You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
macktkau2

Why do I even play this stupid game?

51 comments in this topic

Members
829 posts
4,679 battles

What a joke of a game, complete waste of my time. I had one intelligent player on my team and we were the only ships left with the entire enemy team still alive.

My flank collapsed immediately when every other ship on it ran away to the other side of the map, leaving me to get pummelled until I got out of range, the other side couldn't even manage a single kill, the Benson and a few other ships rushed mid like they were on a Dust 2 Deathmatch server and then got massacred by focused fire from both flanks when the enemy moved to defend their base. I had SEVEN ships aimed at me towards the enemy of the game.

fail.thumb.png.32aa77184064abe31d8dc82ebc740e91.png

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[TIGRB]
Members
309 posts
1,243 battles

Sir. remember, Your going to be on teams that roll over other teams also. In this game MM is very much luck of the draw it seems. It can be very frustrating make you very upset. Switch to an operation after a game like that or pause for 10 minutes and try again. My first game yesterday was Horrible! Just terrible players who obviously thought they were going to die for real in a video game. I wanted to scream at the screen. I wanted an explanation from each player on my team why they were playing the way they were. Needless to say Your not going to get a reason even if you ask so don't. Next game I played a tier 5 DD and pleaded with my team to support me in a cap. To my surprise my team mates came rushing over to help and we smooshed all the enemy ships on my cap side and rolled over them

So it happens other way round. Take heart, try as hard as you can and enjoy YOUR play. Be a good team mate when you can and have fun.:Smile_great:

Edited by HeidiAngel
misspelling
  • Cool 2

Members
814 posts
5,663 battles

I dont buy it. You were the most powerful ship in that entire battle. I'm thinking you made some mistakes and are blaming your team. You could have carried that. 

• Funny 3
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 4

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,202 posts
5,588 battles
27 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

What a joke of a game, complete waste of my time. I had one intelligent player on my team and we were the only ships left with the entire enemy team still alive.

My flank collapsed immediately when every other ship on it ran away to the other side of the map, leaving me to get pummelled until I got out of range, the other side couldn't even manage a single kill, the Benson and a few other ships rushed mid like they were on a Dust 2 Deathmatch server and then got massacred by focused fire from both flanks when the enemy moved to defend their base. I had SEVEN ships aimed at me towards the enemy of the game.

Oink! 

Uninstalling the game is the solution.

Goltz

• Funny 2
  • Boring 3

[POP]
Members
2,840 posts
22,716 battles
39 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

So it was something like this 

Death Race (9/12) Movie CLIP - The Dreadnought (2008) HD on Make a GIF

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
803 posts
9,643 battles

Looks like the entire losing team didn’t play well based on the very low xp. Steam rolls happen but I think people over dramatize them. I don’t see nearly the amount of these matches as people claim but maybe everyone has a different opinion of “steam roll “

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles

That is what happens when high tier BBs fail to do anything productive...

BB fail... Dont expect the other ship classes will carry the BB dead weight..*NEWSFLASH* They cant...

Its the high tier meta.. BBs fail= Automatic loss...

• Funny 1
  • Boring 5

[ANKER]
Members
230 posts
4,839 battles
1 hour ago, macktkau2 said:

simple answer bud..since CBT the MM is balance they said..its not the players ( BUT if you check all of your team stats youll find majority of them are 48% below and if you check the other team they have majority of 50% above) So i think the MM is just like that Random.......your team is the lamb..to get slaughter period.We dont have a Skill based MM so yeah you will always get a chance to play with players who are clueless . Stay positive :cap_win:

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

I love how people seem to twist certain game elements around to make themselves look good.

Being alive at the end does not always mean you played well.  Getting kills does not always mean you played well.  Doing lots of damage does not always mean you played well.

On the flip side, doing low damage, dying first, or getting no kills does not always mean you played poorly either.  

With those low xp points even in a loss, with the addition that everyone died.....the entire team folded like a cheap lawn chair.  There is likely plenty of blame to go around.

Members
814 posts
5,663 battles
43 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I love how people seem to twist certain game elements around to make themselves look good.

Being alive at the end does not always mean you played well.  Getting kills does not always mean you played well.  Doing lots of damage does not always mean you played well.

On the flip side, doing low damage, dying first, or getting no kills does not always mean you played poorly either.  

With those low xp points even in a loss, with the addition that everyone died.....the entire team folded like a cheap lawn chair.  There is likely plenty of blame to go around.

This is a really bad post. Kills, dmg output, & survival all are key to success in this game and are direct indicators of how well or poorly one did in battle.

This sounds more like excuse making for your own bad play at times.  

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
1 minute ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

This is a really bad post. Kills, dmg output, & survival all are key to success in this game and are direct indicators of how well or poorly one did in battle.

It's sort of correct.

Those things matter but the order matters too.

A lot of players with decent damage/kills end up doing them because they sit in back until the game is decided then when the enemy team is clearly winning, they either charge in and pick up damage or the red team suicides trying to get more damage.

Realistically, kills/damage in the early stages of a game are what are the biggest impact on success. Every minute of gametime minimizes the importance of either.

[TRU]
Members
596 posts
18,092 battles
2 hours ago, macktkau2 said:

Yesterday I broke even on wins and losses, but it did not feel like it.  In one game in my Hindenburg, our Shima and Gearing got radared.  Gunfire ended the shima and the gearing got spooked and smoked up eating a torpedo that ended him.  Their DDs then moved into the fresh smoke while keeping myself and the BBs lit.  I looked at the other side of the map and our team was doing even worse.  

It felt like the mercy rule kicked in like little league baseball.  

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

BB fail... Dont expect the other ship classes will carry the BB dead weight..*NEWSFLASH* They cant...

Well the winning team steamed rolled them with 5 cruisers out of the top 6 leading the way carrying the other classes so sorry it can happen and it did happen . One BB on winning team team played good .

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
12 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

The idea is that there are a lot more aspects to this game than those things.

You can have a huge damage score but if you didnt play the objectives at all, sat in the back and farmed damage all game...did you really play well?  If you scored 3 kills but failed to reset the cap because there was a low health cruiser on the other side if the map that you wanted to blap....did you really play well?

Again on the flip side, if you used your radar well, defended caps or got caps but didnt do much damage, didnt get any kills and died halfway through the game on a lucky enemy radar....did you play poorly?

Taken out of context, a 200k damage 3 kill game where you survived till the end sounds like you are awesome.  Then you watch the replay and it's a Montana who sat in the back and didnt support the team, damage farmed the entire game, and got a few late kills when the game was all but over and the team yoloed at him.  

It's about context.  People that think that damage, kills and surviving are all it takes the be awesome are the ones causing a LOT of the problems these days.  These are the ones camping in the back, huddled with the team, thinking if they can just get a little more damage, or a kill, or stay alive.....they will win the game when in fact, the games already over.

It's the save a star mentality, just without the star.  In the top xp so I wasnt the problem....

I'm not saying damage, kills and survival don't matter.  They are vital...but it is how, when and why you do that damage, get that kill, stay alive that matters more. 

[WW2]
Members
335 posts
6,765 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Correct. One reason I don't play. Bb, I prefer cruiser. Because if in a bb you don't do some serious damage early you are costing your team. I prefer to kite, its the most fun for me personally. 

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,572 posts
15,619 battles

Your entire team got rolled. It happens to everybody eventually. The very first game in my Naval Battle attempt was a lolistomp. It happens. To quote Jingles “Mistakes was made”. The best thing a person can do is reflect and see what they did wrong. Might not have changed it to a win but might have gained more BXP. Plus, just shake it off.

If your really steamed over it, just walk away. Playing tilted is counterproductive. You may end up doing the exact opposite of what you did in the previous game to the extreme. Extreme aggressive sometimes ends up in yolocide. Extreme passive ends up as a virtual afk.

Better luck next time.

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
21 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Well the winning team steamed rolled them with 5 cruisers out of the top 6 leading the way carrying the other classes so sorry it can happen and it did happen . One BB on winning team team played good .

I would make the argument of Green team BBs not playing the objective VS any meaningful or spectacular red cruiser play.

In other words, the bull lets the cowboy win, NOT the other way around Clam...

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
14,401 battles
2 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I dont buy it. You were the most powerful ship in that entire battle. I'm thinking you made some mistakes and are blaming your team. You could have carried that. 

Wrong.

A player in random can carry about 6 percent of the team.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

I would make the argument of Green team BBs not playing the objective VS any meaningful or spectacular red cruiser play.

In other words, the bull lets the cowboy win, NOT the other way around Clam...

Just the facts ma'am

Joe Friday from Dragnet – Films, Deconstructed

[THOR]
Members
460 posts
6,073 battles
2 hours ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Looks like the entire losing team didn’t play well based on the very low xp. Steam rolls happen but I think people over dramatize them. I don’t see nearly the amount of these matches as people claim but maybe everyone has a different opinion of “steam roll “

I see top 3 on red team that won were cruisers.

[SALVO]
Members
4,322 posts
3,760 battles
3 hours ago, macktkau2 said:

What a joke of a game, complete waste of my time. 

I love these statements... So it took you only 4k interations to come to that conclusion, you are a really sharp guy...

[WOLFG]
Members
849 posts
14 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Wrong.

A player in random can carry about 6 percent of the team.

I agree.  Then why bother to look at WR stats?  If all you play is Random they mean nothing.

Edited by Captain_Rawhide