You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CorvusBB39

Damage Control Party Modification 1

7 comments in this topic

[LRM]
Members
547 posts
11,428 battles

I've acquired a DCPM1 and am not sure of the best ship to install it on.  The description, " Increases the action time of the Damage Control Party consumable -- +40% action time." is unclear to me.

Does this mean that the points recovered are the same as before but spread out over a time period 40% longer thus giving you a longer immune time but no more points recovered

-or-

It's the same points/per second thus also giving you an 40% boost in points recovered.

[GIF]
[GIF]
Members
46 posts
10,708 battles

did'nt check the numbers when i put 1 on my Georgia, just know it eliminates HE spam for 28sec. while i dis-engage.

annoys ppl no end, lol

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,132 posts
4,958 battles
18 minutes ago, CorvusBB39 said:

I've acquired a DCPM1 and am not sure of the best ship to install it on.  The description, " Increases the action time of the Damage Control Party consumable -- +40% action time." is unclear to me.

Does this mean that the points recovered are the same as before but spread out over a time period 40% longer thus giving you a longer immune time but no more points recovered

-or-

It's the same points/per second thus also giving you an 40% boost in points recovered.

I believe you are thinking repair party, this is damage control. The DCP consumable is the R key and fixes flooding, fires, engine and steering breaks, and turret incapacitation, as well as making you immune to them for a short time (the action time of the consumable). 

The upgrade you got, that can be mounted in slot 1, increases this invulnerable duration by 40%. All told it's not the most useful mod, but it has it's fun, specifically on BBs. It's best use is either on Russians or US BBs imo. US because they already have a longer DCP action time than other ships. As noted above you can now go 30 seconds fire free. However I use them more on Russians because of the limited charges and quick reload of their DCP. It is a fun build to maximize DCP up time and minimize down time. Basically if you fully spec for it, you can get like 20 seconds of fire immunity and have another charge of DCP ready in just another 20 seconds (rough numbers, also remember you only get 5 charges max)

-DCP = Damage control party

Edited by _BBaby

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
146 posts
16,552 battles

Damage Control Party instantly extinguishes fires, stops floods, repairs damaged modules and prevents fires, floods and incapacitation for the duration of the DCP.
DCPM1 doesn't effect Repair Party. 
It extends the action time of your Damage Control as Smokey said.
In my experience it is best used on a ship that has a long action time American Battleships being the best choice. Stock is 20 seconds, with the DCPM1 it becomes 28 seconds.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,381 posts
14,152 battles

It will be best on the already long lasting DC on US ships and next to useless on the ships with extremely short action time.

[LRM]
Members
547 posts
11,428 battles
22 hours ago, _BBaby said:

I believe you are thinking repair party, this is damage control.

You're right.  I'd managed to conflate the two.:Smile_facepalm:

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,182 battles

It's nice to have on the Kremlin. That ship often draws the fire spammers big time, and having 14 seconds to disengage is often very handy. Also, the Krem has a shorter cool down on the DC, albeit with limited charges. This means that a significant percentage of your engagement time with the fire spammers can be mitigated, relative to other ships. I haven't done the math, but the logic is sound.

Running out of DC in the Krem is a bit sad, but if and when this happens, you have surely had a good game.