You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Got pink, what did i do wrong?

26 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,079 battles

image.thumb.png.bc645b3a8dd9c25e04c83fa7255b5b57.png

I've attached the replay, but basically i potated into the torp from the Kleber in coop match. But I got a warning. I exited after I blew up, not while i was alive. What's going on?

Not that it matters since I play a lot of coop and can easily work this off...

20200515_203043_PWSD109-Ostergotland_51_Greece.wowsreplay

• Boring 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,478 posts
23,875 battles

Makes no sense. Looks like you did die before exiting. Couldn't be server d-sync because you would see events after they happened (lag) if that were an issue.

Nice potato, btw... :Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,468 posts
18,417 battles

Weird.

I'm going to tag @Hapa_Fodder since "Why did I go pink?" posts are ordinarily a dime a dozen while this one deserves particular attention.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,111 battles

Were you pink already with 2 battles to work off? If you where then this means you have 1 battle to work off!

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,303 battles

Pink is the new green. Don't stress yourself over it.

• Funny 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,666 battles

Aloha,

Lemme take a look at your reply, BRB! :Smile_izmena:

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,258 posts
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

image.thumb.png.bc645b3a8dd9c25e04c83fa7255b5b57.pngI've attached the replay,

You may have exited too fast. The replay ended as the sinking explosion was still happening.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,666 battles

@Taichunger

Could you put a ticket in with this replay and the screen shot?

Cause um yeah, I have no idea...

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
228 posts
8,827 battles

Playing with one pink to go.  I bailed out of the match after dying, the game did not remove the count.  Played again, this time to the match end and it cleared. If I get a pink, I stay until the match ends. Appears the game needs the end to trip the counter? 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,792 posts
21,701 battles

Strange. Will you let us know what happened if / when you figure it out?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,614 posts

I know I haven't played much in along time, but I've never seen a 1 game penalty.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,331 posts
28,747 battles

That one's more than a bit strange, perhaps you willed some damage on someone and the Pyschic module picked up on it... bots have them you know! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[CNO]
Members
6,593 posts
19,802 battles

Did you have any torps, shells, or aircraft in flight?  Although it should not matter once your ship is destroyed, your "in game" time tag might be tied to such things.

[T_O_P]
Members
596 posts

Yesterday out of nowhere I got a notice that some "restriction has been lifted for following the rules"

I was like "huh? restriction? m'kay, whatever."

:cap_cool:

Edited by Hammer_n_Sickle

[WORX]
Members
13,291 posts
20,135 battles

I have never seen a one pink penalty offense... I dont think, a one pink penalty offense exist in the game currently... If it did... I, would have recived one a long time ago...

IMO, it was not this game you were warned... It may have been the previous match and you just noticed here...

Until someone tells me if a 1 game pink offense exist... I am going to reach that conclusion.

[SALVO]
Members
8,264 posts
6,122 battles

Do you get a warning if every one in the match reports you?

[AAA]
Members
231 posts
20,358 battles
18 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I have never seen a one pink penalty offense... I dont think, a one pink penalty offense exist in the game currently... If it did... I, would have recived one a long time ago...

IMO, it was not this game you were warned... It may have been the previous match and you just noticed here...

Until someone tells me if a 1 game pink offense exist... I am going to reach that conclusion.

I agree with this sentiment. Would be helpful if you had posted the previous battle result too. 

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
810 posts
6,335 battles
1 hour ago, Firerizer said:

Playing with one pink to go.  I bailed out of the match after dying, the game did not remove the count.  Played again, this time to the match end and it cleared. If I get a pink, I stay until the match ends. Appears the game needs the end to trip the counter? 

What I have seen is if you quit the match after dying it will not 'count' it until it is really over and your ship returns to port.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,468 posts
18,417 battles
15 hours ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

What I have seen is if you quit the match after dying it will not 'count' it until it is really over and your ship returns to port.

This makes sense.

[PVE]
Members
8,505 posts
24,628 battles
On 5/15/2020 at 12:56 PM, Soshi_Sone said:

Did you have any torps, shells, or aircraft in flight?  Although it should not matter once your ship is destroyed, your "in game" time tag might be tied to such things.

Actually it does still matter after you die.

A torp killing a friendly will turn you pink whether you have died already or not...but the only 1 game penalty is the confusing part.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:52 AM, Taichunger said:

image.thumb.png.bc645b3a8dd9c25e04c83fa7255b5b57.png

I've attached the replay, but basically i potated into the torp from the Kleber in coop match. But I got a warning. I exited after I blew up, not while i was alive. What's going on?

Not that it matters since I play a lot of coop and can easily work this off...

20200515_203043_PWSD109-Ostergotland_51_Greece.wowsreplay

Hey Taich...a few have asked but you haven't responded...have you got the post battle screenshot from the previous battle (well...the replay at this point).

Maybe you were pink the battle before & just didn't realize for some reason...the only 1 game pinkness penalty is what is confusing everybody & making us think this "might (the bug option is not being ruled out)" be what happened.

Never seen a 1 game penalty before so it seems like it might be possible.

Also...as per Soshi's inquiry above...did you have any fish in the water that might have hit something after you died & left the battle?

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,079 battles

No fish in the water. Would have shown on damage screen.

Wasnt pink in pvs battle.

No biggie. Tks tho

[CNO]
Members
6,593 posts
19,802 battles
11 hours ago, Taichunger said:

No fish in the water. Would have shown on damage screen.

I wasn't so  much thinking the pink was from something still in play, but that something still in play while exiting might result in being flagged as "leaving too early".

For example, you have a shell in flight...you get deleted while the shell is in flight...and immediately exit the game.  Shell in flight continues, hits the target.  If the software continues to check for "in game" while the shell is in flight, and you exit while the shell is in flight, the software will determine you have "left to early", and assess a pink penalty.

It should not happen that way.  But the software might be sequenced in that way.  I was just looking for a possible reason.  WG can probably figure it out from replay.

The other thing is you simply hit exit too soon in general.  Lots of things going on at once.  There might be situations where your exit flag gets set (when you request to end the game), followed by an game" status flag check, followed by the instruction to set the delete flag (due to your destruction).  Obviously the destruct flag should be set first...but we're talking software here.

Basically, if a status check occurs when the exit flag is true and delete flag is false, then a penalty is assessed for leaving too early.  Normally, that will only be true if you leave before you are destroyed.  But leaving immediately after destruction might somehow get your exit flag set before your destruct flag is set, with the ingame flag check occurring in the middle.  And you are "incorrectly" (in the intended design sense) assessed a penalty.

Members
1,660 posts
On 5/15/2020 at 4:50 PM, ArIskandir said:

Do you get a warning if every one in the match reports you?

If two or more people report you in the same battle, you will receive a notice that you were reported.  It doesn't tell you how many reported you or for what, you just know that two or more people reported you.