Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Thanos_Snap_

Thank You Wargaming

51 comments in this topic

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,107 battles

For completely killing my interest in the new Soviet cruisers.
At first I was actually excited since you've had a history of being extremely fair with line splits before. But I guess you've decided to go full on stingy now. Making very sure us players get absolutely nothing from this split or reimburse permacamo purchases when changing the status of a ship.

That's how you know things have truly gone downhill with management of this game when, even for Russian cruisers, WG still lets the bean counters make all the decisions. Heaven forbid you reimburse REAL and DEVALUED cash purchases with pixel currencies. Or even just pixel currencies for pixel currencies.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
5 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

What perma camo do you want reimbursement for and why?  Just curious

The Moskva. It's being made a Special ship and people who research the ship are being given the ship and perma camo for free, while others already paid 5000 doubloons for it.

• Cool 1

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,107 battles
3 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

What perma camo do you want reimbursement for and why?  Just curious

It's not in this patch but, Moskva will no longer be a tech tree ship and will be a special ship in the armory.
I have had Moskva in my port for years and the permacamo as well. So I didn't just hastily buy it recently hoping WG would give me something for it.
But its a 5000 doubloon purchase. Special ships come with a permanent camo for free. Essentially I have paid for a camouflage that WG has now released for free. I am not asking for a cash refund, or even a full doubloon refund. Just SOME form of compensation. But nope, we get nil. 

Additionally Moskva is being replaced with a new tier 10 ship in the tech tree and we still have to grind it out on Donskoi AGAIN. 

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,470 posts
7 minutes ago, Tigermaus said:

The Moskva. It's being made a Special ship and people who research the ship are being given the ship and perma camo for free, while others already paid 5000 doubloons for it.

I paid for the premium camo on my Implacable and right now you can get one that does the same exact thing for free.  It happens.  WG usually only does it long after the people who paid money had lots of time to reap benefits.  Not that big of a deal, to me anyway.

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I paid for the premium camo on my Implacable and right now you can get one that does the same exact thing for free.  It happens.  WG usually only does it long after the people who paid money had lots of time to reap benefits.  Not that big of a deal, to me anyway.

Thats not a fair comparison since it's an additional camo. The Moskva perm camo is just being given away. The Implacable camo you are getting was never 5K doubloons. 

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,107 battles

Also, why is it so hard for WG to just credit moskva owners the amount of XP needed to research petropavlovsk?

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
7,470 posts
Just now, Tigermaus said:

Thats not a fair comparison since it's an additional camo. The Moskva perm camo is just being given away. The Implacable camo you are getting was never 5K doubloons. 

I am pretty sure that the free premium camo for the moskva is not the same camo that people paid for.  I could be wrong but really, in the place of my implacable camo, I could care less if it's the same or not.  I paid for the benefits it gives. 

I agreed to make a deal with WG and that deal was complete.  If WG makes a new deal with other players, later, that's up to them I really don't care.

[A-D-F]
7,470 posts
2 minutes ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

Also, why is it so hard for WG to just credit moskva owners the amount of XP needed to research petropavlovsk?

They are giving Moskva owners a free premium T10 ship that other people are going to have to pay a bunch of money for, later.  That seems pretty nice of them.

That's the problem with giving people free stuff.  No matter what ya do, it isn't enough free stuff to make everyone happy.  Some always want more.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I am pretty sure that the free premium camo for the moskva is not the same camo that people paid for.  I could be wrong but really, in the place of my implacable camo, I could care less if it's the same or not.  I paid for the benefits it gives. 

I agreed to make a deal with WG and that deal was complete.  If WG makes a new deal with other players, later, that's up to them I really don't care.

I believe it's the same camo. There should be compensation for those that already spent money on it. It doesn't have to be monetary  compensation, but how about the replacement ship's perm camo for free. Anybody who researched the Moskva gets the ship and perm camo for free.

The stuff they pull is just bad business. It has nothing to do with what they can can't do, it has everything to do with what they should do.

• Cool 1

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,107 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

They are giving Moskva owner a free premium T10 ship.  That seems pretty nice of them.

No they are not. Special ships are NOT premium. They are economically identical to tech tree tier 10s with a permanent camo. Only theirs is free. My Moskva camo costed me 5000 doubloons. But anyone who gets moskva in the armory will be getting the same permacamo I paid for, for free.

• Cool 1

Members
217 posts
9,690 battles

Yeah anyone who paid cash for the Moskva perma camo should get the new Heavy cruiser perma camo. Doesn't seem right not to :(

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

They are giving Moskva owners a free premium T10 ship that other people are going to have to pay a bunch of money for, later.  That seems pretty nice of them.

That's the problem with giving people free stuff.  No matter what ya do, it isn't enough free stuff to make everyone happy.  Some always want more.

Stop being an [edited]. 

It has nothing to do with people wanting more free stuff. It's the principle behind it. Go look up principles, since you don't seem to get it. 

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
7,470 posts
Just now, Thanos_Snap_ said:

No they are not. Special ships are NOT premium. They are economically identical to tech tree tier 10s with a permanent camo. Only theirs is free. My Moskva camo costed me 5000 doubloons. But anyone who gets moskva in the armory will be getting the same permacamo I paid for, for free.

Ok so a free special ship isn't enough?

Again, you made a deal with WG and that deal was complete.  It never said that WG would never make a different deal with other people later.

They could compensate you, I agree that it would be nice, but I am not going to be mad about it.  A deal was a deal and both parties held up the agreement.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
7,470 posts
1 minute ago, Tigermaus said:

Stop being an [edited]. 

It has nothing to do with people wanting more free stuff. It's the principle behind it. Go look up principles, since you don't seem to get it. 

I feel quite the opposite.  That per my principals, I made an agreement and that agreement was met.  I am owned nothing above and beyond that agreement.

If they want to, of their own good will, that's cool.  I am not owed it though.

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,107 battles

It has nothing to do with people wanting more free stuff. It's the principal behind it. Go look up principles, since you don't seem to get it. 

The amount of cognitive dissonance in this forum is unreal.

WG: Makes a reasonable decision that is designed to make them money. 
This forum: REEEEE WG greedy!!!

WG: Makes a questionable decision designed to make them money.
Someone: Complains about questionable decision.
This forum: Stop whining baby, you get what you paid for. They are a business after all

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
7,470 posts

As another example there is a premium DD in the armory right now, the blyskawica, for coal, which is free to get by playing the game (just like you had to grind the moskva to get the upgraded "special" version).  People paid real money for it but now anyone can have it for free.

I don't see an outrage about it.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I feel quite the opposite.  That per my principals, I made an agreement and that agreement was met.  I am owned nothing above and beyond that agreement.

If they want to, of their own good will, that's cool.  I am not owed it though.

Nobody said anything about being owed something. No idea where that came from. 

I bet every company wishes all their customers were exactly like you. 

[A-D-F]
7,470 posts

Nobody said anything about being owed something. No idea where that came from. 

OP did.  He feels that he is owed compensation because other's get the camo for free.  That's the whole point of his thread.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
3 minutes ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

The amount of cognitive dissonance in this forum is unreal.

WG: Makes a reasonable decision that is designed to make them money. 
This forum: REEEEE WG greedy!!!

WG: Makes a questionable decision designed to make them money.
Someone: Complains about questionable decision.
This forum: Stop whining baby, you get what you paid for. They are a business after all

Pretty much.

Some people here seem to lack common sense. Their loss.

[GT99]
Members
745 posts
12,001 battles

So, you go to the store and purchase something and find out the next day that they are giving them away for free now. Do you actually, with a straight face, think that the store now owes you a refund? I'm sorry but @Burnsy is correct on this one. You made an agreement with a purchase, nowhere in that agreement did it say that WG could not give it away free at a later date.

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,107 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

OP did.  He feels that he is owed compensation because other's get the camo for free.  That's the whole point of his thread.

Yes I do feel that I am owed compensation because WGs history with line switches has always been up to this point very pro-player. Now it is not. I feel at the very least entitled to voice my displeasure on the matter. 

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,107 battles
2 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

So, you go to the store and purchase something and find out the next day that they are giving them away for free now. Do you actually, with a straight face, think that the store now owes you a refund? I'm sorry but @Burnsy is correct on this one. You made an agreement with a purchase, nowhere in that agreement did it say that WG could not give it away free at a later date.

This is not a TJ Maxx

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
4 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Uhh...most stores allow you to bring the receipt back and get a refund or the difference back. 

At least here in the US. We call it customer service. 

Again, nobody said they "couldn't" do what they are doing, that doesn't mean their process is any less questionable. 

[GT99]
Members
745 posts
12,001 battles
Just now, Thanos_Snap_ said:

This is not a TJ Maxx

Not a valid argument, sorry.

Sign in to follow this