You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IHateWoWS_Ret_Playerbase

Private replay analysis

5 comments in this topic

Members
1,009 posts
8,357 battles

I will be starting to offer replay analysis for those who wish to improve their gameplay. You can send me your replays, and I will go through it and respond with specific screenshots of where you could have done something better.

The goal is to help the newer players or any player wishing to learn and get better. Send in your replays where you are struggling with a ship line, want to increase a specific stat, clan battles ( upto gale league. Storm clans and above should know what they are doing) losing close battles, or even if you died early and want to know the reason. You can send me your replay in direct messages and I will respond to you likewise. No one else needs to know.

You can send me your replays on discord. My ID is Kashif#7488. If you don't use discord then you can direct message me on the forums and attach the replay file.

How to find replay file: Find your folder where world of warships has been installed. A replay folder will be present in the world of warships NA folder. Open it and you will find your 30 most recent replays. Find the ship that you want to send the replay for and send it over to me for feedback.

This is to help the newer players and replays of good players just farming damage, or asking how to farm more will not be entertained. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,627 posts

That's nice of you. Hopefully some newer players will take advantage of your kind offer.

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,884 battles
3 hours ago, LookUpAndDodge said:

Storm clans and above should know what they are doing

We typically finished in the upper half of storm back when we had more active players online. We're clawing to storm relegation right now but keep getting stuck in gale group 1 because we can't find a good comp to counter the 2-4 Venezia and Hakuryu teams we constantly have to deal with. We ourselves only have 2 guys that have and or know how to play venezia and we have a decent midway player but not a good Hak player. At the start of the season we had a lot of success using 3 Stalingrad to force one flank while holding 1 other cap. But now that we're where we're at , they either just get deleted by AP bombs or taken out with SAP. We've tried a lot of different things including using a Kremlin instead of a CV to soak up damage, but nothing is giving consistent results. Any ideas?   

Members
1,009 posts
8,357 battles
11 minutes ago, admiralsexybeast said:

We typically finished in the upper half of storm back when we had more active players online. We're clawing to storm relegation right now but keep getting stuck in gale group 1 because we can't find a good comp to counter the 2-4 Venezia and Hakuryu teams we constantly have to deal with. We ourselves only have 2 guys that have and or know how to play venezia and we have a decent midway player but not a good Hak player. At the start of the season we had a lot of success using 3 Stalingrad to force one flank while holding 1 other cap. But now that we're where we're at , they either just get deleted by AP bombs or taken out with SAP. We've tried a lot of different things including using a Kremlin instead of a CV to soak up damage, but nothing is giving consistent results. Any ideas?   

you can send me some replays of your clan battles and I can tell you about your strat. without looking at anything I can't really help. It may be a lot of things happening based on your strat, player ability, inability to read the game of what the enemy is doing and adjusting your position based on it. As for CV, well you really cant do anything about it because CV's are fun and engaging. The only way to counter it by stacking a bunch of ships together and hopefully pray for enough plane losses that he wont have reserves to attack or switch to a venezia comp as they are more agile and less susceptible to plane rng while dealing damage too

Members
1,009 posts
8,357 battles

When someone sends a replay you can expect an analysis like this. I will give you a play by play analysis and what you could have done in that scenario better that would help you survive and help the team win

First Image: Firstly lets take a look at the score board and identify the ships that pose the biggest threat to you. Non of the battleships are really a threat as you are not prone to eating bb AP penetrations, just beware of the bismarcks hydro. Cruiser wise the Neptune, Kron and Cleveland have the potential to seriously hurt you so be wary of them. DD wise yugumo can keep you spotted so that is a threat1.png.b005cdfecb830fd06dd582bc465c75ad.png

Second Image: You are pushing into the cap a little bit too aggressively, best play here is to do some spotting see what ships are at this cap and then make your move from there. Contesting caps early game is a good way to die or lose a lot of HP.2.png.141134865faeb261bc57a7361048a332.png

Third Image: 6km away from a Neptune and you decide to open up? Very bad play, especially when there are 3 other ships that can easily take pot shots at you. The HE damage you do to him is negligible due to his improved heal, keep him spotted and let your kroon/musashi deal with him. You’re very lucky to get away from that engagement with no health lost.3.png.2335936c48771ad66505f0169487c76b.png

Fourth Image: These torp salvos would have been put to much better use against the Iowa/Kronshdat4.png.0741e2c247ffeb3dea266c85efffe795.png

Fifth Image: Here you should have stealthed up, capped and then continued to farm. UR getting a bit greedy here. This game still isn’t won. At this point you exit the cap and get tunnel visioned on the iowa, just launch torps at him and cap in silence. You are guns free after the cap is in your control. There is no reason why that cap shouldn’t be green.5.png.4ed88f0bc965a1f714690d6b459b1964.png

Sixth Image: Really don’t understand why you came all the way over here. You could have stayed on A, smoked up and farmed the iowa from there as you were capping. Not to mention these torps were just [edited] torps. Plus being sub 5 km from a bb is not where you wanna be6.png.f11753245ca45ee8fbc03354d73d0cef.png

Seventh Image: 9 minutes left in the game and the cap is finally green. This should have happened atleast 6-7 minutes ago7.png.d343e36c7e245794860166ffda7210e9.png

Eight Image: This is a waste of a smoke screen, you should have justed gunned him down in the open as you kite away from him. much easier to dodge shells as you kite away  8.png.14cce284974464707f8a8c321bc5a6a7.png

Ninth Image: You have A theres no reason to sit on top of it, you should have been moving away from the kronshdat. By staying still you made it very easy for him to hit you. 9.png.486abb5f87ebed2b83409a4d27c93039.png

Edited by LookUpAndDodge
fixed the images