You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Raven2303

Georgia or Wait?

67 comments in this topic

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles

Was wondering if I should get Georgia, I can get her for coal and still have around 6k coal left. Or should I wait for the upcoming German ships? As I love my axis ships, but having Halsey now and not having him on anything is making me question myself over and over again. Would love to hear your opinions!

• Cool 1

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,224 posts

Georgia is a fantastic BB.  I would buy it again.

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Georgia is a fantastic BB.  I would buy it again.

Yea, lol I just got wrecked by it while playing my first game in my Chapayev, also watched it take 20k chunks out of a Bismarck and a Nagato!

[12TF]
9,224 posts
2 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

Yea, lol I just got wrecked by it while playing my first game in my Chapayev, also watched it take 20k chunks out of a Bismarck and a Nagato!

If you want something in the armory that has been in there a while, you should always choose it first over something new.  WG likes to rotate ships through the armory as new ones come in.  It's very likely that Georgia has an expiration date and it's very like that it's going to be much sooner than a brand new ship.

• Cool 3

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles

Georgia also seems to have a great secondary armament, I do like my secondary ships, hence GK being my first T10, After seeing what Odin and Ludendorf are like, I can only hope for Agir to be free EXP...

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles

Also while we are discussing Georgia, do any of you have a recommended captain build for her? Also should I use Halsey on her? I think the +Expert Marksmen would be good for her turrets.

[12TF]
9,224 posts
4 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

Georgia also seems to have a great secondary armament, I do like my secondary ships, hence GK being my first T10, After seeing what Odin and Ludendorf are like, I can only hope for Agir to be free EXP...

There are three things to like about the Georgia.  Her guns are great, she has awesome secondaries and she is fast.  VERY fast.  The last two things work together.  No only can you keep up with a DD to keep them in her secondary range and let them go to work, in some case, you can even run a DD down.  No only can they not get out of your range, you can gain on them.

[12TF]
9,224 posts
1 minute ago, Raven2303 said:

Also while we are discussing Georgia, do any of you have a recommended captain build for her? Also should I use Halsey on her? I think the +Expert Marksmen would be good for her turrets.

Mine is a full secondary build, but I really like secondary builds and understand that they are not min/max.

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

There are three things to like about the Georgia.  Her guns are great, she has awesome secondaries and she is fast.  VERY fast.  The last two things work together.  No only can you keep up with a DD to keep them in her secondary range and let them go to work, in some case, you can even run a DD down.  No only can they not get out of your range, you can gain on them.

What knots does she reach? Imagine if they gave her a speed booster! lol

[12TF]
9,224 posts
1 minute ago, Raven2303 said:

What knots does she reach? Imagine if they gave her a speed booster! lol

She has one, that's part of why she is as fast as she is.  Hang on I will flag up in a coop and see what she runs flat out at.

[12TF]
9,224 posts
8 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

She has one, that's part of why she is as fast as she is.  Hang on I will flag up in a coop and see what she runs flat out at.

There ya go.  I dunno why it's so blurry.  39.6 knots.

I8fgqAk.jpg

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

I vote get her...You can earn coal pretty easy... I say get the Georgia peach.

Its taken me since the start of this year and a few months before to get up to 178k coal, for some reason, everyone gets coal faster than me or has a wanked perception of time.

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

There ya go.  I dunno why it's so blurry.  39.6 knots.

I8fgqAk.jpg

A little short of Vasteras's base speed, nice!

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts
19 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

Was wondering if I should get Georgia, I can get her for coal and still have around 6k coal left. Or should I wait for the upcoming German ships? As I love my axis ships, but having Halsey now and not having him on anything is making me question myself over and over again. Would love to hear your opinions!

100% My next coal ship for sure.  Grinding coal everyday for it and waiting for my coupon to renew next month. 

I really want that ship!

Don't trust me in your port!

I WILL steal your coal!!!

gisdfrghdstghjphy.gif

• Funny 1

[12TF]
9,224 posts
Just now, Raven2303 said:

A little short of Vasteras's base speed, nice!

Yepper, DD speeds in a Battleship.

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles
1 minute ago, Col_Nasty said:

100% My next coal ship for sure.  Grinding coal everyday for it and waiting for my coupon to renew next month. 

I really want that ship!

Don't trust me in your port!

I WILL steal your coal!!!

gisdfrghdstghjphy.gif

Maybe if you keep continuing to being bad, Santa will give you some!

Members
12,612 posts
14,320 battles
5 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

Personally I have Halsey on Gearing so that double strikes can give me increased concealment which is a deadly asset on a DD. And having the red shell tracers being visible so often is fun. So that is a fair consideration for Halsey.

Or Halsey can be good on BBs like you are thinking about since added turret traverse speed is always a good thing for BBs. I already had a 19 point USN BB captain on my Missouri and Gearing was in need of a captain so that influenced my decision heavily.

Other option I might consider is using him on Cruisers like Alaska and Salem. Since a Super Cruiser like Alaska is much like a regular BB. 

The one problem with Georgia is what ever full secondary build captain you put on it will only be good on Georgia and Massachusetts. Which is why I sometimes hesitate to put a Unique Commander on a ship with highly specialized build when instead they can be built to serve on several ships. Although I do have a couple unique commanders specifically built for 1 ship, but the majority of them are serving on several ships. Just wanted to point this out as yet another consideration as it is nice to get the most out of your special captains as you can.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles

georgia is an excellent performer and alot of fun.

the upcoming german ships odin and agir are nothing special to be hyped about as they have been nerfed down alot but wargaming have announced a new tier 9 german battleship called ludendorf (last time i saw it) which looks like a very promising coal ship, something to rebuild the coal stack for.

• Cool 1

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Personally I have Halsey on Gearing so that double strikes can give me increased concealment which is a deadly asset on a DD. And having the red shell tracers being visible so often is fun. So that is a fair consideration for Halsey.

Or Halsey can be good on BBs like you are thinking about since added turret traverse speed is always a good thing for BBs. I already had a 19 point USN BB captain on my Missouri and Gearing was in need of a captain so that influenced my decision heavily.

Other option I might consider is using him on Cruisers like Alaska and Salem. Since a Super Cruiser like Alaska is much like a regular BB. 

The one problem with Georgia is what ever full secondary build captain you put on it will only be good on Georgia and Massachusetts. Which is why I sometimes hesitate to put a Unique Commander on a ship with highly specialized build when instead they can be built to serve on several ships. Although I do have a couple unique commanders specifically built for 1 ship, but the majority of them are serving on several ships. Just wanted to point this out as yet another consideration as it is nice to get the most out of your special captains as you can.

Well my highest US BB is well... New York, lmbo.

Members
7,122 posts
22,660 battles
22 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

The problem with the Georgia is what makes her fun. Speed and Secondarys, big guns too. That can be a bad combination of getting yourself into trouble quickly. that said.... it's fast and fun and can be a blast. Not many better choices for the resources.

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts
2 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

Maybe if you keep continuing to being bad, Santa will give you some!

But of course!

YI5AfC6.gif

• Funny 1

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles

Alright, well its settled, Ill get Georgia and pray to WeeGeesus that Agir is Free EXP, Thanks everyone!