Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BanCVComplainers

AA Desync / Bug?

16 comments in this topic

[NH]
Members
1,768 posts

Disclaimer: If you want to troll this thread I'm asking you please dont.

As a CV player I've been noticing in just about every game I take AA fire from invisible ships for a few seconds. This is separate from the AA exploit that was just patched that causes a ship to remain air detected 2 seconds after disabling.  This was usually not an issue as the damage was minor but has become more of a problem with the introduction of EU DDs. Whats worse is when Massive AA fire commander skill is used you can lose up to 20%+ of a squadrons HP before the ship firing AA even renders.

My system setup in my signature if you are wondering. My video settings are set to very high preset. I have a 1000 Mbit connection via my ISP with a wired 2.5Gb Ethernet connection. My Ping is around 35ms.

Here are two videos of the problem. The first at full speed and the second in slow motion. I did the math on the slow motion video and my planes lost 16% of their HP before the enemy ship fully rendered.

@Hapa_Fodder Is this a bug?

Edited by Ban_CV_Complainers
  • Boring 2

Members
1,660 posts

It is the same for ships.  You are detected for a second or two before the detecting ship is rendered.  Or at least I am.  I imagine it would be worse for planes given the speed they move at.

• Cool 3

[NH]
Members
1,768 posts
1 minute ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

It is the same for ships.  You are detected for a second or two before the detecting ship is rendered.  Or at least I am.  I imagine it would be worse for planes given the speed they move at.

Audacious planes are actually the slowest. Its worst for Hak and Midway.

Members
1,660 posts
7 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Audacious planes are actually the slowest. Its worst for Hak and Midway.

The slowest planes are still three or four times faster than a ship which makes it difficult to render things in real time.

Ever notice how much squadrons jump around on the mini map?  The same thing happens with RL radar.  The computer predicts where the plane is going to be and then the 'blip' jumps when the next radar scan plots the plane's actual position.

But even as slow as ships are, the game engine doesn't render as quickly as the detection system works.

Edited by Gunga_Dinner
spelling/typo

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles
7 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Pretty much this.  The rendering system in the game is garbage with a big delay between detection and rendering on the screen which is multiplied by the speed of the planes.  WG said a while back there were problems and have "fixed it". lol.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,644 posts
23 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

As a CV player I've been noticing in just about every game I take AA fire from invisible ships for a few seconds.

I think what you are seeing is the ship detecting you at a distance farther than you can detect the ship. You detect the ship only after its AA guns have fired and revealed it but rendering isn't instant. I'm not sure it's instant for any ship. It seems that I can pop my radar but it takes a second or two for the detected ship to appear.

Here is someone's explanation that makes sense:

It's not a bug, but rather something they implemented in the game with the aim to shorten the skill gap between players with good PC and players with bad PC, because they think bad PC renders the ships slower than PC with good specs thus giving people with good PC an advantage.

I know that I've seen other games where the speed of one's PC really made a difference.

Edited by Snargfargle

[NH]
Members
1,768 posts
Just now, Snargfargle said:

I think what you are seeing is the ship detecting you at a distance farther than you can detect the ship. You detect the ship only after its AA guns have fired and revealed it but rendering isn't instant. I'm not sure it's instant for any ship. It seems that I can pop my radar but it takes a second or two for the detected ship to appear.

Her is someone's explanation that makes sense:

The damage my planes take sure is instant because its a feature of the reinforcement. I wonder if both things AA and radar delay for you are one in the same. It just shows there is some latency issues with WoWs. Just like the ship Desync issue. Just to be clear we are not talking about the radar delay that was added for other players on the team. Its meant to not show up for them right away to give the other ship some time to evade. Only the ship using the radar should see the other ships instantly.

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles
2 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

The damage my planes take sure is instant because its a feature of the reinforcement. I wonder if both things AA and radar delay for you are one in the same. It just shows there is some latency issues with WoWs. Just like the ship Desync issue. Just to be clear we are not talking about the radar delay that was added for other players on the team. Its meant to not show up for them right away to give the other ship some time to evade. Only the ship using the radar should see the other ships instantly.

wait a second! you are complaining about a cv issue! your name is ban cv complainers! HA! 

image.jpeg.eb1d43178f0630feae8003dd304dd859.jpeg

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,660 posts
3 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Haven't you ever noticed you see incoming shells before you see the ship that shot them?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,644 posts
13 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Just to be clear we are not talking about the radar delay that was added for other players on the team.

No, there seems to be a delay in rendering after I pop my own radar -- the ship instantly appears on the minimap but when I look at where it should be it takes a second or so for it to actually appear. You may be seeing something similar when AA is firing at you. I may try to test this in the training room to see if I can repeat what I think I'm seeing.

Edit:

I just tested this in the training room. There is a little bit of delay in rendering after you pop radar. The ship doesn't just appear but sort of fades in. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[NH]
Members
1,768 posts
3 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Haven't you ever noticed you see incoming shells before you see the ship that shot them?

Not really. Not saying its not there. I use incoming fire alert and know right away. 

Members
1,660 posts
Just now, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Not really. Not saying its not there. I use incoming fire alert and know right away. 

Incoming fire Alert doesn't change anything.  You'll get the incoming fire Alert and see the shells before the firing ship is rendered if the firing ship was undetected prior to firing.  Just like that AA was hitting you before the undetected ship shooting it was rendered.

Members
1,660 posts
31 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Look at the 15:40ish part of this video.  The red minotaur goes undetected and then shoots.  You see his shells before the minotaur is re-rendered.  That is what happened to your planes and the AA fire from an undetected ship.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles

You call it a bug.

Us DD drivers call it a feature. 

• Cool 2

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,537 posts
13,903 battles
10 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

As a CV player I've been noticing in just about every game I take AA fire from invisible ships for a few seconds. This is separate from the AA exploit that was just patched that causes a ship to remain air detected 2 seconds after disabling.  This was usually not an issue as the damage was minor but has become more of a problem with the introduction of EU DDs. Whats worse is when Massive AA fire commander skill is used you can lose up to 20%+ of a squadrons HP before the ship firing AA even renders.

My system setup in my signature if you are wondering. My video settings are set to very high preset. I have a 1000 Mbit connection via my ISP with a wired 2.5Gb Ethernet connection. My Ping is around 35ms.

Here are two videos of the problem. The first at full speed and the second in slow motion. I did the math on the slow motion video and my planes lost 16% of their HP before the enemy ship fully rendered.

Aloha,

This is just the time difference between the weapons shooting and the ship rendering, since your aircraft are faster than ships normally are, this is noticed more.

That DD was rendered shortly after her guns are firing but since you're flying at the DD and the fire is coming at your aircraft the distance is closed EXTREMELY fast, in this case, faster than the game can render the ship.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,217 posts
5,683 battles
21 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Oink Goltz!
I have the same but only with the new Swedish DDs.
Asap as I see one, I fly away, it's almost impossible to rocket them, there are too many AA bursts, I can't see them.
Apart from that, I never have such a "latency", in your second video it's impressive.
Strange.
Wired 2.5Gb Ethernet connection?
Could you teleport me to Alpha Centauri.
Try smoked bacon in your burgers and drink water when you play.
Oink Goltz!

Sign in to follow this