You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
S7CentNickel

Tier 9 DD which one?

18 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
390 posts

Just got my Gearing and can afford one Tier 9 DD.  Which one, Ostergotland or Yugumo?  I'm thinking Oster but have had the Yugumo unlocked for  long time, maybe its finally  time.  Thoughts on either because I don't see much talk on either of them, other than the Yugumo got nerfed big time a while back.

Thanks in advance.

• Cool 1

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles

Swede DDs are garbage except for Halland. 2x4 torps with a long reload and anemic damage doesn't work. 

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,557 battles
20 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

Just got my Gearing and can afford one Tier 9 DD.  Which one, Ostergotland or Yugumo?  I'm thinking Oster but have had the Yugumo unlocked for  long time, maybe its finally  time.  Thoughts on either because I don't see much talk on either of them, other than the Yugumo got nerfed big time a while back.

Thanks in advance.

Get both and torp spam your way to greatness 

Just avoid CV games 

Note: Reload Booster on Yugumo of course o7

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1

[-BN-]
Members
15 posts
8,131 battles

Oster it's a good choice if u like multi-role dd's , u have good AA, good concealment, a good repair party, nice (but slow) main guns that are great dealing with destroyers and causin' fires, and torps do not deal great damage but have a fast reload and deal flood almost every time so u can light them up with fires after they used their damage control consumable. 

on the other hand, yugumo torp's have a devastating damage and the ship have excelent concealment, also u earn smoke to escape akward situations. the guns deal high damage for a dd and have really good sigma, but long reload. 

Personally: I would choose oster because u can deal with problems that the yugumo cannot face (like carriers, hunting other destroyers or healing damage) but u have to play "safer" sometimes thanks to the lack of smoke, but it all depends on your play style captain! o7

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
368 posts
14,436 battles

Chung Mu, the deep water torps are fast and very low detection.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,796 posts
16,934 battles

Of the tech tree T9’s. I’d submit the Jutland, Fletcher, Kitakaze.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Cool 2

[HELLS]
Members
2,729 posts
28,888 battles
35 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Of the tech tree T9’s. I’d submit the Jutland, Fletcher, Kitakaze.

My choices as well. +1!

[O_O]
Members
6,764 posts
16,191 battles

Yugumo is still a solid, albeit torpedo reliant, destroyer.  Spec for concealment, turn off your AA in games with CV's unless detected by air, and equip Torpedo Reload Boost for max torpedo blapment.  Yugumo is still the "T9 ghost".  Launch two spreads, hit TRB, launch two more spreads seconds later for devastating effect.  Get detected, however, and you better run your ashes off.

[WORX]
Members
11,408 posts
19,183 battles

Right now I am breaking into tier 9 DD play with the Kitakaze... Now considering I dont like tier 9 or high tier DD play, the Kitakaze in game experiance was tolerable... 

I gave me what I needed to secure a Campaign mission.

I am no authority on high tier DD play... At least for me, I liked the Kitakaze.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,862 posts
16,466 battles
3 hours ago, ksix said:

Swede DDs are garbage except for Halland. 2x4 torps with a long reload and anemic damage doesn't work. 

The tier 5 is actually pretty good as well, it's almost as good as a Kimikaze once you level up your commander.:fish_book:

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

I very much enjoyed my Yugumo.  Stealthy and amazing torps. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,245 posts
21,676 battles
4 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

Thanks in advance.

Oster....

Very good and fun destroyer with 14 point captain. 

Yugo..... torp boat, boring cv bait.

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Right now I am breaking into tier 9 DD play with the Kitakaze... Now considering I dont like tier 9 or high tier DD play, the Kitakaze in game experiance was tolerable... 

I gave me what I needed to secure a Campaign mission.

I am no authority on high tier DD play... At least for me, I liked the Kitakaze.

Kita is great. Awesome detection for a gunboat DD and doesn't eat BB pens like Harugumo. Considering the balance state of other T9 DDs Kita is generally regarded as being a bit overpowered.

Edited by ksix

[X-PN]
Members
600 posts
6,853 battles
4 hours ago, ksix said:

But 2x10 with same reload and damage suddenly does?

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Yugomo has ridiculous concealment and a wicked reload booster...

Jutland is a cap bully and one of my favorite ships in game.

Edited by thebigblue