sotarksisgone

weird light effects on maps

5 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
153 battles

So when I look around there's these weird light effects that either happens on some docks and on maps when I look at the little towns or on top of hills on maps. I don't know if this is supposed to be in the game. I also turned post processing off and still does no help to the problem. Yes I know, delete installed mods as it can be the cause of the problem but this has happened at day 1 of my sailing journey when I didint know mods existed in the game at that time. I've tried finding a similar thread but no avail. I really need to fix this issue because there's times where it blinds me to the point where I can't see enemy ships and it causes lag spikes.

(look at right, weird green and blue light effect on land, I've never seen this effect irl)

2020_05.15-19_36.thumb.png.7ec7d5495680c6e2de9c2ebb709e1053.png

[RKLES]
Members
11,801 posts
13,379 battles

Have you tried turning off the trees on islands setting? I have long no had the setting turned off and have not seen what your seeing happening. So it might be a place to start in terms of finding the culprit considering your screen shot is showing the light on islan with trees on it.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,820 posts
14,639 battles

No idea what this is.

It looks like a pair of eyes!

sure its not your reflection?

and if it is, what kind of alien are you?:cap_yes:

Members
2 posts
153 battles
18 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Have you tried turning off the trees on islands setting? I have long no had the setting turned off and have not seen what your seeing happening. So it might be a place to start in terms of finding the culprit considering your screen shot is showing the light on islan with trees on it.

Solved the issue, I really didint think that foliage caused the light effects. Tysm

17 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

No idea what this is.

It looks like a pair of eyes!

sure its not your reflection?

and if it is, what kind of alien are you?:cap_yes:

Haha it's not my reflection since I screenshotted it. If it was actually my reflection I would be surprised xD

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,820 posts
14,639 battles
7 minutes ago, sotarksisgone said:

Solved the issue, I really didint think that foliage caused the light effects. Tysm

Haha it's not my reflection since I screenshotted it. If it was actually my reflection I would be surprised xD

Let me guess? Drop dead gorgeous? Right?:fish_cute_2:

in that case.... here's a quote form Red alert 2!