You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
caspertoo

yeah tier 7 cv vs tier 5 bb, REALLY Fair

14 comments in this topic

[VULCN]
Beta Testers
8 posts
2,248 battles

So lets just ignore the fact that the planes from CV's have a never ending supply of ordinance.  Because that's the best way to make CV's balanced (rolls eyes).  But when you have a tier 7 CV vs a tier 5 BB and the tier 5 BB has low AA ability the CV player just goes back and forth from port to starboard dropping torpedos knowing the BB's AA is junk.  Makes for a REALLY fun game wargaming, you guys did a fantastic job redoing the CV's.  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4

[SOFOP]
Members
2,574 posts
16,194 battles

There are no T7 CVs.  But yea, it does suck.  Best thing to do is to stay near a couple other ships.

• Cool 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles
16 minutes ago, caspertoo said:

But when you have a tier 7 CV vs a tier 5 BB

Oops it's your first post so you get a gimme but yea low tier BB games can be tough with a good CV player on the other team .

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
14,297 posts
20,867 battles
20 minutes ago, caspertoo said:

So lets just ignore the fact that the planes from CV's have a never ending supply of ordinance.  Because that's the best way to make CV's balanced (rolls eyes).  But when you have a tier 7 CV vs a tier 5 BB and the tier 5 BB has low AA ability the CV player just goes back and forth from port to starboard dropping torpedos knowing the BB's AA is junk.  Makes for a REALLY fun game wargaming, you guys did a fantastic job redoing the CV's.  

Only in RTS CV times were there ever a tier 7 CV... At present, no tier 7 CV can attack a tier 5 ship because tier 7 CV just simply dont exist in the game.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

Texas says bring it on! The New York and October Revolution also have a respectable AA suites but nothing like the Texas.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles
14 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Texas says bring it on! The New York and October Revolution also have a respectable AA suites but nothing like the Texas.

I barley ever see the Texas out there anymore .

[-N-]
Members
318 posts
18,743 battles
10 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I still use mine with some frequency. It’s delicious when a T4 or even a T6 cv just comes full bore at me with no regard for consequences 😂 Of course if they know what they’re doing they can take advantage of the shorter range of my AA

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles
1 minute ago, Nine_Lives_ said:

I still use mine with some frequency. It’s delicious when a T4 or even a T6 cv just comes full bore at me with no regard for consequences 😂 Of course if they know what they’re doing they can take advantage of the shorter range of my AA

So she is still good against CVs I heard people complain about her AA after the rework and different patches .

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
21 minutes ago, clammboy said:

10 minutes ago, Nine_Lives_ said:

I still take mine out regularly, tier 5 -7 is my sweet spot for playing. While the more experienced CV players they may be able to drop outside of the Texas' AA range but they will still have to fly through it after the drop and will pay then.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
5 minutes ago, clammboy said:

So she is still good against CVs I heard people complain about her AA after the rework and different patches .

When the rework first hit it was all experienced CV players in the CV's and they kept clear of the Texas but now there are more that are not and she eats them for breakfast, lunch, and supper.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,200 posts
20,409 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I got the Texas for a mission awhile back. I was so happy to get it. However I don’t know if it is because it is a odd tier (T5)class ship and there are no odd tier CV’s anymore. It does face T6 CV’s where it’s AA is a little more overwhelmed. So unless she is facing a T4 CV it’s like the thrill is gone. I take the NY more so than not because she has better 2ndaries. Not getting rid of Texas mind you, but she is more of a collectible for me now.

I suppose she is not alone in this situation. I remember sailing the Langley And Bogue and facing the Texas and O.R. I would be thinking oh man.. ugh.

Now it’s sailing the upper tiers and seeing the Halland/Smaland, Minotaur, or Worcester and thinking oh man.. ugh.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,186 posts
9,618 battles

I think they're limited on the amount of players online, plus the needed level of skill, plus the same tier level, so you will get these games from time to time.