Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
3r22r

Permanent Camo

7 comments in this topic

[1813]
Members
328 posts
9,803 battles

Did WG ever made Permanent Camo sales ? I now have a lot of ships in higher tiers like Gearing and Minotaur that really needs those camos but Tier X are 5000 Gold ( $25.00CAN )

So to outfit even a portion of the fleet would be very expensive ( 6 of them in Tier X alone ). Of course WG have Ship sales,  upgrades and port slots, but camos? anyone can tell me because so far I am not aware there ever was one

1000 Gold is OK I guess but top tiers adds up. Anyone ?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,520 posts

T10 camos have never gone on sale as far as I know.

[-KIA-]
Members
3,471 posts
14,816 battles

They did give some free perma camo for T6-T9 to some ship and during some event (like the one currently on live) they do give you the opportunity to earn a perma camo for T10.

Now is it totally free, not really, I'm sure you HAVE to spend some dubs, but if you're lucky you won't need to spend 5k dubs. If you're a fan of gambling I guess you can try your luck, personnally I'm not.

[EQRN]
Members
2,030 posts
17,447 battles

They *sorta* had a T10 perma camo sale ages ago.  I say sorta because it wasn’t a direct discount.  The sale went like this, when ever you spent *any* doubloons, you would get 10% of those doubloons back at a later date.  So you buy a 5000 doubloon T10 camo and a week or two later you get 500 back.  So there was an effective 10% discount on T10 camos.  

Members
1,493 posts
10,837 battles

for the amount a permanent tier 10 camo costs its not really worth it, there are plenty of other camos you can use to replace it without spending 5k doubloons. 5k dubs is half a tier 8 premium for reference.

[NG-NL]
Members
260 posts
9,169 battles

They haven't offered a discount on what you're asking about. There have been a few similar discounts and freebies, though.

I think about a year and a half ago, they sold permanent camos for Tiers 6-9 for half price. No discount on Tier 10.

They have also given away a few Tier 10 camos: K117 for the Yamato, and recently the Three Crowns camo for Halland if you completed 5 special missions in Pan-European ships.
There was also the Infernal camo available from missions this past...October? Free camo for any single ship in each of Tier 8, 9, 10.

I agree that Tier 10 camos are very expensive. I've bought a few and am happy with my choices, but it''s not for everyone. Only you can know what's right for you.

[1813]
Members
328 posts
9,803 battles
50 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

for the amount a permanent tier 10 camo costs its not really worth it, there are plenty of other camos you can use to replace it without spending 5k doubloons. 5k dubs is half a tier 8 premium for reference.

I do see a big difference, with or without, Ex, Salem VS Des Moines, the one on Salem is pretty complete but Iwhen I put a one time camo I end up negative credit, same for Smolensk or Thunderer

Sign in to follow this