Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DudeWhereIsMyTank

Why minimum container is 5 tokens?

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

232
[-WD-]
Alpha Tester
875 posts
10,991 battles

Why minimum container contains 5 tokens?

Why not simply 1 ? Prices in tokens could simply be divided by 5 and per container value would still be same.

Is it because 5 feels more then 1, so you don't feel as bad when getting 1?

(Yes I am only getting 5s, but I am interested why 5 was a choice for minimum)

  • Cool 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
211
[MKF]
Members
583 posts
20,416 battles

Yep, so you feel slightly less crapped on by RNG :cap_viking:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,849
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,441 posts
14,165 battles
11 minutes ago, Dath_1 said:

Yep, so you feel slightly less crapped on by RNG :cap_viking:

Pretty much this and the 300 token crates do exist, got that from the login crate yesterday. It will be five when I login later today of course.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[LBYC]
Members
3 posts

Because they want your money, sucka! They have gotten more and more stingy with these events until it's like there is no point in grinding anything.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,394
[WOLFG]
Members
9,634 posts
8,629 battles
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Pretty much this and the 300 token crates do exist, got that from the login crate yesterday. It will be five when I login later today of course.

Can confirm this is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
211
[MKF]
Members
583 posts
20,416 battles
19 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Pretty much this and the 300 token crates do exist, got that from the login crate yesterday. It will be five when I login later today of course.

Most likely. I am averaging 10 per crate so guess I am killing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
404 posts
3,852 battles
17 minutes ago, Dath_1 said:

Most likely. I am averaging 10 per crate so guess I am killing it

 

You are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,953
[TBW]
Members
10,292 posts
17,487 battles

Because WG has been getting stingier and stingier about giving free ships since the beginning.

stin·gy
/ˈstinjē/
adjective
informal
adjective: stingy; comparative adjective: stingier; superlative adjective: stingiest
  1. unwilling to give or spend; ungenerous.
    "his employer is stingy and idle"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,856
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,638 posts
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Because WG has been getting stingier and stingier about giving free ships since the beginning.

stin·gy
/ˈstinjē/
adjective
informal
adjective: stingy; comparative adjective: stingier; superlative adjective: stingiest
  1. unwilling to give or spend; ungenerous.
    "his employer is stingy and idle"

He is asking why make the rewards an average of 5 and the first ship 300, instead of the rewards an average of 1 and the first ship 150.  Why is the minimum anything other than 1.  The question has nothing to do with being stingy or not.  It would work out the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,953
[TBW]
Members
10,292 posts
17,487 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

He is asking why make the rewards nd average of 5 and the first ship 300, instead of the rewards and average of 1 and the first ship 150.  Why is the minimum anything other than 1.  The question has nothing to do with being stingy or not.  It would work out the same.

I see, yes I guess it is supposed to be psychology.

image.png.5d6865046b232b53d3cdf41173acf7ef.png

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
470 posts
4,399 battles
1 hour ago, DudeWhereIsMyTank said:

Why minimum container contains 5 tokens?

Why not simply 1 ? Prices in tokens could simply be divided by 5 and per container value would still be same.

Is it because 5 feels more then 1, so you don't feel as bad when getting 1?

(Yes I am only getting 5s, but I am interested why 5 was a choice for minimum)

minimun is 5? i was under the impresion every crate gives 5... at least that is what i got so far

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[WOLF9]
Members
670 posts
19,021 battles
2 hours ago, DudeWhereIsMyTank said:

Why minimum container contains 5 tokens?

Why not simply 1 ? Prices in tokens could simply be divided by 5 and per container value would still be same.

Is it because 5 feels more then 1, so you don't feel as bad when getting 1?

(Yes I am only getting 5s, but I am interested why 5 was a choice for minimum)

Because they are saving 1 token crates for a later event.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
604
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,200 posts
16,921 battles

WG Forum Post Monitor: Sir, the forumites were expecting only one token from crates. But we're giving them five!

WG Excecutive: By Stalin's Ghost, we've been too generous! Quick, release a bunch of boring Russian ships that will be forgotten within a week to recoup our losses!

Mr Burns GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,569
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,920 battles
3 hours ago, oldsmokey132 said:

Because they want your money, sucka! …

 

Lol, seems so obvious when you put it that way :)

Thanks for the laugh  +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×