Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

MS with your secondary build or nah?

6 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,615 posts
10,993 battles

Curiosity prompted this thread.

Anyway, most all my secondary build captains to date include MS. Without the accuracy, it's a waste of valuable SP. Tirpitz/Bismarck/GK/Gneisenau bore this out pretty well. Not as much action on it, but my Montana's 9.8km (forget exact range) secondaries do their job scaring off the DDs.

Of course, any BB below T8 doesn't get as much accuracy buff, so my PEF captain doesn't have it.

Now, GK's survival/secondary. No AFT, just secondary mod in slot 2 and MS. Don't get within 12km of reds much without exploding, so compromised.

Debating if MS is necessary on Georgia. Even at the 11.5km range she doesn't get much action and more than once an unexpected DD pops up and vanishes before I could click it, so dropped MS for CE (yes, I was fat-headed at the time haha).

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,550 posts

Secondaries are not the most efficient build, sadly.  If you are going to do them though (and I do), you have to go all in to get anything out of them.  Half measures don't work well and I consider MS a requirement.

If you are not getting your secondaries into action on the fastest BB in the game, you need to change your play style, so that you do.  You can't yolo in to the center right from the start, but if you spent the skills on secondaries, it's up to you to get close enough to something,  so they can go to work for you.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,781 posts
11 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Debating if MS is necessary on Georgia. Even at the 11.5km range she doesn't get much action and more than once an unexpected DD pops up and vanishes before I could click it, so dropped MS for CE (yes, I was fat-headed at the time haha).

With the Massachusetts, manual secondaries are highly desired. I did several tests in the training room and found that the ship you were firing at sank much more quickly with manual secondaries. Also, an analysis of the dispersion showed that without manual secondaries many of the shots fell outside the ship the secondaries were firing at and the smaller the ship, the more shots fell outside it. Manual secondaries are a must when targeting DDs. 

Secondaries without manual fire control.

gif-family-guy-deleted-330586.gif&key=fd

That said, the Georgia is a different ship, a fast flanker rather than an in-close brawler. However, I still use my Massachusetts' captain on it because when I do find a DD I want to get as many shells on it as I can.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[V_V_V]
Members
1,181 posts
18,591 battles
48 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Secondaries are not the most efficient build, sadly.  If you are going to do them though (and I do), you have to go all in to get anything out of them.  Half measures don't work well and I consider MS a requirement.

If you are not getting your secondaries into action on the fastest BB in the game, you need to change your play style, so that you do.  You can't yolo in to the center right from the start, but if you spent the skills on secondaries, it's up to you to get close enough to something,  so they can go to work for you.

This ^.

For GA I run Ovechkin with PT, EM, AR, BFT, S, MS, AFT with SM and MYS signals standard.  Be assertive and prepared for surprises.  LWM's Review addresses MS for GA.

Edited by Charon2018
Add text

[HINON]
Members
9,254 posts
13,961 battles

ive been told that the US BBs with good secondaries dont need MS because of the baked in accuracy buff they have, but for French and German BBs, i think its good to have

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,268 posts
27,038 battles

Secondary Builds require dedication in points, upgrades.  A post I had a while back showcasing the accuracy of secondaries with and without Manual Secondaries trait.  It's a pretty big difference, IMO.

On 8/26/2018 at 7:21 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

IMO, if you're serious at all on implementing a Secondaries Build on a BB, Manual Secondaries is very important for more hits in a shorter amount of time.  Massachusetts has a lot of built in accuracy in her Secondaries and I have not tried her yet without Manual Secondaries.  But German BBs?  Got Secondary Builds all over the place with them.

Here is my Tirpitz with BFT, AFT traits, no Manual Secondaries trait.  SBM2 upgrade is installed.

2fk1d4B.jpg

Look at that terrible scatter.

Here is the same Tirpitz build, but this time with my GK captain who has a Manual Secondaries trait.

kgQbY12.jpg

That's what I want to see.  Tighter scatter, more hits.

And that's against a BB sized target.  With Manual Secondaries you get more hits even further out.  The only time not having Manual Secondaries becomes irrelevant is when the threat is in super close ranges.  Like, "That Destroyer is so close that the captain could jump from his rails and climb aboard my ship" kind of close.

Without the trait it's going to take you longer to rack up hits you need against someone.

If you're skittish about dedicating your build for Secondaries then don't bother.  Secondary Builds aren't so great with half-measures.

Sign in to follow this