Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DudeWhereIsMyTank

Desperation... Need Advice

32 comments in this topic

[-WD-]
Alpha Tester
884 posts
11,617 battles

I am seeking advice/help because I can't win anymore.
Everything changed on May 1st.
Over last 3 weeks my win rate dropped to 42% (overall 55%). It is 42% only because sometimes I still win in GC.
Most games my team looses all DDs in first 5 minutes or completely looses 1 flank.
How bad is it?
Right now doing just 25K damage at Tier 9/10 makes me second/third best player on my (loosing) team.
Feels like there is absolutely nothing I can do to win.
Sure I screw up sometimes too but almost always I am in top 5 on loosing team.

About 6 months after game was released I had bad streak too. I lost about 42 games out of 50.
I am not a whale, not a unicum.
Right now I seriously considering quitting this game.
Do you guys have a advise, suggestion for me?

[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,689 battles

If having problems playing alone, div up, and maximize your chances of affecting the match towards the outcome you want, or, one could simply drop tiers, and administer whuppins until you feel better. Sometimes, a mental reset is all you need.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,424 posts
8,911 battles

I’d suggest taking a break from the game for a week or two at least. Recharge your battery, get out of old habits, then come back in fresh. 

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
11,488 posts
19,230 battles
10 minutes ago, DudeWhereIsMyTank said:

Over last 3 weeks my win rate dropped to 42% (overall 55%). It is 42% only because sometimes I still win in GC.
Most games my team looses all DDs in first 5 minutes or completely looses 1 flank.
How bad is it?
Right now doing just 25K damage at Tier 9/10 makes me second/third best player on my (loosing) team.

About 6 months after game was released I had bad streak too. I lost about 42 games out of 50.

• Just play,
    • WIthout pressure of trying or getting the win
  • Just learn,
    • Learning is an endless part of the game. Learn what you did wrong to improve on the next battle
  • Ignore stats
    • Stats just shows what ever the player wants to see/interpret. Sometimes those views are distorted...
  • Play the objective.
    • This means playing Domination mod correctly.
    • Sinking primary targets for your ship class.
    • Sinking the high scorer on the red side.

If you adapt your play style then those streaks will not be as long...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
5,376 posts
4,587 battles
10 minutes ago, DudeWhereIsMyTank said:

How bad is it?

Dude, I just realized there is a lot of network performance issues that seriously impact your performance during certain times of the day (on your side mostly, not sure if server side too but don't think so). Try changing the time when you play and playing during less frequented hours. Might help.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
25 minutes ago, DudeWhereIsMyTank said:

Sometimes you just have a run of bad luck. For instance, a couple of days ago I could do no wrong in the game -- my team won all but one battle I played, even if I played like crap. Today, I've not been so lucky, even though I am playing my heart out and sometimes even coming in at the top of the team, my teams still seem to lose. That's just the luck of the draw.

My advice if you are faced with a losing streak is to look through your stats and find the ship with substantial games played you have done the best in and then play it for awhile. At least you know that you will be giving yourself and your team your best effort.

When I'm facing a string of losses, like I have been today, I hop in my Massachusetts, where I know I can do well. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[LWA]
Members
1,186 posts

Play in the wee hours of the morning, less potatoes and more friendly Aussies......

• Funny 2

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,235 battles
30 minutes ago, DudeWhereIsMyTank said:

How bad is it?

you just need to do more, you cannot rely on random team mates. Its up to you to determine a match outcome

• Cool 1

[PMWC1]
Members
199 posts
6,407 battles

I find being the first killed is a great way to get a win.

When the 200% first win bonus was going I’d play great and the teams would get slaughtered.  Whenever I had a terrible game it was usually a win so I couldn’t benefit.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[DAS]
Members
1,013 posts
9,032 battles

2 nights ago, I played 2 games in the Worcester.

In the first game, I did 165K dmg and got 4 kills. It wasn't good enough and we weren't even close to winning (me vs 4 at the end).

In the last game, I did 195K dmg and got 2 kills. It also wasn't good enough. However, it was a bit closer since it was 3 vs 3 when they won on points (they had 300-400 points more than us).

My conclusion, I need to do at least 250K dmg to maybe get a win. I wasn't sure that I could do that, so I stopped playing for the day.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,286 posts
9,867 battles
1 hour ago, DudeWhereIsMyTank said:

How bad is it?

drive soviet bias easymode ships. They're hard coded to stomp on everything else. 

Win rate is irrelevant as its not really up to you personally if a battle is won. You can sink 7 ships doing all the damage to them and still lose because your team consists of nothing but mouthbreathers. 

• Boring 1

[AN2AC]
Members
134 posts
8,775 battles

yup, you are playing the wrong game ....  ships here not tanks :Smile_hiding:

[SCOM]
Members
221 posts
9,420 battles
24 minutes ago, epojokke said:

2 nights ago, I played 2 games in the Worcester.

In the first game, I did 165K dmg and got 4 kills. It wasn't good enough and we weren't even close to winning (me vs 4 at the end).

In the last game, I did 195K dmg and got 2 kills. It also wasn't good enough. However, it was a bit closer since it was 3 vs 3 when they won on points (they had 300-400 points more than us).

My conclusion, I need to do at least 250K dmg to maybe get a win. I wasn't sure that I could do that, so I stopped playing for the day.

I had the opposite.

5 games in my Benham today.  First 3 were losses, I did 90 to 160k damage each game.

Last 2 games were wins, i did 30 and 40k

Less is more I guess?

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,812 posts
17,017 battles
4 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

drive soviet bias easymode ships. They're hard coded to stomp on everything else

LoL

If you have clan mates that will do a three person division with voice coms helps. 

If your dying early, don’t rush to the front at flank speed.

Pick ships that you like and do the best in.

Drop down a tier or three, or five.

If you see a low health ship or a DD that has come into view, F3 it.

[7AES]
Members
81 posts
10,762 battles

Same here for me. Ill have a week where its just ultra potato fest then a week of meh. My WR has dropped about .5%. I am also not playing nearly as often as I had been in the past. The quality of the matches has gone so far downhill its just not much fun anymore. Used to be 50% of my matches were pretty good fights win or lose now its maybe 25%.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

How bad is it?

I know it's difficult sometimes, but just try to play with a neutral mindset.  Try your own personal best without concerning yourself on whether the team wins or loses.  Overall results will be what they will be, but at least you can take stock in your own contribution.

Everyone goes through bad loss streaks, but if it's getting to you then take a break.  Even for weeks or months.  It helps.  If you're getting frustrated, put the game down and do something else.  This game is not worth getting frustrated over.

Edited by Kuckoo

[-AGW-]
Members
999 posts
14,839 battles

You know, you don't have to play this game all the time. Usually in Summer my number of games go down as I find better things to do like planting a garden or home improvements.

Serious gaming is for Winter. 

[POP]
Members
2,929 posts
23,736 battles

Pick your favourite ship and play her for fun, you still may lose a game  but then again if your confident in her you may surprise yourself and the enemy team.  

Edited by tm63au

[DAS]
Members
1,013 posts
9,032 battles
1 hour ago, Wanturskul said:

I had the opposite.

5 games in my Benham today.  First 3 were losses, I did 90 to 160k damage each game.

Last 2 games were wins, i did 30 and 40k

Less is more I guess?

That is almost worse. When you have a super game, you lose, but when you completely suck, you team wins.

[SCOM]
Members
221 posts
9,420 battles
27 minutes ago, epojokke said:

That is almost worse. When you have a super game, you lose, but when you completely suck, you team wins.

My 30k game felt really bad during the match because I had 4 kills, but after the match I realized I had killed all the red DDs.  So I still placed 2nd on my team.

[DAS]
Members
1,013 posts
9,032 battles
2 minutes ago, Wanturskul said:

My 30k game felt really bad during the match because I had 4 kills, but after the match I realized I had killed all the red DDs.  So I still placed 2nd on my team.

Then it isn't so bad. I have had games with around 5K dmg and a 3rd place on my team. Don't know how that is possible.

[CNO]
Members
6,085 posts
18,567 battles

Your win rate at 10000 games is a very respectable.

If you look at ships with 50 games or more, you will see a big bald spot....Russia!  Nothing against Russia.  It's just that all of your other nations show a significant margin of ships north of 50%. With Russia, for whatever reason, you have more south of 50%.  I don't know if that is a long term or short term stat, so look at your games since May 1 and see if the Russian distribution matches your overall stats.   If that's the case, you may have an answer...or at least a contributing answer.

There is also the simple vagaries of MM.  Just the normal aspect of the random nature of MM will give players runs of bad games. 

Again, your stats are solid.  So just enjoy the game.  I suspect things will come around.

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,618 posts
20,816 battles
15 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

I’d suggest taking a break from the game for a week or two at least. Recharge your battery, get out of old habits, then come back in fresh. 

This is great advice, sometimes we get stuck in the same old rut and just keep doing the same things time after time expecting the result to change when really it is us that needs to change.

I've been around since closed beta and I can tell you that this game and the way we have to play it to be successful, constantly changes. Sometimes it will drastically change with the implementation of the "next update"....it is up to us to keep up, so don't give up, just change what you are doing, after all...can't get worse right?

If we don't change with it we get left behind

Sign in to follow this