Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
fredsfamily2

training and practicing

13 comments in this topic

Members
41 posts
649 battles

Is there a game or mode or w/e where u can train and practice alone and try to get better , or is there a mod in modstation i can use to do what i need

[109TH]
Members
60 posts
2,399 battles

You can use the training room or simply play coop for target shooting practice. Though gameplay in random is completely differences from coop where the real player would change their speed and direction "randomly" unlike bots in coop. But I think you could improve your aim by playing coop. I also watch lots of live streaming on Twitch and YouTube videos to learn how to get better...

Edited by HMSRodney_1941

Members
41 posts
649 battles

thanks because i have a tier 8 battleship and i get my butt kicked alot and i love this game but hard to get better when u die so fast 

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,549 posts
5 minutes ago, fredsfamily2 said:

thanks because i have a tier 8 battleship and i get my butt kicked alot and i love this game but hard to get better when u die so fast 

If you are getting sunk super fast in a BB, it's most often because you are rushing into the center of the map.  As a general rule, the higher the tier of match, the slower the pace and there more camping there is.  The first one to stick their head up, gets it shot by 12 people at once. 

Slow down and remind yourself that ships have more speeds than stop and full throttle.

• Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,717 posts
19,688 battles

As a BB and cruiser main I always recommend playing Co-op for an extended period of time in any new ship to learn it's strengths and weaknesses before venturing into random battles. Bots are straight forward so learn to fight them with your new ship first. Also, you might want to adjust your captain skills to more of a survival build first before you start specializing. 

Here's a standard captain build for battleships that may help. It emphasizes survival:

The Zombie Battleship Build - General Game Discussion - World of ...

It's a old build but still works especially if you're dying quickly. 

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,549 posts
24 minutes ago, fredsfamily2 said:

ya im noticing that , but i just wanna have fun and get better tired of being a bad player lol

Based on your number of games played, you are still very new.  Nothing wrong with that but don't rush into the top tiers too fast.  It's a common tendency but there is nothing special up there.  It's just more sitting around and waiting for the right time to make your move, than there is in the lower tiers.

It might sound counter intuitive but the more you slow down and learn the game, the more fun you will have.  It's flustering getting nuked right away every game but moving up in tiers too fast, just makes that mistake more and more punishing. 

It isn't a simulator, it's a shooting game, but it's also more complicated and strategic, than meet's the eye at first glance. 

If you are looking for a fast paced, fur ball of chaos to dive into and slug it out for the lulz, the lower tiers are where you want to be.  The higher tiers are slower paced and methodical.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
4,315 posts
16,490 battles
9 minutes ago, fredsfamily2 said:

ya im noticing that , but i just wanna have fun and get better tired of being a bad player lol

Hi, so there is three things you can do. 

1) Play a bit more coop games, so you can practice shooting and hitting enemy targets at various ranges first time. 

2) Drop down a few more levels, and play around T4 a bit more - you wont be facing enemies 2 tiers higher than you, and the game is a bit more chaotic down there which can be fun. 

3) Check out some of the guides I have posted below.

Good luck! And if you would like to division, feel free to send me an in-game message. 

• How to set up your game client to get the information you need to win: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSCb96CLCs4
  • (For brand New Players - a full comprehensive guide) iChase's How to get good at World of Warships - I wish this was around when I started!
  • (For New Players) - Wargaming's 'How It Works' series that explains the game's mechanics - important to learn these as it differs to real life.
  • (For New Players looking to become Intermediate) my Ship Role Quick Reference Guide to understand how to get the best out of your ship every battle and how to deal with enemy ships of the same type. 
  • (For Intermediate players) LittleWhiteMouse's guide to How to take control of your win rate:  https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/75077-how-to-control-your-win-rate/
  • For players at any level who are interested in personalised feedback on a particular battle, get in touch with Lord_Zath and his replay centre - its an amazing service that you should take advantage of.  
  • You are under absolutely no obligation to spend money on this game - it is entirely free to play including at high tiers. 
    • Understanding the economics of WoWS and tips for playing as free-to-play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDgwH2w-k7U
    • Still, if you are interested in buying a premium ship, a discussion on what premium ships are good value for newer players can be found on my New Player Guide Premium Ships for New Players.
      • The second post in this thread has some good advice on how to rapidly become a better player through teamwork and positioning - see Section 3 - its worth a read!
  • Cool 1

[WKY06]
Members
65 posts

Co op is a great place to learn as a beginner and it's fast paced mayhem so is good fun.

If you're spending money on ships i recommend going into the armory and getting one of the Doe commanders for your USA BBs. That 10 point commander with expert marksman skill would give you a good starting point to build on.

I agree with Burnsy and others, stay at the lower tiers and learn there rather than rush to the high tiers. I rushed up to fast.

Can send me a message in game if you'd like to division sometime, I like lower tiers too and am a casual player.

• Cool 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,315 posts
6,841 battles
9 hours ago, fredsfamily2 said:

Is there a game or mode or w/e where u can train and practice alone and try to get better , or is there a mod in modstation i can use to do what i need

Oink Goltz

You set up a training room and can battle with and against bots. Try it. You'll see, play a few games, then realize it's so boring that you'll play Co-op stuff... And then back to random. Goltz, clan [PIG] Supreme Leader, suggests also you join an active clan and maybe find some people ready to loose precious time training you.

Goltz.

Members
41 posts
649 battles
On 5/17/2020 at 7:26 AM, Jolly_Rodgered said:

As a BB and cruiser main I always recommend playing Co-op for an extended period of time in any new ship to learn it's strengths and weaknesses before venturing into random battles. Bots are straight forward so learn to fight them with your new ship first. Also, you might want to adjust your captain skills to more of a survival build first before you start specializing. 

Here's a standard captain build for battleships that may help. It emphasizes survival:

The Zombie Battleship Build - General Game Discussion - World of ...

It's a old build but still works especially if you're dying quickly. 

i am but i also do not have my hull upgraded do to not enough silver atm and once i have some doubloons i will change it 

• Cool 1

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,746 posts
23,455 battles
On 5/17/2020 at 4:14 AM, Burnsy said:

Slow down and remind yourself that ships have more speeds than stop and full throttle.

This is great advice that many many folks don't seem to realize.

Sign in to follow this