Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
1SneakyDevil

Just Missed a Solo Warrior

9 comments in this topic

Members
3,755 posts
23,311 battles

Was playing Krispy Kreme and kiting against a BB when I noticed my team going down. It was 4 BBs against a DD, BB and my Krispy.

DD goes down but then the red BB dies literally a second before our last BB dies denying me the solo warrior. :Smile_sad: I went dark and they were too far away to find me since we were up on points with time running out. 1/2 the red team even congratulated me thinking I had earned it before someone corrected them.

Anyone miss one by that slimmest of margins before?

• Boring 1

Members
2,842 posts
8,916 battles

Dude, another Kreamy player. I alone salute your that. That's my favorite go to ship to have ship in. Hard as hell to play but in the right set up a fire breathing little monster. Solo warriors are in my opinion the hardest achievement. I have two over 8500 games all in BBs. Good luck Captain.

[TBW]
Members
10,287 posts
17,483 battles

My first solo warrior was because some one was AFK, which kind of takes a bit away from the achievement.

[ALLY]
Members
270 posts
18,431 battles

To all:

My first solo warrior was in my Hosho.  My team had capped two out of three zones and the enemy team kept coming after me instead of trying to cap.  We won on points.  I kept sending my planes to the far corner of the map before getting spotted and then did not attack and just went back to the same corner.  They all headed for that corner and I got the solo warrior for it.  I really did not have that great of a game either.  Just smart enough to fool the enemy team.  I almost had another the other day playing my Lexington.  I killed three of the enemy ships and the last one was their CV a Shokaku.  It was almost dead when time ran out in the game and they were ahead on points.  That would have been the first one that i had gotten where I believe that I actually deserved it.

C130 signing out

[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,186 battles

Mine because the Reds were too focused on taking our cap, and weren’t paying attention to theirs.

It’s almost embarrassing; on their part and mine.

Followed a battleship in my old T6 Cleveland across the WSW part of the Neighbors map. (Just East of A cap if it had been Domination mode.)

I remember shooting at a destroyer, but not how it or the battleship died.

Red’s cap was open, so I moseyed on in, and just sat there, maybe moving around a bit.

Reds finally sank the last Green defending our cap, and started capping with multiple ships, and it seems only then realized THEY were getting capped.

Their Ryujo tried to air strike me; but yeah; T6 carrier versus an undamaged Cleveland with DFAA off cooldown...

That didn’t end well; I took maybe one hit, but their ships were too far away for it to make any difference.

Victory Jingle.

Solo Warrior... With one single hit on a destroyer, and twelve planes shot down.

I’d have loved to see the last few minutes of their team chat.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,186 battles
15 minutes ago, Hercules_C130 said:

I kept sending my planes to the far corner of the map before getting spotted and then did not attack and just went back to the same corner.  They all headed for that corner and I got the solo warrior for it.

Didn’t get a Solo Warrior for it, but did save a game once doing something similar in my old RTS Independence. Got complimented by one of the Reds, too.

Learned that trick from a Jingles vid.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,581 posts
15,693 battles

Congratulations! Solo Warrior is a hard one to get.

I picked the fist one up I've had in awhile this morning in my Shokaku

[ALLY]
Members
270 posts
18,431 battles
19 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Didn’t get a Solo Warrior for it, but did save a game once doing something similar in my old RTS Independence. Got complimented by one of the Reds, too.

Learned that trick from a Jingles vid.

Prophet,

I learned it from another battle where we won, but were trying to find the CV and failed miserably.  At the end the enemy CV told us where he was just before we pointed out.  We knew he was not at the spot his planes were flying because we had a DD get there and realized that he was not there.  Good trick to use if you are in a CV.

C130 signing out

Members
3,755 posts
23,311 battles

I've earned three already so any additional ones are icing on the cake.

First one was in Tachibana of all things when it was new. Had to kill the remaining 4 reds to win the match.

Second was in Fiji during a ranked season. That one was embarrassing since all the reds had to do was work together and kill me. And they had a CV too. Instead they came one by one as I was capping to stop points and RNG blessed me each time. The salt in their wound was me smoking up at the end with AA off while the CV was trying to blind drop bombs into my smoke since killing me was only way they could win at that point.

Last one was in Cleveland once it was T8. Had to kite away and kill one of the remaining 4 to secure the win. Thank god Yammy burns a lot...lol.

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this