Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

Forgotten Ships

30 comments in this topic

Members
854 posts
16,481 battles

You ever forget you have a ship because you never play it anymore? Lol. Well I dusted off Yoshino, filled it with gasoline and Napalm set sail not expecting much. I forgot how great her guns are at long range. Close game and fun as Hell!

Clean the rust off those old ships and give em a try. It sure surprised me!

Screenshot (155).png

Screenshot (156).png

• Cool 4

Members
2,812 posts
36,535 battles

That does happen to me. I have too many.

But there is one ship I must forget.

The Ishizuchi. I sold it. I will revisit this ship only when my PC dies in a catastrophic processor meltdown.

I hate that ship. They say it's like a baby Kongo, but having struggled with it's horrible dispersion, it's a baby alright. A baby turd.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
Members
6,948 posts
13,490 battles

I played the HMAS Vampire last night...  It was quite fun to just kick around T3 for a game.

It performed rather well.  It was a grinder mission prize that was long forgotten. 

The Varyag is like that too.

• Cool 1

Members
854 posts
16,481 battles
2 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I played the HMAS Vampire last night...  It was quite fun to just kick around T3 for a game.

It performed rather well.  It was a grinder mission prize that was long forgotten. 

The Varyag is like that too.

I sold the Vampire along time ago. Kept the Varyag. Once in a great while I take it our and she always does well.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,479 posts

I very rarely take my Ark Beta out.  I don't dislike it, I just don't play low tiers that often.  Once in a while I dust it off and it reminds me that while they are short ranged compared to big fellas, her secondaries are many, laser accurate and hilariously deadly. 

Right about then though the CV shows up and reminds me that the price she pays for that, is literally 0 AA. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,266 posts
25,117 battles

(Apologies, made a stupid mistake with my screencaps.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[RLGN]
Members
14,266 posts
25,117 battles
5 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

So; how good is Vampire?

Spoiler

It's better than Harugumo.

T1mWhI.jpg
1q2ltb.jpg

• Funny 1

[BSL]
Members
1,201 posts
20,867 battles
6 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

That does happen to me. I have too many.

Dang Steel, I thought I had a lot of battles...

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,642 posts
34,867 battles
1 hour ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Dang Steel, I thought I had a lot of battles...

Did anybody say "lots of Battles"?

For the record I actually like the Zucchini, except for the lack of AA when almost every match has four CVs.

I never had the Vampire but I do have Oleg and Varyag, which I only play in coop and then rarely when I have an orange captain to retrain. They are not bad, except for the AA issue.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,156 posts
16,854 battles

If I was any good in Destroyers then the Vampire would be a great ship. I used to enjoy playing the Aurora which I got when I first signed up for this game but now it just sees CVs so i don't bother. Same with the Konig Albert which is a complete bully when top tier but against carriers is just food. 

I started playing the De Grasse again and with her range and fire chance she's pretty fun. 

Members
814 posts
5,672 battles

I dusted off Nelson for a random last night just to get a feel for it in prep for ranked. The ship can still be a beast. I don't think people realize how devastating that ships AP can be.  

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,792 posts
24,440 battles
8 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

You ever forget you have a ship because you never play it anymore? Lol. Well I dusted off Yoshino, filled it with gasoline and Napalm set sail not expecting much. I forgot how great her guns are at long range. Close game and fun as Hell!

Clean the rust off those old ships and give em a try. It sure surprised me!

I have 297 ships in port currently so...yes!

Vast majority only get taken out now for flake events or some task they can help me complete easier/faster.

Occasionally I have a day where I put aside all grinds/tasks and just grab some of these ships and play solely to play and have fun.

T4 and below ships suffer the most for lack of play time as WG's events are always T5+ or even T8+.

[FORM]
Members
1,624 posts
11,290 battles
8 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

You ever forget you have a ship because you never play it anymore?

The Sims is my version of that. Bought her for farming the operation with the planes (don't recall the name,) and then about a week later they removed the operation. Might bring her out for T7 ranked... her power as an AA boat is pretty worthless currently, not actually strong enough to scare off T8 CVs, and all but the stupidest T6 CVs just avoid her completely.  

One ship I haven't seen in a very long time in any battles, the Montpelier. I wonder if WG has any way to show how often some ships appear in battles. I suspect there are a few who could use a bit of loving to make them more viable.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,767 posts
15,637 battles

Last 21 days in my first Premium and second T7... decided to get her up to a 50% w/r.... She performs much better now that the driver has a clue about positioning, concealment, and most importantly.. knowing when NOT to shoot!

Capture.thumb.JPG.52b1006d4fcae0810187d9491c8f0ad2.JPG

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts

I play through a lot of ships on semi-regular basis.

There are ships I play less than I'd like to because WG has decided that only tier V+, or only tier VIII+, or whatever, actually count for most things.  

Wyoming, Kuma, Vampire, etc, are all fun ships that I don't take into battle as often as I'd like to.  

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[DRAH]
Members
367 posts
9,093 battles

Normandie. Top Tier it runs rings around folks, Also surprisingly good at bullying DDs who don't expect you to turn in and charge them at 30k speed. A lot of DD players at that level don't know how to react to a charging BB that can close with them that fast.

[SWCCS]
Members
4 posts
16,526 battles

"Normandie. Top Tier it runs rings around folks, Also surprisingly good at bullying DDs who don't expect you to turn in and charge them at 30k speed. A lot of DD players at that level don't know how to react to a charging BB that can close with them that fast."

A ship that was a tonne of fun to play until the CV re-work.....now she is vulnerable unless you want to chain yourself to CA or dd. If you get spotted by a CV on your own its lights out

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
552 posts
3,634 battles

The Yorck has been buffed hard. It went from bad to honorary baby Hipper.

[SOV]
1,868 posts
8,476 battles

Ever since finishing this week's directives for the Soviet Cruiser scam early access, I've been playing nothing but my premiums tier-by-tier, nation-by-nation because I don't feel like grinding the few remaining lines I have. I was pleasantly surprised by some of them. The Ohkokokokokotnick was a blast, as was the Marblehead and the Alabama. I had outstanding games and enjoyed playing them. The Krispy Kreme, however, remains a disappointment. 

Members
477 posts
8,135 battles

I no longer play ships with terrible AA...

Remember HMS Gallant...irrelevant.

T-61...irrelevant.

Never play Sims, Molotov or Shinonome anymore.  Haven’t played Lo Yang in forever.

Funny that tier 6 seems to be the black hole.

Edited by LastSamurai714

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
4,165 posts
4,371 battles
On 5/17/2020 at 10:58 AM, Estimated_Prophet said:

So; how good is Vampire?

Hide contents

It's better than Harugumo.

T1mWhI.jpg
1q2ltb.jpg

I love my Vampire. It's a Tier 5 DD shoehorned into Tier 3. If she had her second set of tubes and historical torpedoes, she'd be excellent T5 material.

x7vKBpi.png

~Hunter

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
4,165 posts
4,371 battles
2 hours ago, LastSamurai714 said:

I no longer play ships with terrible AA...

Remember HMS Gallant...irrelevant.

T-61...irrelevant.

Never play Sims, Molotov or Shinonome anymore.  Haven’t played Lo Yang in forever.

Funny that tier 6 seems to be the black hole.

All those you just highlighted are extremely strong for their tier.

~Hunter

[GOOF]
Members
669 posts
5,868 battles

Three years ago I bought Konig Albert because WG said it was super rare and was going off sale forever 😒

I take it out from time to time then put it back because I remember why I don't play it. 

Then WG offers it out when it feels like it.

Sign in to follow this