Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Toxygene

Sunday Evening Games

6 comments in this topic

[O2]
Members
226 posts

I don't get it. Why is it that Sunday evening games are plagued with so many defeats - like 8 out of 10 games are defeats for me tonight. Fighting like a lion, only to see my team melt away. This is a losing streak but it's also a regular recurring theme on Sundays (maybe Saturdays too now that I think about it..._). Rest of the week it's much more balanced. Wouldn't inexperienced and more experienced players be evenly distributed on teams? Mystery.

Edited by Toxygene
Typo

[5D]
Members
1,064 posts
13,533 battles

i ahd 7 games 7 wins in a row with 3k pr and 150k+ average DMG ....

Members
2,773 posts
36,481 battles

It depends on the time slot of Saturday or Sunday. To put in perspective, most typically don't work because of, but maybe nursing a hangover since date nights we're cancelled. So drinking alcohol is no longer exclusion to happy hour.

You have players slightly pickled, some baked, some half baked, and maybe a few that are genuine Potatoes.

The potato player might capitalize on weekends due to this odd dynamic.

The problem is too many online on weekends. Best times is wee hours of the morning.

There is a difference between drink, drank, drunk, and staggering like a pirate.

Pray Netflix Never crashes.

Members
1,660 posts

I don't know that I'd say it is the weekend player per se that is to blame.  At least the skill of said player directly.

What I think makes the difference is the types and numbers of ships brought to the game.  From my anecdotal experience and informal observation, there seems to be a different balance of ships on the weekend.  More DDs, more CVs, and this change in balance requires a change in tactics and game play that the more consistent player might not be prepared for.  If you're used to fighting against one CV, four BBs, four cruisers, and three DDs, you habits and tactics will develop for that and work effectively.  If that mix changes to two CVs, two BBs, four cruisers, and four DDs, those same tactics might not be as effective.

Yes, player skill is part of it, but if your tactics don't adapt to the battle you face instead of the battle you're used to, you might be in trouble.  It is more difficult to carry a team if you're pulling to the east and they're all going west.  And sometimes, well, it is all just trying to herd cats...

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,587 posts
19,526 battles
8 hours ago, Toxygene said:

I don't get it. Why is it that Sunday evening games are plagued with so many defeats - like 8 out of 10 games are defeats for me tonight. Fighting like a lion, only to see my team melt away. This is a losing streak but it's also a regular recurring theme on Sundays (maybe Saturdays too now that I think about it..._). Rest of the week it's much more balanced. Wouldn't inexperienced and more experienced players be evenly distributed on teams? Mystery.

Yeah definitely not exclusive to Sundays...it is a fact of this game and we just need to accept it.

brutal night.JPG

awsumm2.JPG

friday.JPG

good night.JPG

saturday.JPG

streak.JPG

yesterday.JPG

[SALVO]
Members
4,322 posts
3,760 battles
13 hours ago, Toxygene said:

I get the same phenomenon usually. I´m blaming desync, high ping, lag or whatever reason related with high internet traffic, poorish ISP and/or maybe  server heavy load. The result is my shots just land for no damage and I can´t land an accurate shot with flight times above 6-7 seconds. Also, and this is only anecdotal, I see I'm often dumped togheter with people from areas with presumably high ping and probably the same problems I have. Pool half a team with my performance issue and is a recipe for a stomp. I'm trying not to play peak time anymore, it is almost always bad.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this