Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Curly__san

Wo ist Operations Update

7 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Members
1,163 posts
10,473 battles
1451569082_DesktopScreenshot2020_02.21-1

This^ was some time ago 'gentlemen'. Over a year.
Enough palaver, hand-waving and such. 
Perhaps an actual update that contains relevant truths is in order?

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
12 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

That update happened a long time ago...it was clarified (by SubOc) shortly after that that not just the CVs but the sub's were taking precedence to the ops & assuming until sub's either make it to regular random or are officially declared unable to be balanced (which I don't see happening) ops will remain on the back burner...but eventually they will see a comeback...SOON(tm).

• Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,163 posts
10,473 battles

Yes, I do believe I mentioned that it was some time ago.  I also think most folks that remember those operations are aware, at least in a general sense, of that fact.

I don't put much faith in what folks at WG say anymore.

I am more concerned with what they actually do, or don't do in this case. Especially when it flies in direct contrast with what they say. (almost as if there were 'misunderstandings' regarding the facts of said statements)

If the Ops that have been gone for over a year aren't coming back, I would rather have that truth, however unpleasant, spoken plainly and up front. 

This continual mealy-mouthed hand-waving by WG's spokesperson(s) or flat out lack of information, is  disrespectful and ultimately bad for business.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

The Devs aren't capable. They can't comprehend the game engine that they paid for, yet. The game engine is already old so it doesn't take  a rocket scientist to figure out that they are far behind the times. Hell, they can't even make Operations work right, or fix the ones that they had. Good luck for the other modes.

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
6 hours ago, Curly__san said:

Perhaps an actual update that contains relevant truths is in order?

I wasn't referring to the article titled "Operations Update" that you quoted in your OP happening a long time ago (although what you quoted was from an even longer time ago than what I was referring to...but)...you asked for an update to that quoted update & I was telling you that the update to that quoted update happened long ago also.

I do believe that what you quoted was from an announcement that came out after the CV rework (8.0) dropped but before the Halloween event (not last year but the year before) w/the subs when they announced subs were going into testing.

Shortly after they announced that subs were going into testing (which was also a long time ago & the "long time ago" I was referring to in my comment) they released the update you were asking about & in that update (it may have been a video update as opposed to an article update as SubOc had that series of videos*** for awhile but I'm not sure which it was exactly...but I am sure of the clarification...even if I can't remember whether it was in written or video form) SubOc clarified that all the ops that were taken away would be returning (or at least worked on...whether the bots can actually be "trained" to do what they need to do to make those ops work won't be determined until after they start work on them)...but not until the devs were done working on subs as that was where they were going to be concentrating all of their dev manpower until it was complete.

As the subs are still in a testing phase no promises have as yet been broken &:

5 hours ago, Curly__san said:

Yes, I do believe I mentioned that it was some time ago.  I also think most folks that remember those operations are aware, at least in a general sense, of that fact.

I don't put much faith in what folks at WG say anymore.

I am more concerned with what they actually do, or don't do in this case. Especially when it flies in direct contrast with what they say. (almost as if there were 'misunderstandings' regarding the facts of said statements)

If the Ops that have been gone for over a year aren't coming back, I would rather have that truth, however unpleasant, spoken plainly and up front. 

This continual mealy-mouthed hand-waving by WG's spokesperson(s) or flat out lack of information, is  disrespectful and ultimately bad for business.

2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The Devs aren't capable. They can't comprehend the game engine that they paid for, yet. The game engine is already old so it doesn't take  a rocket scientist to figure out that they are far behind the times. Hell, they can't even make Operations work right, or fix the ones that they had. Good luck for the other modes.

All the threads in the forums w/comments like these are in direct contrast to something that was clarified over a year & half ago (which puts what you quoted in your OP closer to 2 years ago actually).

***Edit: The 2 Phils (w/Philigula...or 2 Phills w/Philligula?) was the video series I was referring to...couldn't remember the name before & I don't remember if I have the actual timeline of those videos right in conjunction w/the announcement either which is why I don't remember if it was an announcement from that series or a written announcement from SubOc.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,210 battles

If you play coop you can see the problem the AI has with CVs. They are mostly a non-factor except for their spotting ability early. (not that the old bot CVs were near the terrors that their human powered counterparts were). Probably would take a lot of programming time to "fix" this and obviously WG isn't willing to spend much on a mode they are trying to phase out. I'm guessing their spreadsheets have shown   it isn't profitable.

[PVE]
Members
1,443 posts
39,329 battles
15 hours ago, Curly__san said:

Operations take to many players from random.

Cherry Blossom and Hermes could play just as good with a BB and most all the planes are land base in them Ops.

Sign in to follow this