Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
motaz87

why???

14 comments in this topic

[NET]
Beta Testers
541 posts
5,528 battles

why do the powers that be feel the need for five tier 8 russian cruisers, three tier 9s and 5 tier 10s. no other nations come close. this makes no sense to me. they did the same thing in world of tanks. yet we have many historical ships not in game. 

• Boring 4

Members
113 posts
3,177 battles

Unless I am utterly misinformed, the developers are... Russian? I mean yeah it’s historically silly, but it’s their game. When an American or European game developer makes something as much fun as this and more historically accurate, well dasvidaniya WG, but until then... all ahead flank. I mean, Full. 

• Cool 3

[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,186 battles
17 minutes ago, sirwill1972 said:

Unless I am utterly misinformed, the developers are... Russian? I mean yeah it’s historically silly, but it’s their game. When an American or European game developer makes something as much fun as this and more historically accurate, well dasvidaniya WG, but until then... all ahead flank. I mean, Full. 

Like it or not, pretty much this.

Members
1,660 posts
28 minutes ago, sirwill1972 said:

I think Russians, or the RU server at least, is the largeat customer base as well, isn't it.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,520 posts

It's a Russian based company.  I can't imagine why that would be. 

Video games made in the US, never feature US based military vehicles and equipment for the "hero" of the game at all.

• Funny 1

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,833 battles

I think there's actually several pieces to the answer.

1.  Yes, the developers are Russian, and they probably have a bit of Russian bias.

2.  Events in Russian history.  The Russian revolution pretty much stalled most shipbuilding.  Then came WWII, and Russia was invaded, by LAND.  A navy was secondary for them.  They desperately needed every tank and artillery piece they could get their hands on.  On the scale of practical priorities, shipbuilding was WAY down at the bottom.  The Russian navy that actually existed simply doesn't provide enough ship classes to fill the game's 10-tier system.

3.  And because they are Russian, they have relatively easy access to Russian archives full of designs for ships that were planned, or at least thought about after WWII, but were never built.

4.  There's a large player base in Russia, and they like Russian ships., 

5.  There's a portion of the player base that demands a constant supply of new ships.  The supply of historical ship classes is limited.  So, to satisfy those players, they use designs that were never built, or even just make up "what-if" ships.

• Cool 2

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

I don't think anyone would really care, if it weren't for the fact that Russian cruisers seem to be as good or better than everyone at almost everything.  Just like the Russian BBs....it seems they take notes from all the preceding ship lines about what works, and roll them into the russian line.  Not sure how the DDs got missed.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,135 posts
5,005 battles
34 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

And because they are Russian, they have relatively easy access to Russian archives full of designs for ships that were planned, or at least thought about after WWII, but were never built.

I believe it is very much this. I recall it was brought up heavily during the new Soviet CA reveal stream. Of course all the other factors come into play, but if you were going to make a game, wouldn't you want to push out the content you knew more/a lot about?

[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,550 battles

The current path of ideas of the DEVs only reflect the current path of the game...

• Non- realistic
    • Its not a sim, and its a departure from their "historical" description.
  • Disproportionate in game play
  • Over powered prodects...
  • Non fun or an increase in frustration elements in game

These elements have doomed past gaming MMO titles.

When a platform ceases to grow, then its "maintaining." Now is WOWS having trouble maintaining since its no longer growing ??? That is the question with multiple answers depending on one's POV.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,212 posts
5,672 battles

Oink!

Wargaming is originally a Belarusian company and Lesta studios, the developers, are based in St Petersburg. However, I start to be tired to see all those Soviet paper ships. Benito Mussolini, Il Duce`s Regia Marina isn't complete at all.

I also proposed to see paper ships bearing the name of illustrious players like, for example, Franz von Goltz. A TX CV, double hull, Me 262 Rockettenbombenzerströrerflugzeug, Ho 229 Torpedobombenflugzeug and Ar 234 Karpettenbombenflugzeug. Name could be, mmmhhh... simply, "The Goltz".

Anyway, Schwein,

Russian company, Soviet ships.

Oink Goltz

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, motaz87 said:

why do the powers that be feel the need for five tier 8 russian cruisers, three tier 9s and 5 tier 10s. no other nations come close. this makes no sense to me. they did the same thing in world of tanks. yet we have many historical ships not in game. 

They can't just add ships w/out proper authorization/permission...believe it or not some of those ships have patents on their names (or other ownership type situations...patents is just the closest equivalent term I could come up w/on the spot) & even for the ones that don't it would be disrespectful to just put them into the game w/out permission (especially as per the premiums part of the sales proceeds go to the veterans of the nations those ships came from).

As per why so many RU ships...being based in St Petersburg Russia guess which nation they have the easiest access to getting "patent" permissions from.

[INTEL]
Members
13,056 posts
36,014 battles
22 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

They can't just add ships w/out proper authorization/permission...believe it or not some of those ships have patents on their names (or other ownership type situations...patents is just the closest equivalent term I could come up w/on the spot) & even for the ones that don't it would be disrespectful to just put them into the game w/out permission (especially as per the premiums part of the sales proceeds go to the veterans of the nations those ships came from).

As per why so many RU ships...being based in St Petersburg Russia guess which nation they have the easiest access to getting "patent" permissions from.

Whoa. This I did not know. Thanks.

Members
323 posts
2,954 battles

Too much paper [edited] to put into the game... If only they had Tillman in the game.

Members
323 posts
2,954 battles
4 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

I think Russians, or the RU server at least, is the largeat customer base as well, isn't it.

According to my source, it's EU, RU, SEA, NA

Sign in to follow this