You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, May 15-17 2020

20 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
25,716 posts
19,815 battles

I have a long weekend, so mine's not quite over. Ground through the fourth iteration of "spot 200 torps" for the Strong-Willed campaign and that, with the cruiser money mission also under my belt, unlocked the final task - do 1 million damage. Managed to get half of it done last night, but by that time I'd been at it all day and was all warshipped out. So that will be today's project, and then I'll give higher tiers a break and work on the Skane (I want the improved torpedoes) and the Sinop (I have the B hull researched, about 1/3 of the way to Vladivostok).

In a fit of madness, I bought the modules for Hsienyang (when they were half price, of course) and shifted my Fushun captain up into her. He's PT LS TAE CE, and with a torpedo reload as slow as hers, every bit counts. Ground it out to the longer-range torps to give myself a bit more reach. Bizarrely, I seem to do better in the Asashio than this thing, even though the Hsienyang can torpedo cruisers and the Asashio cannot (nor is she really that much stealthier). Slowly getting the hang of her, though.

Tried to get into the shed to dabble in a couple of other hobbies, but mistakes kept being made and after a while I figured it best to leave that alone.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Members
465 posts
17,808 battles

Finished Directive 1 over the weekend and started Directive 2 this morning.  Worked on the 2nd part in the Strong Willed campaign and got to the final task; slowly working on it.  Opened up 8-10 crates for the russian tokens.  I think I have ~260 at this point. So the Mikoyan should be in my port by next weekend (and it's a 3-day weekend here in the US for Memorial Day).  Still in lockdown here in NJ.

[SRBL]
Members
579 posts
16,216 battles

Got up to Chap in my grind to Mosk. Finished up some of the remaining tasks for mission 1 to collect the rewards. Picked up 4 stars on mission 5 for Jerzy. 

[NG-NL]
Members
6,616 posts
10,993 battles

Hopped on, had stomped teams several times, then MM turned around and had some good games.

Got RB from win on Cleveland and had a merry time hitting a broadside Kremlin from cover. So many BB players don't realize rapid-fire AP volleys hurt!

Finished regrind on Baltimore and got Buffalo.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,343 posts
14,304 battles

CB and NB as usual. Didn’t get to play many randoms but the ones I did play were all good games, no rofl stomps.

have 4 stars on mission 5 of the strong willed campaign and finished directive 1. Was fortunate to get a 300 token drop so I ground out the mikoyan token mission.

about 20k xp away from Oland. Getting close to having the coal for Georgia also which is exciting.

[WOLFH]
Members
1,021 posts
5,047 battles

Currently grinding Roon, all modules researched and now I’m like 1/3 of XP needed to research Hindy.

Got all containers For directive 1 plus the PTS ones for a grand total of 150 tokens (including the tokens on the news articles), but I haven’t got any twitch missions (will change that).

PS: got a little bit salty on Saturday after a string of 6 loses, so on the last game I said “f*** it, I won’t play for the win, I’ll just farm away”, if I’m going to keep kissing then at least I’ll get the most of it... then got my highest damage/kills/etc. and the team got pretty close to a win (it was a close match and I don’t mind loosing those); I’m sure I drove that Alsace nuts cause no matter his efforts combined to those of a FdG were enough to sink me. The FdG broke away and I killed the Alsace, but a Seattle came after me to finish the job, he got me but paid the price dearly and soon after getting me was killed by a BB/CV combined strike.

Edited by CO_Valle

[WOOKY]
[WOOKY]
Members
684 posts
13,624 battles

Sat: 4 losses in the Donk where I finished top 3 or better before I picked up a win. If course got blapped early that match and earned less XP than any of the losses. OK runs in other boats, then a good run in CBs.

Sun: Took my Yugomo out for her maiden runs and had 4 straight losses where I was top 3 (sound familiar) on the 5th match used the A key when I meant to use the D key and drive into a tor p at the 3min mark. Rage quit and did other more productive things around the house.

Earned some more Jerzy stars, only need 3 more and finished the first directive. Got minimal tokens from most crates. Looks like I will be getting the T5 and some flags from this event. Still not tempted to spend on this event.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,516 posts
26,241 battles

State reopened and I received a few Doubloon cards and bought the Bagration.  Great ship - - a tier 8 DM.  Finished stage 1 of the EU campaign finally.  Had stage one of the Russian event done last Monday because it seems a lot like events from 2018 in the "feel of it".....  The Bagration later in the week got me through her portion of the Stage 1 requirement for her in a snap.   I'll play the Bagration till my Russian speaking Hockey player is a 19 pointer (a goal for the near future - and, I didn't realize I had him until I looked in the reserve....)  This week, stage two of the Russian event and grinding two tasks in the EU campaign.  My first "bought" ship and I have some pretty strong mixed feeling on that........I like that ship but, I now see the benefits of pre-release purchases and although I doubt I'll ever spend "real money", it has been fun.    Splash out it is..........

• Cool 2

[A-I-M]
Members
4,118 posts
15,383 battles

Got a very lucky 300-drop of russian event tokens before finishing the first directive. Made me realize the Tallin permacamo was a lock, due to the 105 additional tokens the Mikoyan missions could supply...provided I have the time to grind all the directives.

So, my interest in the russian event went from zero to a high priority.

Grabbed the Mikoyan, and ground the tokens.

The rest of the WoWs weekend was one of unremitting frustration and defeat until last night, with a nice turnaround, even got carried to wins a couple of times, after defeat was nearly locked in.

[WOLF6]
Members
671 posts
11,858 battles

working on the Strong-Willed campaign, and have 2 stars so far. More are coming. All I want is the steel.

Grinding for a Yamato.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,716 posts
19,815 battles
32 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I now see the benefits of pre-release purchases

There's a difference between spending money/dubs on a premium and spending it on a pre-release tech tree ship. I have grave reservations about doing the latter, but the British heavy cruisers represented the best case in this regard; if the first doubloon bundle had been a ship, you were at the very least breaking even because the permacamos were bound to the ships and any of those was worth at least 1000 dubs. But this has been the only time IMHO.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
254 posts
10,590 battles

Played randoms with the Bagration and Ochakov missions using max flags and camo for most of the weekend.

I had been sparingly using my draconic flags since Christmas but decided to burn them after operations nerf.  Clearing around 400,000 captain xp per night so I’ve finished a 19 point captain on Saturday and another Sunday.

Out of Ouroboros flags so my free xp returns are nice but not as impressive. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,302 posts
18,894 battles

Well for me since we are in a pre release event I use these to take a break. Made some progress on the first directive and the current campaign. playing casually. Played a lot of Black Desert. I will likely be more active when the Sub battles mode starts up and I will be fully engaged when the Dockyard event starts.

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles

Finally got my groove back after being gone for most of the last six months. Had a surprisingly large number of bad games early last week after a break but am feeling better again.

I think I even enjoyed the game over the weekend too, which is surprising.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,716 posts
19,815 battles

Not long after starting this thread, I looked at my Sinop with 41,000 XP or so on it and thought to myself, "You know what? Let's go for it."

I had the day off, it was wet and miserable outside, and I could think of nothing better to do.

So after grabbing the Skane's B torpedoes in the morning (12km, 80kt cotton-balls), I sat down after lunch and went to it.

I unlocked and purchased the Vladivostok this evening.

Dear God, what a day! :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,916 posts
9,444 battles

Bought Ochakov, spent three days experiencing crippling regret. Mostly got dumpstered this weekend, decided to stop caring about winning and just started playing for my own entertainment. Good for my blood pressure, bad for my win rate. 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,716 posts
19,815 battles
11 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Mostly got dumpstered this weekend, decided to stop caring about winning and just started playing for my own entertainment. Good for my blood pressure, bad for my win rate. 

Tier 8 premiums should be OK for credit economy to run in co-op if you do well. Chill, beat up bots for a bit, get more accustomed to your ship and then try Randoms again.

[SIM]
Members
5,916 posts
9,444 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Tier 8 premiums should be OK for credit economy to run in co-op if you do well. Chill, beat up bots for a bit, get more accustomed to your ship and then try Randoms again.

Fair advice, and I appreciate it. My problem is less with my ship and more with being out of sorts with my teams. The Ochakov being a ship that’s incredibly team-dependent makes that fact super duper extra painful. 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,716 posts
19,815 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

My problem is less with my ship and more with being out of sorts with my teams.

The fail of some of my teams today had me in tears. I found it difficult to believe that people who had ground all the way up to Tier 8 or even 9 could be such incredible dunces as some of these guys were. Sinop is a brute when she's at her best, but when she has to go up against T9 BBs that can outrange her even stock and/or ignore her armour as if it's hardly there, there is no "carry"; there is only "scream, burn and die".

Not even being able to turn away because you know from a brief early spot there are two FDGs in front of you, well beyond your main battery range, and your citadel is a glass jaw if the enemy CV or a destroyer spots you for them, does not make for happy fun times.