You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Flambass Sends Mixed Messages

263 comments in this topic

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

I complain about mosquitoes too, they make my life less fun.

They don't kill me (at least so far).

Guess I'll take your advice and stop ever having a reason to dislike mosquitoes.

• Cool 25
  • Funny 17
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,332 battles
1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

Guess I'll take your advice and stop ever having a reason to dislike mosquitoes.

JUST SWAT, LOL

• Funny 5
  • Boring 1

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

Ya this is what most people complain about ROCKETS are OP as Hell doing ungodly damage.... A Yammy hitting ships broadside and do far less damage than a couple rockets... Rockets need to go.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts

Not taking sides, but, something doesn't have to kill you to be bloody annoying and very unfun to deal with. 

• Cool 17

[R-F1]
[R-F1]
Members
71 posts
22,593 battles
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Flambass complains about the enemy CV attacking him all match, yet survives (a BB finally sank him), downs 44 planes, and sinks the CV to boot.

Carriers are impossible to kill, unless you kill them, that is.

There's a meme out there... Gretchen, you're never gonna make it a thing. Rationalizing that squameous cell carcinoma is good indicates wanting attention for a tut-tut. Point being, CV's are still wildly inequitable and for all intents and purposes, impossible to balance. 

Edited by SPAPtasticles
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
4,933 posts
8,013 battles

You know most CCs, they have to make sure that they’re appealing to the lowest common denominator. 

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 27

Members
2,947 posts
36,731 battles

If he got sunk within the first 2 minutes of the match, then that would be a valid point about CVs being too OP. If you shoot down 44 planes, then that CV really wanted to sink you..

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts
9 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Every time I think that mosquitoes should just go extinct, I then wonder what all the bats and chimney swifts would eat.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[WORX]
Members
10,678 posts
18,567 battles

We already know CVs are disproportional... Need I remind people, the current AA system is the manifestation of CCs complaining back in 0.8.0 time frame...

I'll remind people...

"Be careful with advocating change... You may not like the end result..."

Adapt.

Get Gud.

BTW

Dont be the lone ship on the flank in where you're going to get picked on by the CV.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Every time I think that mosquitoes should just go extinct, I then wonder what all the bats and chimney swifts would eat.

Actually bats don't hunt mosquitoes, they hunt moths, but they don't turn down a snack if they fly into their mouth.

[INTEL]
Members
13,067 posts
36,061 battles

image.thumb.png.a6d8bb7cd6a55107b2e85dfc341b37df.png

Recent game in Mass. Ordinarily a 3 kill game like this would be fun. This one sucked. Shot down 67 planes, had no effect on the CV's ability to damage me. Again and again: 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps. 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps, 3 torps.

Playing games like this is like clearing out a sewer full of Asian murder hornets buck naked. I can't imagine the kind of mind that thinks it is fun to attack another player without risk to oneself, or to put a mechanic like this in the game. How on earth could anyone think that it is fun to be the target drone in this "interaction"? You'd have to be mentally ill to imagine that this is fun. Eventually I did kill the CV and finally put a stop to the madness, but the CVs had long since ruined the match. I am so glad I have never inflicted this on another human player.

Even worse, though, was this:

image.thumb.png.e53cab541f063ea832f6dc704195572d.png
Opening of the game, the Red CV attacks my div mate. Under my AA umbrella, I shot down 13 planes. He lost half his health anyway and was eventually killed in a couple more passes of rockets. If you think that is good gameplay and fun, you have a mental disorder and should seek help. 

CVs are, as a much-missed div mate of mine once remarked, a social disorder. 

He quit the game over this garbage. 

• Cool 25
  • Boring 3

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles
10 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

You know most CCs, they have to make sure that they’re appealing to the lowest common denominator. 

Bingo.  I got tired of his constant complaining a while back. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
13 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

2 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Bingo.  I got tired of his constant complaining a while back. 

He isn't the first CC to become full of himself.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Actually bats don't hunt mosquitoes, they hunt moths, but they don't turn down a snack if they fly into their mouth.

I actually helped once with a bat research project. It's official -- bats eat skeeters. Actually, what a bat eats depends a lot on its species. Just like birds have diversified to adapt to different niches during the daytime, so too have bats at night. 

We detected mosquitoes in 71.9% of samples and at all sampling sites for little brown bats (Myotis lucifugus). By comparison, we detected mosquitoes in 33.3% of samples and one-half of the sampling sites for big brown bats (Eptesicus fuscus).

https://www.fs.fed.us/nrs/pubs/jrnl/2018/nrs_2018_wray_001.pdf

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I actually helped once with a bat research project. It's official -- bats eat skeeters. Actually, what a bat eats depends a lot on its species. Just like birds have diversified to adapt to different niches during the daytime, so too have bats at night. 

https://www.fs.fed.us/nrs/pubs/jrnl/2018/nrs_2018_wray_001.pdf

Interesting, from what I had read they generally go after somewhat larger prey but I would guess that the larger prey can also be unavailable while skeeters are around pretty much all the time that a bat is active. They must go nuts when the Mayflies come out which up here is July.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,593 posts
2,433 battles
18 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Moths, flies, various other insects.

Maybe the bats should just adapt to the changes?

• Confused 1

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,249 battles
36 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

Ya this is what most people complain about ROCKETS are OP as Hell doing ungodly damage.... A Yammy hitting ships broadside and do far less damage than a couple rockets... Rockets need to go.

Come back when the yammy can self spot, do damage anywhere on the map (anytime it wants) , and on any ship.

• Cool 10

[KRAK]
Members
3,714 posts
21,733 battles
29 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Other bugs.

Members
85 posts
21 battles

And there, in one video, is the difference between overpowered and unfun to play against. Spreadsheets can detect one, yes. But Wargaming either cannot or does not want to take the latter into consideration. One thing I've seen from Wargaming's game design is that when designing game mechanics like CVs or submarines, counterplay is an afterthought, if it exists at all. So you have mechanics that, on spreadsheets, appears to be fine, but when you look at it in the game, no, it's not fine.

• Cool 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

They must go nuts when the Mayflies come out which up here is July.

A friend of mine in grad school worked with the endangered gray bat. I went and helped him do a count one weekend. Gray bats (Myotis grisescens) eat pretty much what they can find but if there is a mayfly hatch going on they will really snarf them down.

• Cool 1

Members
218 posts
9,743 battles
5 minutes ago, leops_1984 said:

And there, in one video, is the difference between overpowered and unfun to play against. Spreadsheets can detect one, yes. But Wargaming either cannot or does not want to take the latter into consideration. One thing I've seen from Wargaming's game design is that when designing game mechanics like CVs or submarines, counterplay is an afterthought, if it exists at all. So you have mechanics that, on spreadsheets, appears to be fine, but when you look at it in the game, no, it's not fine.

God help you if your a bottom tier DD. T8 dd vs T10 cv? Your gonna eat rocket planes till your dead and there's nothing you can do about it. Its not fun. 

• Cool 4

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,245 battles
52 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

47 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Someone told me recently that dragonflies favor mosquitoes as well?

[WOLF4]
Members
382 posts
17,057 battles

I have played against lots of cv's and the rockets and sometimes the cv,s make me go batty.