You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

WG no Stukas of the German CV??????? WTH

10 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

WG if your out there.  There are some very simple things you can do to make life great.  SBD on Ranger and Stukas in at least 1 German CV.

You have ME 110 on the t6.  They look great, as a torp plane fine but were are the Stukas?

T10 looks like ME109 K models maybe and still no Stukas?

Please throw us a bone on this one.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[POP]
Members
2,840 posts
22,716 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

WG if your out there.  There are some very simple things you can do to make life great.  SBD on Ranger and Stukas in at least 1 German CV.

You have ME 110 on the t6.  They look great, as a torp plane fine but were are the Stukas?

T10 looks like ME109 K models maybe and still no Stukas?

Please throw us a bone on this one.

Stuka Stash

best i can offer you

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
1,624 posts

OP: stop trolling, you deserve a strong nerf on all CVs...

• Sad 1
  • Meh 2

[CLUMP]
Members
798 posts
1,150 battles

Stukas where never carrier aircraft :fish_sleep: They where slowed and their mobility wasn't that great either  :Smile_sceptic: They where good at dive-bombing though :Smile_popcorn:

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,029 posts
12,710 battles
40 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Stukas where never carrier aircraft :fish_sleep: They where slowed and their mobility wasn't that great either  :Smile_sceptic: They where good at dive-bombing though :Smile_popcorn:

By that definition, there are no German carrier aircraft, as they never finished the required carrier.

Now, as far as the aircraft that Germany actually built to serve on the Graf Zeppelin, there was 3 Bf 109 T's built with tail hooks and catapult fittings, with maybe another 20 lacking the catapult fittings. A handful of Ju 87 C's were built with folding wings, catapult fittings and tail hooks plus there was also the Fi 167, of which 14 were built. The Bf 109 T and Ju 87 C were both based on early model air frames.

If you add the Me-155, which was originally planned as a carrier version Bf 109G, to eventually be repurposed into a high altitude interceptor, you can sum up Germany's actual carrier aircraft programs. The replacement for the Ju 87 C wasn't even that far along by the Graf Zeppelin's second cancellation, but would have likely been something based on the Ju 87 D's air frame. 

The Ju 87 C appears to have a good wing fold mechanism, similar in result to F4F and other Grumman aircraft, but it doesn't look as simple. 

[WOLFC]
Members
483 posts
6,344 battles
On 6/20/2020 at 4:13 PM, SgtBeltfed said:

By that definition, there are no German carrier aircraft, as they never finished the required carrier.

Now, as far as the aircraft that Germany actually built to serve on the Graf Zeppelin, there was 3 Bf 109 T's built with tail hooks and catapult fittings, with maybe another 20 lacking the catapult fittings. A handful of Ju 87 C's were built with folding wings, catapult fittings and tail hooks plus there was also the Fi 167, of which 14 were built. The Bf 109 T and Ju 87 C were both based on early model air frames.

If you add the Me-155, which was originally planned as a carrier version Bf 109G, to eventually be repurposed into a high altitude interceptor, you can sum up Germany's actual carrier aircraft programs. The replacement for the Ju 87 C wasn't even that far along by the Graf Zeppelin's second cancellation, but would have likely been something based on the Ju 87 D's air frame. 

The Ju 87 C appears to have a good wing fold mechanism, similar in result to F4F and other Grumman aircraft, but it doesn't look as simple. 

Figured you might appreciate the photographic proof to top it off.

IMG_0006.jpg

41b6ef9b61886ee213cf10d1aa17cf83.jpg

0495laom88q21.jpg

f488bc8d188eead2dfd9c09525e8d707.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1