You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lordholland4293

ranked spirit or normal ranked 1 v1

30 comments in this topic

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles

who here wants 1v1 to come back like in Christmas 2019 and have reduced rewards like coal, steel, dubs, and research points? I would like ranked to be fun instead of fling like you beat your head on the wall. Hopefully the new season will be good but wish 1v1 would come back

Edited by lordholland4293
spelling
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[GGWP]
Members
84 posts
3,652 battles
1 minute ago, lordholland4293 said:

who here wants 1v1 to come back like in Christmas 2019 and have reduced rewards like coal, steel, dubs, and research points? I would like ranked to be fun instead of fling like you beat your head on the wall. Hopefully the new season will be good but wish 1v1 would come back

I missed the 1v1 so I am all for this idea. Heck, if they threw it in as a new gamemode, I would absolutely play this game so much more.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,202 battles

1v1 was a fun side game but i wouldnt want to play an entire ranked season in it. Plus it would become very stale at the top end as only the meta ships will be played against each other.

Edited by ITZ_ACE_BABY
  • Cool 1

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Out of curiosity, if it is 1 vs 1 and both ships ram, destroying both ships, it is a loss for both players?

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
2 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

Out of curiosity, if it is 1 vs 1 and both ships ram, destroying both ships, it is a loss for both players?

it was usually a draw 

[SPTR]
Members
27,185 posts
16,907 battles

I found 1v1 rank sprint to be a suprising enjoyment(probs because I had le terrible fully kitted out at the time). I too hope WG bring it back. 

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,202 battles
39 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

whoever has the most points wins, get a cap and a points lead then just cheese an easy win by ramming

Edited by ITZ_ACE_BABY

[PVE]
Members
6,898 posts
22,666 battles
1 hour ago, kishan99 said:

24 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

whoever has the most points wins, get a cap and a points lead then just cheese an easy win by ramming

^^^This

But...if no player has the lead then:

59 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

it was usually a draw 

& in that case it is a loss for both players.

Edit: Actually in 1 vs 1 it would be a push for both players...no star lost (as you would both be top of your team) but no win either.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,835 posts
11,601 battles
2 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

I didn’t see that happen in any of my games if I remember correctly . Is that really true ?

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles

It was fun. Even we you were on the wrong side of the matchup it still was entertaining. Playing a DD against a BB and the BB never saw you the entire game....No matter what you wait till the Mass is below 40k before you yolo rush him in the Hipper, 6 torps only nets 40k damage, 4 times I tried....lols.

[TORCH]
Members
620 posts
16,238 battles

I personally didn't like the 1v1 format.  It DOES have it's good points - #1 on the list being that it generated NO "my teams are so bad" wailing on the forum.

My problem with the 1v1 format was that, for me, at least, winning was less a matter of personal skill, and much more about WHAT you were matched against.  Being a cruiser guy, I played a CL.  In my battles, I nearly always won if matched against a DD, and nearly always lost of matched against a CA or BB.  Against other CLs, I was somewhere near 50%.  I quit fairly early, because as soon as I saw what was on the other team, I could pretty well predict who would win.  Oh yes, there were exceptions, like the one (and only) time I beat a BB, but the only reason I beat that BB was that the guy driving it made every mistake you could possibly make.

So no.  1v1 was much too rock/scissors/paper for me.

Members
567 posts

1 vs 1 ranked wasnt enjoyable ..even though i ranked out it wasnt nice ..you played against the same ship 50 times in a row ..there wasnt any diversity ,,map was to small to move a bb around .i would not bother with this again... 

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,469 posts
24,759 battles

1v1 Ranked Sprint was awesome. The only class I didnt mess with was Destroyers because I'm not good in them, really. The best part was the humble pie it served everyone when they played their OP ships and still lost. I dont think many actually ate the pie they were given, but it was offered. 

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

1v1 was fun, but I also have a Tirpitz.  If they isolated it to same class (BB v BB, DD v DD) I think it would be interesting.  Its a waste of flags though....

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
906 posts
10,632 battles
7 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

1v1 was a fun side game but i wouldnt want to play an entire ranked season in it. Plus it would become very stale at the top end as only the meta ships will be played against each other.

Agree with this. 1 v 1 is nice for a sprint and that was a nice change of pace but a full season would get boring. Even in the sprint season it was flooded with Tirpitz. Which is fine for a few days but 4-6 weeks in a full season would get frustrating because it’s more about having the right ship than having the skill to carry

[DVYJC]
Members
3,554 posts
8,114 battles

1 v 1 was amazing. I went counter-meta with Le Fantasque and a strategy that basically boiled down to 1. All ahead full, 2. Pop speed boost, 3. Torpedo Joust. I had probably a 12% better win rate than usual for me, first time I ever had a unicum rating for a PvP game mode.

6 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

3 hours ago, clammboy said:

I didn’t see that happen in any of my games if I remember correctly . Is that really true ?

This happened to me once. The ram was actually inadvertent, too, we were knife fighting, but I had taken the small cap thanks to Speed Boost.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,835 posts
11,601 battles

@RainbowFartingUnicorn 

This happened to me once. The ram was actually inadvertent, too, we were knife fighting, but I had taken the small cap thanks to Speed Boost.

I was just wondering if it was a draw or the player with the most points won do you remember I don't .

Edited by clammboy

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,835 posts
11,601 battles
27 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

1v1 was fun, but I also have a Tirpitz.  If they isolated it to same class (BB v BB, DD v DD) I think it would be interesting.  Its a waste of flags though....

Maybe they could do a different tiers every 2 days like tier 3 and 4 then tier 6 and 7 and so on so same ships cant be used over and over till you rank out .

[DBRIS]
Members
673 posts
11,847 battles

I had a blast in 1v1 until my ISP crapped out. I used Hipper and only had an issue when I ran into a Graf Z.

Members
3,302 posts
16,556 battles

Sure, why not?  I didn't like it at first but then I started playing Bismarck exclusively and kicked everyone's butts including Tirpitz and ranked out quickly.   

[CO-OP]
Members
1,733 posts
25,923 battles

1v1 should be the default Raked Sprint mode. The last season of Sprint was essentially Ranked and it sucked.

[NSEW]
Members
2,097 posts
11,306 battles
9 hours ago, lordholland4293 said:

I would like ranked to be fun instead of fling like you beat your head on the wall.

I don't ever recall the word "fun" being associated with the experiences of Ranked.