Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CRZY_TRAIN

Being Low tiered?

15 comments in this topic

[-ICE-]
Members
619 posts

Is there a place that states how you are tiered? What is the selection procces ect?  Can Wow be doing it on spite?   I am constantly low tiered.. I am keeping a running count so its not me just making it up. How are we tiered?  It does not seem to matter what ship I use or what tier the ship is, I am put low tier 10 of my last 11 battles.  

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles

Matchmaker changed in the last 6 months to prevent this.

Check out https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/26274/ 

The matchmaker takes into account the number of battles that each player has played with ships of the same tier as theirs, as well as the number of ships one or two tiers higher.

After a short calibration period, lasting up to 20 battles for each battle type and ship tier, the matchmaker will ensure that the percentage of battles played with ships of specified tiers does not exceed the set limits.

Example:
For Tier VIII ships, the set limits are expected to be 40% of battles with ships two tiers higher. This means that out of 20 battles you play with Tier VIII ships, a maximum of eight battles will include Tier X ships.

Another advantage of this change is that series of battles with ships of certain tiers will be reliably interrupted, because the matchmaker will always analyze the last 20 battles each time. This means that once calibration is done, undesirably long series of battles with ships of higher tiers will not occur when repeatedly using a single ship tier.

• Cool 1

[-ICE-]
Members
619 posts

I get all the notes and stuff and people that say its fixed but I am keeping a running tab because I am saying its not fixed...  10 or 11 I was low tiered, a;so im not a good player, it dont matter priem ship or tech tree so I am asking where the rules or how its picked rules is because 10 of 11 is way more then 40% more like 90% low tiered. 

[SOFOP]
Members
2,584 posts
16,278 battles
1 hour ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

I get all the notes and stuff and people that say its fixed but I am keeping a running tab because I am saying its not fixed...  10 or 11 I was low tiered, a;so im not a good player, it dont matter priem ship or tech tree so I am asking where the rules or how its picked rules is because 10 of 11 is way more then 40% more like 90% low tiered. 

Is it your first 11 battles in that tier?  It takes 20 battles for it to calibrate (for some reason).

There are a bunch of people who did extensive tracking of 100's of games prior to and after they made the change, and the system has done and now is forced to keep you at a 40-40-20 split (again, after 20 games played at that specific tier).

So in theory, if its your first 20 games at Tier 7 for example, you could get bottom tiered all 20 games.  But after that, you would then get balanced to being top tier for a bunch of games to balance that out.

This very very often comes down to confirmation bias, in that everyone notices when they are bottom tier for short stretches, and tends to forget their top tier games.

Unless you subscribe to several tinfoil hat theories, WG does not look at your specific stats any further than ship tier, ship type, and your previous 20 battles at that tier (to determine what tier slot you should go).  It doesnt check win rate, anything skill related, your mood, the stars, your current streak, anything...

• Cool 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,021 posts
46,910 battles
55 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

That is some unusually bad luck. But here's the silver lake lining, attack the higher tier ship and get him to fire back at you.

Even if you do meh and get sunk, you get very good XP.

Case in point, ages ago, to get Colorado, it's normally the grind from hell. But having become wise to XP farming, I just tank the New Mexico as much as possible to get the XP fast. I attacked the higher tier ship every time.

This was especially effective lately when I reset a few lines to get Ohio.

So, while MM is being a pain for you, just take advantage of the underdog status because the longer you survive and get fired at while firing to a higher tier ship, you have most to benefit.

This is one of the very reasons Missouri and other tier 9 premiums do really well. You actually love being bottom tier.

And this applies to any ship type. Fire on and get fired at by the high tier guy. He is actually helping you advance. Win or lose, you win because you grind less.

I hope this at least helps you despite the bad luck with MM. But I even have a free FYI about supercontainers.

They drop exactly 0.7 times per week. If you select third option and play to get the 3 dailies .

I know it's kind of crazy if you are hoarding coal, but it's crazy fun when you get CV Indomitable 3 weeks ago. I never planned on getting the CV, and now I got a ship worth 50 space bucks.

So if you ever want a premium ship, then that is the way to go if you are not planning to buy and you got enough coal to get black lung.

Have fun out there.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,021 posts
46,910 battles
3 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Is it your first 11 battles in that tier?  It takes 20 battles for it to calibrate (for some reason).

There are a bunch of people who did extensive tracking of 100's of games prior to and after they made the change, and the system has done and now is forced to keep you at a 40-40-20 split (again, after 20 games played at that specific tier).

So in theory, if its your first 20 games at Tier 7 for example, you could get bottom tiered all 20 games.  But after that, you would then get balanced to being top tier for a bunch of games to balance that out.

This very very often comes down to confirmation bias, in that everyone notices when they are bottom tier for short stretches, and tends to forget their top tier games.

Unless you subscribe to several tinfoil hat theories, WG does not look at your specific stats any further than ship tier, ship type, and your previous 20 battles at that tier (to determine what tier slot you should go).  It doesnt check win rate, anything skill related, your mood, the stars, your current streak, anything...

I concur. The only ones looking at your stats are bots in co-op. I should know, I get focused like I am the last strawberry filled donut on the planet and I am surrounded by 300 five year old kids.

It doesn't get old, but you are never safe either. 6v1 is nuts.

[_BDA_]
Members
661 posts
10,276 battles
8 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I hope this at least helps you despite the bad luck with MM. But I even have a free FYI about supercontainers.

They drop exactly 0.7 times per week. If you select third option and play to get the 3 dailies .

I chose the random option every drop for nearly two weeks and didn't see a super container.  When I finally got one it was mostly coal... I felt a little bit like Charlie Brown on Halloween.

[-ICE-]
Members
619 posts

idk maybe its because of the new t8 ship I got which was most of the 15 games I played the past 2 days so maybe after 20 it will change...  Its just frustrating seeing low t with ur bran new ship and t8 against t9 and t10 isnt much fun my new BB's paint is destroyed  lol 

[SR-_-]
Members
5,021 posts
46,910 battles
4 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

I chose the random option every drop for nearly two weeks and didn't see a super container.  When I finally got one it was mostly coal... I felt a little bit like Charlie Brown on Halloween.

Sorry to hear that but I have been doing it a wee longer and one week is bone dry and next one. Then week 3 nothing, but 4 usually is 2 . Over 30 weeks it averaged 0.7.  

That is where I got that number.

Whether WG confirms or denies that is probably funny. But I have yet to go a full 52 weeks to try. And even by then, they will likely nudge the drop rate based on salt level.

I just know that is what my rate is over 30 weeks around last year. And that was before PR event.

[XXX]
Members
79 posts
20,029 battles
15 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I can tell you it doesn't go by how much you spend.

Karma doesn't seem to have an effect, either.

[-ICE-]
Members
619 posts

People are all saying it on the Battlefield too always low tiered especially tier 8....    here is my numbers since I bought the t8 prime BB... 12 low tier, 2 mid tier, 1 top tier and im keeping track... idk i gues wow wants people to quit?  wth  

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,709 battles

It's just bad luck. I haven't gotten many T8 games with T6 as bottom tier, but plenty of T7&8 games, and more T8-only games than I've ever seem before.

Sign in to follow this