Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

The /thread of new premium soviet cruisers

14 comments in this topic

Members
616 posts
81 battles

Basically these ships are really bad, the Bogrolltion is just slow and cumbersome not much of a threat. Ochakov on the other hand is even worse, as this ship can be citadelled from the moon and back by other CLs + has 4x less barrels compared other CLs.

For me of the russian origin CLs at tier 8 Kutuzov is still king and if you dont have a kutuzov its sister IRIAN is the next best thing. Irian owns both these ships so get Irian not the new premium russian CLs they are just bad.

/thread

Edited by ___V_E_N_O_M___
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[BNKR]
Members
1,625 posts
2,516 battles
1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Basically these ships are really bad, the Bogrolltion is just slow and cumbersome not much of a threat. Ochakov on the other hand is even worse, as this ship can be citadelled from the moon and back by other CLs + has 4x less barrels compared other CLs.

For me of the russian origin CLs at tier 8 Kutuzov is still king and if you dont have a kutuzov its sister IRIAN is the next best thing. Irian owns both these ships so get Irian not the new premium russian CLs they are just bad.

/thread

How will Irian help train Soviet captains?

[HINON]
Members
13,276 posts
4 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Via magic.

Members
616 posts
81 battles
11 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I mean in terms of performance, IRIAN is the best russian cruiser since Kutuzov is not available

i.e dont buy the new ones

[SIM]
Members
4,936 posts
8,014 battles

Wouldn’t Lazo be a better Kutuzov stand-in for SOVIET captains than Irian? 

Edited by SkaerKrow

Members
616 posts
81 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

Wouldn’t Lazo be a better Kutuzov stand-in for SOVIET captains than Irian? 

Yeh lazo actually tops them

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
4,936 posts
8,014 battles
2 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Yeh lazo actually tops them

Yeah, in a straight up fight I’d expect Lazo to pummel Ochakov. 

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,453 battles
42 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

/thread

If you think Bagration isn't much of a threat.........look at her AP pen values, plus the fact she has improved AP pen angles.  Fairly tanky when angled, long range, fast, it has plenty of good qualities and not too many weaknesses.  It's actually one of the better balanced premium cruisers I've seen in a while.

• Boring 1

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,127 posts
7,992 battles
32 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

If you think Bagration isn't much of a threat.........look at her AP pen values, plus the fact she has improved AP pen angles.  Fairly tanky when angled, long range, fast, it has plenty of good qualities and not too many weaknesses.  It's actually one of the better balanced premium cruisers I've seen in a while.

The Bagration can be a threat if you're caught broadside....but at the end of the day it still has heavy cruiser pen with heavy cruiser alpha and the DPM is nothing special while the rear turret angles are awful.  If you angle and have good positioning, it's not a scary ship, while it's also covered mostly in 25mm plating, so I'd hardly call it extraordinarily tanky. 

I don't think it's a bad ship, but its strength is largely predicated on its opposition misplaying.

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,453 battles
3 hours ago, yashma said:

The Bagration can be a threat if you're caught broadside....but at the end of the day it still has heavy cruiser pen with heavy cruiser alpha and the DPM is nothing special while the rear turret angles are awful.  If you angle and have good positioning, it's not a scary ship, while it's also covered mostly in 25mm plating, so I'd hardly call it extraordinarily tanky. 

I don't think it's a bad ship, but its strength is largely predicated on its opposition misplaying.

B turret does have poor firing angles aft but it's not too big a deal.  I didn't say it's extraordinarily tanky, I said fairly tanky which is due to the fact that she has better belt armor than pretty much any other cruiser at that tier, she has an icebreaker bow, and she has Repair Party. It's just ridiculous for the OP to claim she's really bad and not much of a threat.

Have you played it?

Edited by Aaron_S_Merrill

Members
1,493 posts
10,860 battles

but all the CC said it was OP! it really feels like the CC are just trying their hardest to milk the russian bias conspiracy for views now because from day one neither of these ships competed with atago as far as tier 8 cruiser premiums.

Edited by ITZ_ACE_BABY
  • Cool 1

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,127 posts
7,992 battles
4 hours ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

It's just ridiculous for the OP to claim she's really bad and not much of a threat.

I wouldn't call her "really bad", but I would also not call her threatening to fight against.  The HE is quite bad, the AP DPM isn't anything special either, and it still has heavy cruiser alpha and penetration while being covered in 25mm plating.  It's only really a threat if you misplay or make mistakes (which can be said for most ships in the game).

4 hours ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Have you played it?

Yes.  I'm a tester.  

Members
616 posts
81 battles
8 hours ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

B turret does have poor firing angles aft but it's not too big a deal.  I didn't say it's extraordinarily tanky, I said fairly tanky which is due to the fact that she has better belt armor than pretty much any other cruiser at that tier, she has an icebreaker bow, and she has Repair Party. It's just ridiculous for the OP to claim she's really bad and not much of a threat.

Have you played it?

I dont need to play it, I play Lazo, Irian, Bayard and Mainz. Which all outperform bagation. There will never be a situation where the latter wins unless the player is really bad.

If you want I can play Mainz and you Baga in the training and I'll show you what I mean by bad. You will get bored of even trying to hit me

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,453 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I dont need to play it, I play Lazo, Irian, Bayard and Mainz. Which all outperform bagation. There will never be a situation where the latter wins unless the player is really bad.

If you want I can play Mainz and you Baga in the training and I'll show you what I mean by bad. You will get bored of even trying to hit me

Just because certain ships may be as good or a bit better than Bagration doesn't mean it's a bad ship.  

Sign in to follow this