Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

[Potential Fix] Problems with the opening of the Armory

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,731
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,527 posts
13,901 battles

Commanders!

Some of you may have encountered a problem when trying to enter the Armory. We have prepared a fix to resolve this issue.


If you don’t experience the described problems, you do not need to install this correction.

 If you want to apply this fix now, you should follow this step-by-step guide:

  1. Close the game.
  2. Download the archive Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.4.zip
  3. Unzip the archive (the «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.4» folder) to your WoWs game root folder (the one containing /bin32 /bin64 /screenshot and other subfolders).
  4. Go to the unzipped «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.4» folder.
  5. Launch the file «apply-patch.bat»
  6. Apply changes by typing the number «1» to the window that appears, and press «Enter».
  7. Launch the game as usual.

If this fix doesn't help, please, post to the forum in the corresponding topic or reach out to Customer Support.
If you come across any new issues that appear after you apply this fix, you can roll back changes by launching «apply-pat
сh.bat» again, choosing option «2», pressing «Enter» and then relaunching the game client.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,123
[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,202 battles

Does the somewhat less complicated method of clicking on the CONTAINERS and then clicking on the ARMORY button on that screen still work? Still not super fast but not the perpetual spinning ball either.

Its been a couple of days since I did this. No access to the game right now to test it.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,676
[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
56 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Does the somewhat less complicated method of clicking on the CONTAINERS and then clicking on the ARMORY button on that screen still work? Still not super fast but not the perpetual spinning ball either.

Its been a couple of days since I did this. No access to the game right now to test it.

Yes that still works but this is a 1 time solution that will make the click to the containers screen unnecessary in the future by eliminating that perpetual spinning ball & allow you access to the armory through the actual armory tab.

Which is kind of a bummer for me...I've been farming quite a few +1s by informing others of the container screen option...how will I get my forum karma up now if not by exploiting game mechanic glitches?

(insert naked female karma pictures here)

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[NVRDY]
Members
74 posts
20,617 battles
On 5/18/2020 at 7:44 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Commanders!

Some of you may have encountered a problem when trying to enter the Armory. We have prepared a fix to resolve this issue.


If you don’t experience the described problems, you do not need to install this correction.

 If you want to apply this fix now, you should follow this step-by-step guide:

  1. Close the game.
  2. Download the archive Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.4.zip
  3. Unzip the archive (the «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.4» folder) to your WoWs game root folder (the one containing /bin32 /bin64 /screenshot and other subfolders).
  4. Go to the unzipped «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.4» folder.
  5. Launch the file «apply-patch.bat»
  6. Apply changes by typing the number «1» to the window that appears, and press «Enter».
  7. Launch the game as usual.

If this fix doesn't help, please, post to the forum in the corresponding topic or reach out to Customer Support.
If you come across any new issues that appear after you apply this fix, you can roll back changes by launching «apply-pat
сh.bat» again, choosing option «2», pressing «Enter» and then relaunching the game client.

This is so funny because WG just sent me a serve that froze up and was unable to fill out, what i would like to say is this isnt the only ingame issue but has been around for some time. At this time i rate this game a 4/10 in game sink is very laggy, your cross airs lock on a ship that your not pointed at, the io is very buggy. this game has been this way for a long time and feels like a beta game experience. Maybe it is time to pay a team of competent programmer's to come in and fix the problems at hand, 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,731
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,527 posts
13,901 battles
3 minutes ago, CV_19 said:

This is so funny because WG just sent me a serve that froze up and was unable to fill out, what i would like to say is this isnt the only ingame issue but has been around for some time. At this time i rate this game a 4/10 in game sink is very laggy, your cross airs lock on a ship that your not pointed at, the io is very buggy. this game has been this way for a long time and feels like a beta game experience. Maybe it is time to pay a team of competent programmer's to come in and fix the problems at hand, 

Were you in game and opened the survey which would have opened a browser?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[NVRDY]
Members
74 posts
20,617 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Were you in game and opened the survey which would have opened a browser?

yes

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[NVRDY]
Members
74 posts
20,617 battles
4 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Were you in game and opened the survey which would have opened a browser?

just went back to game, 10 min latter and the serve has now open. this is ridiculous!!!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,731
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,527 posts
13,901 battles
Just now, CV_19 said:

just went back to game, 10 min latter and the serve has now open. this is ridiculous!!!!

So we have seen issues with the game freezing when it tries to open a browser in game, we are working on this.

But it is unrelated to the issue above that is being discussed.

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29
[NVRDY]
Members
74 posts
20,617 battles
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

So we have seen issues with the game freezing when it tries to open a browser in game, we are working on this.

But it is unrelated to the issue above that is being discussed.

-Hapa

well i am have that issue aswell that you discussed and many more that we have had in game for a very long time. thank you for your response and im sure WG will get right on it,

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[KIDOB]
[KIDOB]
Members
61 posts
21,266 battles
On 5/18/2020 at 3:44 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:
  • Close the game.
  • Download the archive Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.4.zip
  • Unzip the archive (the «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.4» folder) to your WoWs game root folder (the one containing /bin32 /bin64 /screenshot and other subfolders).
  • Go to the unzipped «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.4» folder.
  • Launch the file «apply-patch.bat»
  • Apply changes by typing the number «1» to the window that appears, and press «Enter».
  • Launch the game as usual.

you forgot point number one... get a computing degree, 

what a hassle. I hope it gets fixed on the update. 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[TLFD]
Members
4 posts
4,066 battles

After staring at the spinning ball for 5 minutes I got bored and just left the game. Just like yesterday. The armory has been glitched for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
52 posts
7,325 battles
On 5/18/2020 at 12:38 PM, Sabot_100 said:

Does the somewhat less complicated method of clicking on the CONTAINERS and then clicking on the ARMORY button on that screen still work? Still not super fast but not the perpetual spinning ball either.

Its been a couple of days since I did this. No access to the game right now to test it.

This hasn't worked for me, the only thing that has is the access to the armoury outside the game. 

 

https://armory.worldofwarships.com/en/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,123
[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,202 battles
1 hour ago, steve6027 said:

This hasn't worked for me, the only thing that has is the access to the armoury outside the game. 

Lately, even the container route takes a looooong time. It eventually gets there about the time I'm ready to give up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71
[TAC-B]
Beta Testers
180 posts
11,822 battles

Of all odd things, I've had the armory fail to open/hang with a left click, but it seems to open fine every time with a right click.

No patches, no updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10
[CELTS]
Members
41 posts
4,829 battles

I gave up waiting for the armoury to open after 4 minutes, didn't matter which route I took to try and access it.

 

 

Retired Canadian P2 Fire Controlman (NESOP)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
On 5/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, Sabot_100 said:

Does the somewhat less complicated method of clicking on the CONTAINERS and then clicking on the ARMORY button on that screen still work? Still not super fast but not the perpetual spinning ball either.

Its been a couple of days since I did this. No access to the game right now to test it.

A workaround that's been working for me is to press esc when the armory load is stuck; this returns to the port screen when a 2nd try to open the Armory usually works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[KIDOB]
[KIDOB]
Members
61 posts
21,266 battles
On 6/2/2020 at 9:51 PM, VictoryInThePacific said:
Quote

what a hassle. I hope it gets fixed on the update. 

Doubtful, it hasn't been fixed in any of the past few updates.

Then i am not getting that degree in computing to solve this thing. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[ARCO]
Members
833 posts
1,287 battles

Allowing the antivirus to run an exception on several WG archives solves partially the problem, but has to be done after each update.

I hope someday thy solve the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
44 posts
4,002 battles
On 6/1/2020 at 12:40 PM, joel9507 said:

Of all odd things, I've had the armory fail to open/hang with a left click, but it seems to open fine every time with a right click.

No patches, no updates.

Thanks! That usually works for me, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
95 posts
7,653 battles

Applied the patch, it did not fixed the issue!

I found that when the circle thing keeps on spinning, move mouse cursor like crazy shows the armory.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[QNA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
65 posts
10,378 battles
On 5/19/2020 at 2:12 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:

So we have seen issues with the game freezing when it tries to open a browser in game, we are working on this.

But it is unrelated to the issue above that is being discussed.

-Hapa

Actually he's not wrong Hapa, but it's due to how Wargaming has been utilizing the Chromium cef browser for most of the menus and screens in the Port. To test verify yourself, here's the information:

  1. Open your firewall control panel and add a BLOCK on the [cef_browser_package.exe] located in your World of Warships\bin64\cef folder
  2. Shouldn't matter if your game client is already open or not... but try it both ways I might be misremembering
  3. proceed to try to access any of the following: Armory, Personal Inventory, Captains Logbook, In-Game Premium Shop, or even Clan Base.
  4. none of the above will ever load, and I believe the in-game news also fails
  5. Additionally any survey requests that pop up will not minimize the game and open your default Internet browser or a new tab as intended.

 

Unlike the previously mentioned Port sub-menus and/or surveys, the standard match screens all work fine. Randoms/Coop/Scenario/Ranked/whatever all function perfectly normal if the cef_browser is blocked, and all information screens such as holding Space bar for personal ship stats appear as normal.

 

If there's no active events such as the Russian cruisers or subs, the Armory [usually] has far less problems opening... this indicates the problem is specifically connected to the Chromium because ONLY the features utilizing it are affected by super-long loading issues, and/or fail to load at all. Whether it's a firewall problem, spaghetti code from having changed other things over the years, or just plain terrible programming in the first place, there's definitely some form of connection to Chromium.

 

Personally I've been getting Armory to load through one of the following 4 methods, and been recommending the same tricks to anybody who asks the Questions channel for the past 14 months to some degree of success:

  1. ensuring Chromium is not blocked by the firewall
  2. waiting for the spinning icon then moving the mouse
  3. using alt+enter twice to force the game to refresh the Armory does the trick.
  4. running Repair Checks in case of corrupt files

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×