You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

29 comments in this topic

[ANKER]
Members
246 posts
4,930 battles

WG can we have more  Report points pls...Im running out a lot this days...Compliment is good but its enough..Report points are needed thank u.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,581 posts
15,693 battles

The amount of reports / compliments is based upon how much karma you have. It’s been posted before what the ratio is. I can’t remember exactly what it is off the top of my head. Basically more karma, more votes.

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
457 posts
20,239 battles

Speaking of Karma I just broke 200 this morning.  You max out on points to give at around 100 when you get 11 of each.

903684486_Screenshot(11).png.e38143c7c5c2bd1567c785a53afbddc9.png

• Cool 3

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,581 posts
15,693 battles

I am flattered when I get a upvote. Depending on circumstances and how the game went on reaction to down votes. The current reward for more karma is more votes. There was a instance not to long after I joined warships where some free camo was given for getting karma. I haven’t seen it since. The free camo was appreciated but, I do realize that karma can be gamed. So wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see that again.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Cool 1

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,768 battles

Karma is really just pointless. 

People report you for doing bad, for being the number one a losing team, for not doing what they say even if it's wrong, for playing certian ships they dont like, and the list goes on. 

Sometimes you get upvotes for playing well or being cool in chat. That's not even all the time. 

I dont think most people even bother to pay attention to so even if you report some for yolo rushing at 18.5 minute mark it doesnt change their game play. 

Members
969 posts
4,025 battles
11 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Karma is really just pointless. 

People report you for doing bad, for being the number one a losing team, for not doing what they say even if it's wrong, for playing certian ships they dont like, and the list goes on. 

Sometimes you get upvotes for playing well or being cool in chat. That's not even all the time. 

I dont think most people even bother to pay attention to so even if you report some for yolo rushing at 18.5 minute mark it doesnt change their game play. 

I got downvoted for killing a Scharnhorst with my Mainz....

[USMC-]
Members
290 posts
8,082 battles

I think i will see how long it takes to blow all 43 karma points I have left. I was up to 60 but there seems to be alot of negativity out there lately.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts
3 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

lol people can be soo petty

1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I am flattered when I get a upvote.

yeah seems rare but i don't give them out so fairs fair  :Smile-_tongue:

[LOSC]
Members
579 posts

I stay at zero because every time a CV Rockets me to death I post ... "Please Ban CV's".

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,630 posts
2 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

Speaking of Karma I just broke 200 this morning.  You max out on points to give at around 100 when you get 11 of each.

LOL, I have 3 Karma after 11,000 games.

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

I normally use up all 22 of my compliments/reports if I play many games at all.

Members
1,660 posts
3 hours ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

WG can we have more  Report points pls...Im running out a lot this days...Compliment is good but its enough..Report points are needed thank u.

Very ironic and made me chuckle, thank you!

You do realize giving reports would be "bad" karma, correct?  Not in the game mechanic specifically, but in general.  Karama is all about reaping what you sow, getting back what you give.

In game, I wish I had more compliments to give and try to give all I can each day.

• Cool 1

Members
1,660 posts
1 hour ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Must be something about Scharnhorst players. I was cursed at and, I assume, reported by one today.  He drove into an island and ended up eating several torps because of his immobility.  I didn't sink him with torps, but he was left with 1200 health and lasted about 15 seconds longer.  This was about 5 minutea into the battle.  He spent the rest of the battle dropping F bombs on me and questioning the quality and legitimacy of my lineage.  I never responded, but after the battle, my Karma dropped a point.

[WOLF4]
Members
382 posts
17,050 battles
1 minute ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Must be something about Scharnhorst players. I was cursed at and, I assume, reported by one today.  He drove into an island and ended up eating several torps because of his immobility.  I didn't sink him with torps, but he was left with 1200 health and lasted about 15 seconds longer.  This was about 5 minutea into the battle.  He spent the rest of the battle dropping F bombs on me and questioning the quality and legitimacy of my lineage.  I never responded, but after the battle, my Karma dropped a point.

I like your first post the positive context.

Yah I also think Karma is a tool just to make salty players feel better.

• Cool 2

Members
1,660 posts
3 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I am flattered when I get a upvote. Depending on circumstances and how the game went on reaction to down votes. The current reward for more karma is more votes. There was a instance not to long after I joined warships where some free camo was given for getting karma. I haven’t seen it since. The free camo was appreciated but, I do realize that karma can be gamed. So wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see that again.

I've always felt that karma should be its own reward.  Being pleasant and positive simply for the sake if being pleasant and positive.

Good manners and civility, mixed with a little humor, can make the world a better place.  I know I'd rather be remembered for being pleasant than showing what a jerk I can be.  And trust me, i have plenty of jerk moments.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,885 posts
17,933 battles

I would encourage folks to give more plus Karma than negative Karma.  I've found a ratio of about ten to one to be pretty good, but not a hard and fast rule.  Sometimes, when someone does something really stupid in high tier and loses us the game...yeah...that will get me in salt mode.

But in general, I'm looking for the good play...or simply good manners.

Also, T4 and below get a pass.  I'll plus 'em.  Only give negative for very egregious (intentional team kills or over the top chat); few and far between.  Never give bad karma to poor play at T4 and below.

T5 is transition tiers.  When I get salty, I might give negative, but try hard to not do it.

T6 and above is fair game.

Still...work on giving a lot more positive than negative.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 2

Members
158 posts
8,285 battles

I started running MatchMaker Monitor a few weeks ago. The most surprising thing I learned is how many players have zero karma. It must be at least 75% of the player base with zero karma, maybe even more. So, if you give someone negative karma the majority of the time they will not even know it.

[NEMO]
Members
711 posts
2,100 battles

If I do save somebody from certain death all I  ever get is " you stole my kill" , I thought it was a team where you were supposed to help each other, not a stat grabbing one one one game

[WOLF4]
Members
878 posts
11,912 battles

Ha ha - the trending of my karma is directly related to whether I am chat banned, or not.

Have been up to a hundred, a little more than a year and a half ago - but it's dropped off rapidly since the CV rework (I like to play DDs).  Now hovering around 35.  It'll go up to mid to high forties during a ban, and down to low thirties when the ban gets lifted!

Come to think of it - I'd never had a chat ban before the CV rework, either.  Just started my fourth yesterday - ha ha!

I need to edit my avatar wording "I was a victim of the careless CV rework".

[IRNBN]
Members
3,372 posts
9,776 battles
On 5/17/2020 at 12:51 PM, cthuhulu said:

I think i will see how long it takes to blow all 43 karma points I have left. I was up to 60 but there seems to be alot of negativity out there lately.

Play a Pork-o Reek-o if you have one. Can confirm it's the best damn karma destroyer in the game, hands down. :Smile_teethhappy:

[HARU]
Beta Testers
98 posts
6,067 battles

I don't know... my Atlanta gets me down votes all the time(especially from DD or BB platoons)

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
880 posts
5,907 battles
On 5/17/2020 at 10:30 AM, neptunes_wrath said:

dkl6XRG.jpg

Exactly. I had 30...now 10 totally from players who automatically give negative Karma whenever they see a CV. It's totally pointless and always has been.

[GT3]
Members
152 posts
6,230 battles

Ive begun to suspect that higher karma lets u mount more signals now.. I can mount 21.. My friends can only mount 14... Just a theory feel free to investigate... If its not karma then what?