You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

Coupons & Upcoming Coal Ships

16 comments in this topic

[A-A-A]
Members
93 posts
13,999 battles

I have several questions:

• The coal coupon that we have currently will expire in June correct? Use it or lose it, yes?
  • Are there any coal ships on the horizon, by the time the coupon expires? I'd be curious if anybody knows anything--i'm inclined to see if any new ships arrive to use the coupon vs. what is in the armory currently.

Thanks!

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
5 minutes ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

• The coal coupon that we have currently will expire in June correct? Use it or lose it, yes?
  • Are there any coal ships on the horizon, by the time the coupon expires? I'd be curious if anybody knows anything--i'm inclined to see if any new ships arrive to use the coupon vs. what is in the armory currently.

Thanks!

They don't expire, you just get one to replace the one you didn't use. 

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

Members
274 posts
5,115 battles

The way they worded it, some of the older steel ships like Black and Flint (just off the top of my head) will return for coal. I'd imagine in about a year or less.

[PVE]
Members
6,178 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Tigermaus said:

That's the same as expiring.

It's not like they allow you to use the 1 that you didn't use after using the replacement.

As OP said...use it or lose it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[1984]
Members
4,130 posts
19,959 battles
2 hours ago, Tigermaus said:

You get one coupon every 6 months, thus it does expire if you dont use it.

• Cool 2

Members
4,366 posts
11,269 battles

Yes as others have said the coupons are use it or lose it. As of right now, the only yet to be released ships confirmed as coming for coal are:

- Moskva (may get added for coal when it gets removed in 9.5, or there may be an exclusivity period like for the removed steel ships)

- Flint, Black, Neustrashimy (confirmed to be coming back for coal, but will not be sooner than six months after removal, so sometime around mid September/0.9.9 at the earliest)

A German BB (was stated to be an as of yet unannounced ship during the initial dev stream, now assumed but not confirmed to be Ludendorff based on when it was announced)

Of those, the only one that could potentially get released before the coupons reset is Moskva (if it’s available as soon as it’s pulled from the tree), since 9.5 is early June and the coupon goes to the 23rd. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
6 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

You get one coupon every 6 months, thus it does expire if you dont use it.

That's semantics. It's essentially the same thing. 

If you don't use it, you will technically speaking, always have one. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
7 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

That's the same as expiring.

It's not like they allow you to use the 1 that you didn't use after using the replacement.

As OP said...use it or lose it.

No, not exactly. Again, if you don't use it than it will always be there. You don't "lose" anything. I didn't use one last year and I still had one.

Technically speaking, the discount is always present if unused, it just gets replaced by the exact same thing and they don't stack. The OP is asking if he will lose his discount if he doesn't use it by June.....and the answer is, "no". He will still have a discount if he doesn't use the one he/she currently sees. They just don't stack. 

Again, semantics. 

• Boring 4

[-KAK-]
Members
585 posts
10,936 battles
9 hours ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

Thanks!

So, as others have point out, your coupon will expire in June and be replaced by a new one. Use or Lose. In general, I'd always suggest using it for something unless you won't have enough coil to use the next one in 6 months when it expires.

WG's pretty cagey on release details in general. Basically, I'd look at ships that have been around for a while in testing but there's still been some word of them (They haven't disappeared off the radar entirely). I can't find the list I was looking for, but off the top of my head, the only potential ships you might expect to see in the next month are Shikishima (Steel), FDR (Steel), and maybe Agir (I don't know if I've seen a resource/currency for her yet). Moskva might be available. Don't expect Black/Flint/Neustashimy, they're going in for coal 6 months after they're removed, which is September or something.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles

Unless WG changes things, the maximum coupons you will ever have is 1.  You will have a coupon after June 25, whether you use the one you have now or not.  The old one will not remain and add to the total coupons that you have.  If you have the resources, use the coupon you have now to buy a ship at a discounted price, and then get the chance to buy another one at a discounted price after June 25.  If you don't have the resources for 2 ships, then it doesn't matter.  In the end, you will still have a coupon after June 25. 

[BUOY]
Members
1,023 posts
14,530 battles

If you want to be sure about what to use your coupon on, wait until the last week before expiration, there are tons of ships currently in the pipeline that will / could be released for coal (Ludendorff, Agir/Siegfried and such all the way to Slava) but only WG knows when they actually will be released.

[1984]
Members
4,130 posts
19,959 battles
5 hours ago, Tigermaus said:

That's semantics. It's essentially the same thing. 

If you don't use it, you will technically speaking, always have one. 

try and wrap your mind around this: if you use one, you get another one in june, and if you use that one you used 2 in 1 year. like i said, you get 2 per year and if you dont use them they expire.

[ABCD3]
[ABCD3]
Beta Testers
35 posts
2,091 battles

just get anything that is A: Cruiser and B: fires lots of HE, because that's all this game has become.

[SALVO]
Members
4,473 posts
3,825 battles
5 minutes ago, pcgamer001 said:

just get anything that is A: Cruiser and B: fires lots of HE, because that's all this game has become.

get your story straight guys... one day is SAP, next day HE, next day CVs. This game is becoming so many things in so short a time I can't keep the pace for my shopping list...

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
6,178 posts
22,432 battles
12 hours ago, Tigermaus said:

No, not exactly (Yes...exactly). Again, if you don't use IT than IT (Not "IT"... But ANOTHER ONE) will always be there. You don't "lose" anything (If not used than yes you do lose...specifically..."the opportunity to get a ship at a discounted coal/steel price" w/that coupon) . I didn't use one last year and I still had one (a different 1).

Technically speaking, the discount (nobody asked about the general discount but specifically about "THE...not A...but THE current coupon) is always present if unused, it just gets replaced by the exact same thing and they don't stack. The OP is asking if he will lose his discount (coupon...not discount) if he doesn't use it by June.....and the answer is, "no". He will still have a discount if he doesn't use the one he/she currently sees. They just don't stack. 

Again, semantics.

FTFY (although not all of it...couldn't get through the last paragraph...just too much going south there after the 1st wrong premises)...

" IT" is the operative word you are misinterpreting..."another" & "it" are not synonyms.

Let me quote the OP here:

22 hours ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

• The coal coupon that we have currently will expire in June correct? Use it or lose it, yes?

Thanks!

Those 3 highlighted words specify exactly what OP is enquiring about...(note the usage of the word "The"...used to denote the specific 1 thing...as opposed to using the word A which can be generalized...The cannot).

OP wasn't asking about "the discount" but specifically about "the coupon" (not "the other coupon" that will arrive whether he uses the 1 he has now or not...but specifically about "the coupon" that he "currently" has) that expires (yes, exactly...if he doesn't use it...it will expire) if not used by Jun & is asking if the coupon he presently has will be good after the June date (thus the enquiry as to whether there will be any ships released to use it on between now & then) & the answer is a most definite NO...

When he asked if he doesn't use it will he lose it the answer is a most definite YES...

Semantics is saying something in different words that means the same as saying it normally.

What you're saying is not semantics...when an exact thing (such as "the current coupon") is enquired about...giving an incorrect answer based on a general analogy of similar coupons is not an example of semantics.

• Cool 2

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

Wait, I use it on steel ships, you're supposed to use it on coal?