this ship?  Clearly Odin is the prize of interest here, but you spent a lot of space discussing how to get Graf Spee and almost no space discussing Odin.  I sure hope this does not turn into another chase like the Puerto Rico...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[CEWL]
Members
68 posts
9,614 battles
Just now, LTC_Don said:

So, what I see (or do NOT see) here, is extreme vagueness on the Odin.  How close will the directive get you, and how much can you expect to have to add from your own pocket to finish this ship?  Clearly Odin is the prize of interest here, but you spent a lot of space discussing how to get Graf Spee and almost no space discussing Odin.  I sure hope this does not turn into another chase like the Puerto Rico...

From what i understand phas 19 and 20 gets you Odin. Phase 19 and 20 you gotta pay to do. There fore you have to buy  the Odin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×