Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Deadeye19

Max Battleships Great Again

10 comments in this topic

[AW]
Members
1 post
2,015 battles

Maybe im the only one whose noticed this but why have battleship been power creeped over the improve armor angles and sigma jsut screwed battleships over, There been a lot of time where I'll be shooting at a cruiser along the long axis at sub 10k and still just get over pens.

Or just shooting at cruisers and even battlehship broadsides and nothing but over beens, Maybe its the desync issue but im shooting through the beefy part of the ship under the super, Sure Citadels would be better but over pens? Come on, Theres plenty of meet in the middle section of a ship to arm and detonate the AP Shells.

Can wargaming seriously look into this, It seems like everything geared to Cruiser play, from fire spamming smols, to DMs shooting AP @ max range to get plunging shells into my citadel. 

Everyone complains about BBs not pushing and sitting back and Yeeting shells at 20+km, and this is because theres no incentive or perk for BBs to push and be close cause Cruisers can out damage BBs and we cant truely punish cruisers.

Edited by Deadeye19
  • Boring 4

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

You are not living up to your name if you are getting overpens.

When this happens to good players they adjust their aim slightly and then citadel that broadside ship into next week.

Learn to make the correction on your target before they adjust their angle.

• Funny 1

[ICBM]
Members
0 posts

Maybe I'm playing the wrong battleships, but usually when cruisers get within 10km, they don't last long. Sure, sometimes I bork a shot or maybe I run up against a really good player, but that doesn't happen much. 

Smolensk is the exception. Something really should be done about that thing and all the overpens. I feel like switching it to lighter armor actually made it tankier. 

[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,680 battles

Clearly, you've never seen me play a battleship. I have no issues killing whatever I choose, and it's because I do aim correctly, and I don't play back and snipe, and I don't even run survival builds. The issue is 100% the player behind the keyboard.

[RLGN]
Members
14,921 posts
26,442 battles

If I can see things, I can generally hit them.

Folks cry that battleships don’t support; my gripe is that light ships don’t spot.

[PVE]
Members
6,929 posts
22,691 battles
2 hours ago, Deadeye19 said:

Maybe im the only one whose noticed this but why have battleship been power creeped over the improve armor angles and sigma jsut screwed battleships over, There been a lot of time where I'll be shooting at a cruiser along the long axis at sub 10k and still just get over pens.

Or just shooting at cruisers and even battlehship broadsides and nothing but over beens, Maybe its the desync issue but im shooting through the beefy part of the ship under the super, Sure Citadels would be better but over pens? Come on, Theres plenty of meet in the middle section of a ship to arm and detonate the AP Shells.

Can wargaming seriously look into this, It seems like everything geared to Cruiser play, from fire spamming smols, to DMs shooting AP @ max range to get plunging shells into my citadel. 

Everyone complains about BBs not pushing and sitting back and Yeeting shells at 20+km, and this is because theres no incentive or perk for BBs to push and be close cause Cruisers can out damage BBs and we cant truely punish cruisers.

Can't truly help w/out a list of sacrifices made to RNGesus just prior to the battle(s) in question...please enter the appropriate # under each category in the list here:

$$/items/offspring/virgins/bacon

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,862 posts
16,485 battles

The only  BB I can think of  that need some buffs is Montana.(it just needs another consumable like DAF) but that's only because all the newer ones do everything better.:fish_book:

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
1 hour ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Clearly, you've never seen me play a battleship. I have no issues killing whatever I choose, and it's because I do aim correctly, and I don't play back and snipe, and I don't even run survival builds. The issue is 100% the player behind the keyboard.

Lol same with me, I rarely have used survival builds on my BBs, favoring maximizing raw offensive power. And like a friend of mine said, he knew I was in the battle and on the opposing team when he suddenly had a double citadel blown out of his BB shorty after he was spotted near the battle start. And he was like yeah Thrawn must be in the battle and sure enough he noticed me after checking a moment later. All a matter of knowing how, when where, and with what to shoot.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles
6 hours ago, Deadeye19 said:

DMs shooting AP @ max range to get plunging shells into my citadel

Pics or it didn't happen. 

Sign in to follow this