You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shwartzs

EU & NA servers

30 comments in this topic

[BLEP]
Members
17 posts

Servers should be merged or players should be able to toggle what server they want to play their account on without being charged, rather than paying for it.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 3

[B-Z]
Members
198 posts
22,921 battles
23 minutes ago, Shwartzs said:

rather than paying for it.

How is there a paid service?

[WORX]
Members
11,380 posts
19,183 battles

All servers are free to play... The servers are split in order to be managed and supported separate but equally.

[PVE]
Members
6,902 posts
22,666 battles
1 hour ago, Shwartzs said:

Servers should be merged or players should be able to toggle what server they want to play their account on without being charged, rather than paying for it.

You can't toggle your account to another server even if you pay for it.

There was an option just recently to change servers (about a month or 2 ago I think it was) but that was just a 1 time offer...but it was free & that ship has sailed.

You can start an account on any of the servers for free...but switching servers w/an account isn't an option (now that the 1 time option just passed).

If somebody is trying to charge you for it don't fall for it.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[FML]
Members
4,084 posts
15,933 battles

Why do you want to change servers? 

There are rubbish players everywhere you go. 

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,202 battles
6 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Why do you want to change servers? 

There are rubbish players everywhere you go. 

TRUE, how many low intelligence gamers say this server is better then that! they are all equally rubbish, except for the SEA server that place is really bad.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[BLEP]
Members
17 posts

over 30 million players, think they can afford to invest in eu and na to merge. giving players to play with their gaming friends from around the world

• Funny 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,681 posts
10,705 battles

It's easy. All you need is an account and install the 2nd instance. The logins and game versions become dropdown menu items. What's the problem?

I have EU and CIS accounts. Easy peasy Lemon Squeezy.

• Cool 1

[BLEP]
Members
17 posts
2 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

It's easy. All you need is an account and install the 2nd instance. The logins and game versions become dropdown menu items. What's the problem?

aware of that, but that's not the point I'm referring to

[USCC2]
Members
6,170 posts
8 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

I believe (cost bit aside), @Shwartzs would like a way of playing his one account on all the servers? That way any money he has spent can stay with his one account and he doesn't need to buy again.

The cost he may be talking about is where if creating alternate accounts instead of the one, Premium Time, Premium ships etc - does cost.

Of course each account could be free to play if you stick to just Tech Tree ships etc - but it is unlikely with most players that they spend nothing.

You can't use one account - all have to be started new for each server - rather than once and then moving around the servers. I believe this is what he is referring to?

Edited by _WaveRider_

[BLEP]
Members
17 posts

I'm aware of what the developers are doing and I'm stating its ridiculous. As many do not want to start the grind over, I have 16 tier ten ships 15 premium ships 370 days of premium, you honestly think I look forward to starting over on another server. Players from all over tend to meet and make new friends only to find we play similar games, no one wants to start over even though it is free to play, they want to play their account they want to play with friends, and sometimes people just want more populated servers as USA is the smallest of them all. Unfortunately! My friend she created a new account on usa from EU but she also is not happy that one can not switch between EU and US with the one account. Especially if we paying customers. Maybe the freebies would not have this option but the ones who fund the corporation should have the benefit of the doubt

• Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,170 posts
58 minutes ago, Shwartzs said:

I'm aware of what the developers are doing and I'm stating its ridiculous. As many do not want to start the grind over, I have 16 tier ten ships 15 premium ships 370 days of premium, you honestly think I look forward to starting over on another server. Players from all over tend to meet and make new friends only to find we play similar games, no one wants to start over even though it is free to play, they want to play their account they want to play with friends, and sometimes people just want more populated servers as USA is the smallest of them all. Unfortunately! My friend she created a new account on usa from EU but she also is not happy that one can not switch between EU and US with the one account. Especially if we paying customers. Maybe the freebies would not have this option but the ones who fund the corporation should have the benefit of the doubt

I agree. I now have 3 colleagues that have left the game completely. 

They wanted to transfer their earned and paid for items on an EU account, to their new accounts on NA. 

Not possible, so they left the game. Guess WG wanting to milk more money from the community also leads to them losing some on the way!

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,676 posts
35,844 battles
2 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Exactly. I have NA and EU accounts. Easy with the game center.

Just pick another drive location for the other instance.

I use Aslains. Every refresh of it installs to the NA folder, then I copy /res_mods to the EU drive/folder.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,835 posts
11,625 battles

Well maybe we should all get whatever it is we want but it doesn’t work that way .. There’s not much you can do about it unless you do it there way . 

• Cool 1

[LOSC]
Members
592 posts

You can transfer funds from Tanks to World of warplanes but not Warships.

As for me I recently started on the Eu server.

New grind of ships but I now remember why I like the Omaha again.

Members
1,465 posts
7,121 battles
6 hours ago, Shwartzs said:

over 30 million players, think they can afford to invest in eu and na to merge. giving players to play with their gaming friends from around the world

30 million what have you been smoking??

[--O--]
Members
935 posts

Why would you want to be on a different server?

Language barrier on NA can be horrible at times now why make it worse?

30 million lmbo really where you come up with that number a clown car?

How about just make a second NA account if you want to pad stats now that you have experience many have?

The more account you have the more money you spend doesnt matter the server and all of the servers have just as many bad and good players.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,989 posts
14,378 battles
9 hours ago, Shwartzs said:

Aloha,

So um, both servers are free... not sure why you think you have to pay.

We have the servers separated because you have a big pool of H2O between us and the EU folks, which lends to connectivity issues sometimes. That and we have separate teams to better support those players (languages and culture etc). You can create an account on both servers with the same credentials.

There is a big difference from EU to NA in terms of interaction though... The EU server tends to be a bit more, um, not-friendly, in terms of their interactions with each other.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

Members
3,415 posts
40,645 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

So um, both servers are free... not sure why you think you have to pay.

We have the servers separated because you have a big pool of H2O between us and the EU folks, which lends to connectivity issues sometimes. That and we have separate teams to better support those players (languages and culture etc). You can create an account on both servers with the same credentials.

There is a big difference from EU to NA in terms of interaction though... The EU server tends to be a bit more, um, not-friendly, in terms of their interactions with each other.

-Hapa

That is Hapa's sugar coated way of saying EU is rude. But I am also sugar coating it because the real word is not allowed. But is often associated in a scene from Space Balls the movie. "I'm surrounded by.., keep firing...."

That's about all I will say about that. Look up the scene. 😏😎

[WG]
3,989 posts
14,378 battles
12 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

That is Hapa's sugar coated way of saying EU is rude. But I am also sugar coating it because the real word is not allowed. But is often associated in a scene from Space Balls the movie. "I'm surrounded by.., keep firing...."

That is not what I am saying at all. The real world doesn't involve being toxic to others in public.  This isn't a socially or culturally acceptable thing on NA in general or the game.

Cultural differences lend to more blunt, straight forward and quite frankly IMO not appropriate engagements for gaming at times. The EU community tends to be far more competitive than we are as well, which also lends to toxic chat.

We on the NA side of the house like to focus the game on playing the GAME, not screaming, yelling, personal attacking other players because we can all be passionate about a game, but it doesn't mean we can't have fun playing the game.

-Hapa

[IRNBN]
Members
3,681 posts
10,705 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

You got that right. CIS is even more rude. On the plus side, CIS is much more aggressive game play, and less CV.

Shaka brah! :crab:

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,572 battles
32 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

From https://www.businessinsider.com/the-culture-map-8-scales-for-work-2015-1:

image.png.0d9e670458d70c033072e27ab4d4ac92.png

Rudeness is only a perspective based on what is normal to you. Americans, contrary to what a lot of people here probably think, are not very blunt/direct compared to much of the world.

[NSEW]
Members
2,098 posts
11,313 battles
22 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

We on the NA side of the house like to focus the game on playing the GAME, not screaming, yelling, personal attacking other players because we can all be passionate about a game

Err, yes. It isn't the be all and end all of this subject. 

I recall, NA games being just as toxic as any out there.  We also have lost 'competitive' players after the 0.8.0 patch testing. 

Mostly, the 'toxic words' from the EU players are the ones who have a loud bark with no bite (usually) in game. I could be wrong naturally.  

[WG]
3,989 posts
14,378 battles
3 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Err, yes. It isn't the be all and end all of this subject. 

I recall, NA games being just as toxic as any out there.  We also have lost 'competitive' players after the 0.8.0 patch testing. 

Mostly, the 'toxic words' from the EU players are the ones who have a loud bark with no bite (usually) in game. I could be wrong naturally.  

Well careful with blanket statements. Because our competitive players and players playing in the competitive on the regular have INCREASED. In any game, you will have people that have played over a long period of time will leave, but we have a large amount of players coming in and playing those competitive game modes regularly.

TBH, you will see a lot of CCs show this or mention this (Jingles has said it numerous times) we on NA are more laid back and easy going and actually communicate in games, this doesn't always occur elsewhere.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,662 battles
2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Nope. Exactly the same. Just on EU we have a variety of languages to swear at each other with. 

• Funny 2