You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Ok! Even I am getting unmotivated now.

33 comments in this topic

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,399 posts

WG.. I have many clients. One important thing I have learned in 30 years in business.

THEY HAVE TO ENJOY THE RELATIONSHIP!

If they are enjoying the relationship their money keeps flowing and they NEVER look for a replacement.

login Crate  = 5 tokens

First Crate from directive "Reinforcing the front"  Earn 4,000,000 Credits.  = 5 tokens

The first Random crate I see that I am supposed to spend 500 dubs on ( I won't ) = 5 Tokens

I get excited about games pretty easily.  Not feelin' it so much here WG.

Col Out

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 23
  • Boring 2

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles

Just stop buying things.

And stop caring if you get everything.

WoWS is a lot more fun when you stop spending money and stop caring about accumulating everything. FOMO is a big deal.

• Cool 17

Members
3,832 posts
13,788 battles
Just now, enderland07 said:

Just stop buying things.

WoWS is a lot more fun when you stop spending money and stop caring about accumulating everything. FOMO is a big deal.

Bingo!

• Cool 1

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,399 posts
15 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Just stop buying things.

Oh I get it.  Never said that I bought any or planned to,

For us old people......

Did you eat Crackerjack for the Popcorn or the Prize?

It's the Prize that is the fun... no prize,  it's just popcorn.

Col Out

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 7

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
9 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

WG.. I have many clients. One important thing I have learned in 30 years in business.

If they are enjoying the relationship their money keeps flowing and they NEVER look for a replacement.

login Crate  = 5 tokens

First Crate from directive "Reinforcing the front"  Earn 4,000,000 Credits.  = 5 tokens

The first Random crate I see that I am supposed to spend 500 dubs on ( I won't ) = 5 Tokens

Col Out

So stop buying them..?

Gambler's fallacy is a thing.

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,399 posts
5 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

So stop buying them..?

Gambler's fallacy is a thing.

I'm not sure where in my post this has been so misunderstood.

Why do people keep saying don't buy them when I clearly said that I didn't and won't?

• Cool 4

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
1 minute ago, Col_Nasty said:

Why do people keep saying don't buy them when I clearly said that I didn't and won't?

Ok, so don't buy them.

Problem solved.

• Boring 1

[90THB]
Members
452 posts
19 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

login Crate  = 5 tokens

Col Out

I think I am quitting this event... seriously

I got 11+ Crates, I got like 70-75 tokens..

all my other crates have been 5 , 1 got 1 15 I think...  At this point I think I am not even reaching the 300 necessary for the T5... WG, you are p!!!! me off...

I give up...

Regards

JM

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Ain't stressin' nuffin' for rusky cruisers. I might get them, one day... But I'm not power grinding them like I did the Goliath and Venezia. Effort-reward ratio was marginal at best and both those lines had some real stinkers to suffer through. It may be a while before I have the motivation to grind another line.

Edited by thebigblue

Beta Testers
845 posts
13,956 battles

Don't care about the event, problem solved. You will get the ships for free anyway, well the tech tree ones.

And these early access events need to stop, really.

Try giving us some more campaigns or new operations.

• Cool 4

[TRU]
Members
696 posts
20,168 battles
2 minutes ago, AriochIV said:

"Stop caring?" That's your advice to increase enjoyment?

Yes, and it is great advice.  Play to win and still have fun.  

If you wind up getting lucky and grab a bunch of tokens, consider it a BONUS.

Either way you slice it, you will still get something out of it and you do not have to pay a cent.  

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
15,995 battles

Agree, the answer is to stop caring about WG's events.

If I get some tokens they're going towards premium time or signal flags.

Anything else? Do. Not. Care.

Give them nothing. Take from them everything.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
7,226 posts
14,040 battles
31 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I'm far, far past where you are.

I've promised myself I will only start up the game to have fun.  I've accumulated a ton of ships to get that done.

The notion that 'I must do this' is a Sun that set a long time ago.

If I have a lot of time off, and it's raining...   I'll pull up a chair and play a few.

No Premium?  I'll just play a few low tier ships.   When the buzzer goes off on the dryer..  I'm back to laundry.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,699 posts
10,762 battles
51 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Did you eat Crackerjack for the Popcorn or the Prize?

Both.

And I'd eat a whole box of Kix for the Secret Decoder Ring too. :Smile_teethhappy:

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,079 posts
15,102 battles

Yeah not sure why people get in ANY kind of lather over an event that gives you EARLY access to ships that you will get ANYWAYS... and no slight to you Col. as your point about good relations is very valid.

[CVA16]
Members
5,681 posts
17,537 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

Starting to realize this. Grinding too may ships means none gets a decent captain ( and no way am I converting ship XP) 

[CVA16]
Members
5,681 posts
17,537 battles
6 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

Yeah not sure why people get in ANY kind of lather over an event that gives you EARLY access to ships that you will get ANYWAYS.

I'm sure money is a big part of WGs plan but part of it is also to keep all the experienced players from flooding the low tiers if they had to grind up the new line from scratch.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,079 posts
15,102 battles
Just now, Sabot_100 said:

I'm sure money is a big part of WGs plan but part of it is also to keep all the experienced players from flooding the low tiers if they had to grind up the new line from scratch.

umm not following your logic, because the event is open to all players, so there will be less experienced players with shiny new Russian CAs.... and if WG REALLY cared about that, then they would have a battle cap on who can purchase a high tier premium ship....they don't and BINGO, you got in in the third word of your post!!

[CVA16]
Members
5,681 posts
17,537 battles
7 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

umm not following your logic, because the event is open to all players, so there will be less experienced players with shiny new Russian CAs..

If WG just created new lines with no early access/winnable ships, it would mean most of the player population would be starting at T1 or 2 and working up to get the T5 and above. Likely not as many would want to start the new line if it was a basement grind.

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

What is best in life? To play other games besides WoWS, not care about WG's events, and to hear the lamentation of the CV zombies.

• Funny 1

[BB35]
Members
457 posts
13,293 battles

Not worried about it.

On the 2nd Directive I got 8 crates for a whopping 45 credits.

But if you do the math, you WILL GET the premium T5 ship in the end. The Two TECH TREE ships aren't a big deal as you can get those for free anyway. It's not like you have a shot at a high end premium that you HAVE to buy with cash or coal.

It gives you something to do.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,314 posts
1 hour ago, hexeris said:

Try giving us some more campaigns or new operations.

This right here ,WG keeps pumping out more B.S. ship lines for us to play on  the same old maps the same old way. Does anybody remember the last space battles where they had the defend/capture the base mode and you were randomly either the op-for or def-for, that was an engaging mode that i would like to play more.

[PVE]
Members
4,678 posts
20,617 battles
2 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

login Crate  = 5 tokens

Col Out

You are right and those ^^^^ whom just want to throw grenades, ignore them.   I'm pretty sure apathy is why our host "goes on the low road" instead of taking the high road of making an effort to talk to their customers and produce, high quality additions to the game instead of the simplicity of gimmicks and constant ship sales.....  Seems pretty skimpy to me for no reason?  I know they think we as customers are "over valued" so, maybe, this is an attempt to get us to crack into our in-game piggy banks and spend some of that stuff we've been saving....??  Who knows, it just seems cheap.....  Free is good, don't get me wrong, but I'd be impressed more with quality events with quality, they take a real effort,  rewards....  Maybe, we have a different expectation about what "quality" is;...........and, we've dealt with real customers for decades means we've seen what excuses do to customer confidence.....

• Cool 1

[BB35]
Members
457 posts
13,293 battles

I just opened 12 containers and got 60 tokens.

It is what it is...