You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jitta77

Any chance WG could break down Base Exp?

8 comments in this topic

[CAP]
Members
442 posts
17,908 battles

I think there is a bit a mystery that I think WG could shed some light on in the details screen of the battle result.  While I think we would all love a full detailed break down of the base experience number, I would be satisfied to just know the amount of base exp that was earned for each target I damaged in the details screen.  We could then assume achievements, spotting, caps, etc would account for the difference.

Has WG explained why they don't want to give us this information?

Members
4,129 posts
14,795 battles
14 minutes ago, Jitta77 said:

Has WG explained why they don't want to give us this information?

I suppose they dont want people gaming the system. Botters, could use it to program their AI. It is pretty straightforward though, once youve played enough. But yes the details, exact formulas; are unknown. 

Edited by Rollingonit
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
383 posts
4,341 battles

I think the main reason is because its really convoluted and complicated. I don't even want to think about what kinda of stat wall a user would be presented if they wanted to know exactly what they did.

Here's how base earnings are currently defined:
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings#Earning_Credits_and_Experience

• Cool 1

[CAP]
Members
442 posts
17,908 battles
10 minutes ago, sargentmki said:

I think the main reason is because its really convoluted and complicated. I don't even want to think about what kinda of stat wall a user would be presented if they wanted to know exactly what they did.

Yeah, the section where the killing of 3 same tier cruisers will net you less BXP than killing 2 cruisers and 1 DD or BB because subsequent kills of the same class net you less BXP.  That doesn't make sense to me to be honest and does the order of killing matter?  so I want to kill a T7 cruiser before I kill a T5 cruiser because i'm only going to get 87% of the credit for killing the T7 one second and 100% for the T5.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,324 posts
14,923 battles
32 minutes ago, sargentmki said:

There are a lot of ways and combinations of ways to earn experience and going into more detail opens it up to abuse.

Alpha Tester
66 posts
11,031 battles
2 hours ago, Jitta77 said:

the amount of base exp that was earned for each target I damaged

It's relatively simple actually - whatever percentage of their total health (including heals) you dealt, you get an amount of XP and Credits proportional to that.

You also get XP/credits for:

Frags (A lot)

Captures (A lot)

Defense (Less)

Aircraft kills (Less)

And probably some other minor things I'm forgetting about

WG probably will never release the actual formula, but the relative value of various actions are pretty well known and confirmed by WG regularly.

Edited by WilliamTheDank