You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CRZY_TRAIN

Post Reaction Icons

26 comments in this topic

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

Suggestion... when u mouse over the icon that was added to the post it should list the names of the adder.   Its that way in so many places on the net.  Why are they allowed to do it secretly? 

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

[SALVO]
Members
4,349 posts
3,781 battles

Well, it isn't much of a secret "who thinks what" around here... IDK, privacy as a concept seems to be more and more a thing from the past for the newer breeds. I still value privacy.  Not that it is particularly important in this case, but I really dislike turning my whole existence into a reality show.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
511 posts
8,913 battles

It would just add more salt to the forums.  

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

Many other forums and even FB if u think about it.. you cant post neg things without being transparent... but here they allow it and it allows people to do some things they may not do if they were held accountable.   Just saying

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,349 posts
3,781 battles

They already toned down the up/down vote system... now it is only some very innocent icons, the worst you can express is "boring" topic... there should be a "stupid post" icon at least. 

14 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

you cant post neg things without being transparent...

So, expressing disagreement with someone's post is a negative thing that requires transparency and accountability?  

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,604 posts
37 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Well, it isn't much of a secret "who thinks what" around here.

I think that they ought to institute forum clans so we all can divide up into factions and really have a war here.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SALVO]
Members
4,349 posts
3,781 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I think that they ought to institute forum clans so we all can divide up into factions and really have a war here.

I'll like that...so I could be a mercenary then... 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,604 posts
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I'll like that...so I could be a mercenary then... 

Damn it, I've already run out of emoticons to use today. So, before I go out and mow the yard, here's a "smiley" and a "thumbs up."

:Smile_veryhappy::cap_like:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GOB]
Members
2,041 posts

It has to be anon!  How else could widdle people talk smack with no consequences? 

I personally own everything I say or post but that may be a generational thing.

That said I wish there weren't a daily limit for upvotes.  I see so many great helpful people posting here and I run out of those before I finish my second cup of coffee.

But that's me.

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Well, it isn't much of a secret "who thinks what" around here... IDK, privacy as a concept seems to be more and more a thing from the past for the newer breeds. I still value privacy.  Not that it is particularly important in this case, but I really dislike turning my whole existence into a reality show.

I value privacy 100% but if ur downing someone or giving the thumbs up then that isnt private.  if that were the case then why bother even attaching a name to any post.. just let everyone post whatever with no names at all... so again  a name should be attached to the reactions imo

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,349 posts
3,781 battles
1 minute ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

I value privacy 100% but if ur downing someone or giving the thumbs up then that isnt private.  if that were the case they why bother even attaching a name to your post.. just let everyone post whatever with no names at all... so again  a name should be attached to the reactions imo

The icons are more of a vote system, you submit your post to the forum and the forum cast the vote. Votes are usually secret and anonymous so you can express yourself freely from the pressure of your peers. That's democracy working.

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

The icons are more of a vote system, you submit your post to the forum and the forum cast the vote. Votes are usually secret and anonymous so you can express yourself freely from the pressure of your peers. That's democracy working.

Depends on how u look at it.... some might not call it that at all... some may call it the total opposite...  anyways time to mow some grass... have fun be safe

[SALVO]
Members
4,349 posts
3,781 battles
14 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Depends on how u look at it.... some might not call it that at all... some may call it the total opposite...  anyways time to mow some grass... have fun be safe

Casting a vote should not be interpreted as harassment. I understand the concern with other forms of expression as the post themselves for example, but a vote... I don't think so. So have fun you too

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts
2 hours ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Suggestion... when u mouse over the icon that was added to the post it should list the names of the adder.   Its that way in so many places on the net.  Why are they allowed to do it secretly? 

anonymity allows one to express feelings/emotions/opinions freely without backlash/reprisal from others that oppose or feel differently, why do you think elections are private?

myself rarely vote in public forum polls for that very reason

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,212 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I figured.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,565 posts
11,145 battles
1 hour ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

Many other forums and even FB if u think about it.. you cant post neg things without being transparent... but here they allow it and it allows people to do some things they may not do if they were held accountable.   Just saying

I think transparency would just add to unnecessary back and forth posts about why you down voted me and personal attacks would increase It would derail a lot threads .

• Cool 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,604 posts
11 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Who cares what other people think?

Politicians? YouTubers? Movie producers? Authors?

Edited by Snargfargle

[LANCE]
Members
790 posts
5,871 battles
8 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I think transparency would just add to unnecessary back and forth posts about why you down voted me and personal attacks would increase It would derail a lot threads .

^^^ This

If I read a post that’s been posted a 1000 different times I usually just skip it. Sometimes I might “boring” it but usually not. If I feel strongly either way about a post, I’ll comment with my opinion. Personal attacks have killed many a good thread with interesting and varied opinions.

The problem with transparency on emoticons is that it would “label” people and that serves no real purpose as no matter what you say your opinion is derailed because of your label. If I agree to a pro-cv thread I’d probably be labeled as a “cv apologist”. If I post saying DD’s are targeted because of radar/cv’s etc, etc I become part of the “DD mafia”. Then anything I post after the fact is classed as null and void by some on the forums who’d instantly disagree because of my “label”.

[WOLFC]
Members
485 posts
6,354 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I like it.

While they're at it, maybe create a "World" where we can use tanks, planes, and ships to wage that war. That'd be really fun.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,565 posts
11,145 battles
6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

My ex wife .

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles
3 hours ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

The EU forum does just that and I see fewer negative reactions there but it doesn't stop those that are not afraid to be known. What I hate about negative reactions beside that they are lazy is they don't tell you what part(s) of your post they didn't like.

Edit: To the people that don't like CRZY's idea how about spending a moment and explaining why.

Edited by BrushWolf

[A-I-M]
Members
3,027 posts
13,273 battles
2 hours ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

... but here they allow it and it allows people to do some things they may not do if they were held accountable.   Just saying

“Accountability” for “cool”, “boring”, “confused,” etc., emojis??????

Good heavens, listen to yourself.

This Russian Cruiser Event is bringing out the control freaks and emotion police. Stalinism included at no extra charge.

35 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Thiiiiisssssss.

[PHD]
Members
1,505 posts
6,427 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Nah, only if you need votes or ticket and book purchasers. Though from what I have seen lately in movies I am beginning to wonder about producers. 

But I am pre snowflake generation, not that it is limited to one generation or another, maybe a percentage thing.