You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mpwardawg

Suggestion for next update

14 comments in this topic

[TRU]
Members
596 posts
18,092 battles

I would like to strongly suggest that an upcoming update be slotted as a "house cleaning" update.   Rather than releasing more ship lines or premiums, the update can focus on a few (imho) items:

1.  Operations - more of them, and based upon past battles.  This could be timed for media/movie releases for extra zing and interest.   Battle of Midway?  Leyete Gulf?  That would be sweet and add to the cycle of operations.  With subs now in game, I am sure a number of Atlantic convoy operations could be used.

2.  User friendly upgrades such as faster game load and exit times (I understand some people have a hamster powering their PC so there is no helping them).  

3.  Adopt some of the basic Aslans mods such as showing the ship line-up with health, gun bloom timer, and other optional add ons.  This can just be another option within every player's menu.  When in doubt, start small.  I find showing the XP in port on each ship in a line very helpful so I can scan my lineup quickly to see what I want to grind.  

4.  Expansion of a beginner's guide.  While there are plenty of videos out there, a one stop shop guide for beginners would be very helpful.  I have had a few friends try and quickly drop the game as it is a lot to learn out of the gate.  Players will always come and go, but by having a guide built into the game players will pick up the basics more quickly.  This would help with retention and can cover combat basics to user interface options.  For example, I had no idea that there were "collections" and an "inventory" until I was well into this game. Campaigns, the armory, premium shop, special events, economy, could all be covered.

5.  Auto pilot, while improved, can still act strangely.  For example, while flying CV planes, allow for better control of your CV.  Setting waypoints is great, but if you want to make a very short move, the autopilot tracks show that your ship has to move backwards to go forwards at times.  I get this if you are nose into an island, but otherwise the ship should just make its best speed and go where you click.  In other instances I will set waypoints and the path looks good.  A minute later I hear the alarm going off and my ship is beached.

Thanks all and let me know if I am way off base.  

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,144 posts
7,177 battles

No we need more Russian ships.

ALLLLLLLLL The Russian ships

• Boring 1

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,236 posts
19,460 battles

Completely agree on devoting a patch (or two) to housecleaning.

Adding some mods into the game, while not trivial, add a lot to most of the users. Take the minimap as an example, current version was a mod before.

At the same time is gives us a break from grinding events.

+1 OP

[STAFF]
[STAFF]
Members
68 posts
4,080 battles

100% agree too, but I don't think WG will take a break from "necessary" new content.

• Funny 1

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
987 posts
28 minutes ago, Quantumphysics333 said:

100% agree too, but I don't think WG will take a break from "necessary" new content.

Lol. They can't even fix why they broke last year (Here's looking at you CVs cough AA cough,cough 152 mm guns and below)eeeheeemmm!!.. Much less get anything else going.     :Smile_teethhappy:

[TRU]
Members
596 posts
18,092 battles
58 minutes ago, Quantumphysics333 said:

Right - I know it is everyone's choice to pay/grind new material.  But I think a house-cleaning patch would be better strategically for the players and WG.  Heck, they can put in a new ship or two if they really want to but let's get a few of these across the board easy fixes.

[LANCE]
Members
790 posts
5,866 battles

I think some of the mods you mention are already available in WG’s ModStation. The advantage to this is you can load the game from it and it “auto updates” the mods when they get updated.

[GIF]
[GIF]
Members
46 posts
10,708 battles

[edited]...is OP serious...tell me he's serious, so much funnier if he is.

1. WoWs actually caring what players think.

2. WoWs actually fixing something.

3. WoWs actually doing something that benefits players, just because some 1 makes sense.

funny on so many levels.

players r paying for this crap as- is, aint going to change till ppl stop paying.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,012 posts
13,269 battles
2 hours ago, Lonewolfpj said:

No we need more Russian ships.

ALLLLLLLLL The Russian ships

Our WoWs Russians fleets are already larger than the entire Soviet Navy, prior to the Cold War.

[SALVO]
Members
4,321 posts
3,749 battles
3 hours ago, mpwardawg said:

I would like to strongly suggest that an upcoming update

Don't release subs with stupid ping-homing torp mechanic.

[TRU]
Members
596 posts
18,092 battles
43 minutes ago, smokey66 said:

[edited]...is OP serious...tell me he's serious, so much funnier if he is.

1. WoWs actually caring what players think.

2. WoWs actually fixing something.

3. WoWs actually doing something that benefits players, just because some 1 makes sense.

funny on so many levels.

players r paying for this crap as- is, aint going to change till ppl stop paying.

Well be prepared to laugh heartily good sir.   I am serious.  

On another serious note, if you have such a low regard for the game/company, why stick around?  I don't mean this in a smart [edited] way either.  There has to be something redeeming in the game if you stick around despite the items you listed above.  It doesn't hurt to suggest some of these things to better the game experience.  

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,236 posts
19,460 battles
1 hour ago, mpwardawg said:

There has to be something redeeming in the game if you stick around

Personally, my clanmates. If not for them I would have surely thrown the towel a while ago.

May be we have our naive side, cause I still think this is a great game, despite WG efforts.

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,804 battles

Qualtiy of life (Qol) patches are always nice we dont need constant new ship releases, just a tidy up of slower performing interfaces, any small bugs that have been pushed to the side and also remove cv... its a joke relax.

• Cool 2

[TRU]
Members
596 posts
18,092 battles
42 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

Qualtiy of life (Qol) patches are always nice we dont need constant new ship releases, just a tidy up of slower performing interfaces, any small bugs that have been pushed to the side and also remove cv... its a joke relax.

There is no counterplay to small bugs!  

Well played.  

@barbaroja_Ar I get the loyalty/comraderie of playing in a clan and with friends.  I felt the same way about Fortnite, but I finally gave up on that game.  There is always a break point.  

• Cool 1