You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Halli_SPARTA

CC's

43 comments in this topic

[LOSC]
Members
612 posts

This is not a jab comment to our Community Contributors 

Why do we have CC's that don't Contribute to the Forums? 

What makes them Cc's if they don't go the the main connection betwixt Cc and the end user???  

Some I see working well in it's concept like WhiteMouse and even Lert, Zath,  and even No Zoup for you,  Posting on the Forums helping the

community, And a couple others whom post about ship reviews on YouTube but for the most part

I rarely see in the Community. Rarely do you see Productive posts that guide we the general players.

Should it not be a requirement for them to post on the forums about topics and let us the General Population and Investors of this game 

know what is going on in the Contributors world?!  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

Most CC's are YouTube/Twitch CC's but some presence on the forums would be good.

[O7]
Members
1,043 posts
6,779 battles

Because many community contributors, especially the big ones like Flamu, make a living by creating content.

YouTube videoes and Twitch streams generates revenue.

Posting on the forums does not bring food to their table.

• Cool 12
  • Boring 1

[GT99]
Members
812 posts
13,987 battles

That and there is only about a handful of the same people on the forums so they wouldn't have much of an audience.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,509 battles
9 minutes ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

This is not a jab comment to our Community Contributors 

What makes them Cc's if they don't go the the main connection betwixt Cc and the end user???  

Some I see working well in it's concept like WhiteMouse and even Lert, Zath,  and even No Zoup for you,  Posting on the Forums helping the

community, And a couple others whom post about ship reviews on YouTube but for the most part

I rarely see in the Community. Rarely do you see Productive posts that guide we the general players.

Should it not be a requirement for them to post on the forums about topics and let us the General Population and Investors of this game 

know what is going on in the Contributors world?!  

As stated above, @LittleWhiteMouse is the only CC who's content is on the forums exclusively.

For the most part, we have quite a few CCs that advertise their Twitch/YouTube content on here, but it is not a requirement. Remember that the percentage of players that use our forums is no higher then about 5% of the total player base in NA.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 2

[NONE]
Members
4,071 posts
12,572 battles

Notser, iChase, and Zoup used to come around, but not often any more.

Yuro isn't an official CC, but he will usually answer questions if you hashtag his main NA account Eurobeat so he gets a notification.

Edited by So_lt_Goes

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles

Some CCs dont like the forums because it puts a dent on their propaganda agenda...

Some like the one way street of they, giving misinformation while their fan-base support their content...

Here in the forums everyone is treated the same... From the guy with ship class bias to the conspiracy theorist and everyone in between, everyone is treated with the same forum critique.

As others have pointed out... It pays to Rage for YT views...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 5

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts
10 minutes ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

If you watch Flambass you will notice that he communicates with his Twitch viewers in chat all the time. Most of them are WOWS players, just not per se forumers. Also, to which forums should he post? If he were to post on the EU forum few here would read his posts anyway.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts
3 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Remember that the percentage of players that use our forums is no higher then about 5% of the total player base in NA.

You are so going to be quoted on that when some people here say again that just because a small percent of forumers feel a certain way about an issue that all WOWS players feel the same way. 

• Boring 2

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

A CC is a Prostaffer in other trades. Honestly I have often wondered why they do not post here as most Prostaffers are required to post to forums to some degree and speak to the clients.

5% of players might post here but im curious to how many lurkers there are. Running several large sites I know i get LOTS of lurking and those are potential clients. More interaction by CC's might get more people at least talking on forums who knows maybe even spending. But my guess is Many of them just dont want the drama forums create.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,153 posts

To put it simply, the community = more than just the forums.

CC's are those that interact with the community in a meaningful way, whatever the format. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,906 posts
9,414 battles

The community is the playerbase as a whole, not just the forums. Posting here, making videos on Youtube, streaming on Twitch, it all serves a different portion of the larger community as a whole. 

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,200 posts
20,409 battles

The CC’s that post here are a small percentage of the total CC’s. Of the ones that do I like reading their posts. LWM, Destroyer_Kuroshiokai, Lord Zath, Zoup, iChase. They usually have interesting input that is worth the read. I’m glad they do come here.

• Cool 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts
55 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

5% of players might post here but im curious to how many lurkers there are. 

327 Members, 1 Anonymous, 1,349 Guests

Remember that many of the "guests" are Google and other search engine webcrawlers.

[O7]
Members
1,520 posts
12,123 battles

a CC is nothing more then an advertisement for wargamings products this does not mean they have deep game knowledge or expertise.

There are far more better people that do use the forums that can help that do not need a CC label. I find myself on the regular questioning pretty much all CC latest content for example flamuu made a video recently claiming bagration was op (obviously to clickbait views via the russian bias conspiracy rubbish) when the ship itself i would just call average and would recommend you get an atago instead.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,649 posts
18,514 battles
2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

As stated above, @LittleWhiteMouse is the only CC who's content is on the forums exclusively.

For the most part, we have quite a few CCs that advertise their Twitch/YouTube content on here, but it is not a requirement. Remember that the percentage of players that use our forums is no higher then about 5% of the total player base in NA.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

I make humorous/satirical posts and memes. I even make more serious adult content sometimes. Wait, that didn't come out right... Anyways, I have piles of forum karma and likely 1000 people following my posts with bated breath.

I am here to be your next all forum content CC!!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I even make more serious adult content sometimes.

:Smile_unsure:

[LOU1]
Members
4,271 posts
13,110 battles

I wouldn't be surprised if the increased toxicity on the forums might also be a factor.  You can see from some of the posts in this thread that there is not always civil exchange of ideas and general respect for each of us as players.  I think it should be kept in mind that to become a CC you have to have a certain number of subscribers and views. That would imply a certain amount of resonance with the player base.

[WOLFC]
Members
557 posts

Can't really add too much that hasn't been said already, but have you seen the average forum post/comments? It's 95% whine threads, 3%informational posts, 1% funny posts, and 1% historical. Comments on any topic of any dissagreement too often devolve into mud slinging/stat shaming/name calling.

I don't blame most of the CCs for staying away.

"WoWs forums. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

• Cool 2

[SOFOP]
Members
2,574 posts
16,194 battles
30 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the increased toxicity on the forums might also be a factor.  You can see from some of the posts in this thread that there is not always civil exchange of ideas and general respect for each of us as players.  I think it should be kept in mind that to become a CC you have to have a certain number of subscribers and views. That would imply a certain amount of resonance with the player base.

Sadly, there are a lot of people, especially on forums, that dislike CCs simply because they are jealous that they make a living doing streams and playing games, while they themselves have to go to work.  They would never admit it though.  Essentially "You either die a popular CC, or hang around long enough to become the villain."

Flamu said the other day that he replied once to a comment on the NA forums.  The comment was slamming him about a video he posted regarding a ship.  His response was not well taken (because it mentioned a comparison in their win rates in said ship); he got a warning about it and never came back.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,878 posts
24,718 battles
4 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Mahalo,

-Hapa

My God I'm finally one of the 5%....

Do I get any goodies?

😄

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Retired WoWS Community Contributors
12,943 posts
11,264 battles
7 hours ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

Because those of us who do are total weirdos. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

Retired WoWS Community Contributors
12,943 posts
11,264 battles
7 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

a CC is nothing more then an advertisement for wargamings products this does not mean they have deep game knowledge or expertise.

There are far more better people that do use the forums that can help that do not need a CC label.

The irony here is incredible.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1