You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
hyuuu

Old replays crashing after update 0.9.4

8 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
97 posts
11,889 battles

After the new update 0.9.4 dropped, all replays created before the patch no longer work.

image.thumb.png.3ac20b91db257df9c2354e4de3872a88.png

You will simply reach the end of the loading screen and the client will crash with this error message. 
Replays created after the patch still seem to work normally.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,913 posts
15,264 battles
1 minute ago, hyuuu said:

You will simply reach the end of the loading screen and the client will crash with this error message. 
Replays created after the patch still seem to work normally.

That is how it work since WoWs replays are out.

The best alternative ways to keep replays is you actually used a different video capture software

ie. your graphic card will come with separate software, use this instead of WoWs replay file

OR

converting software <-- some are free, some you have to pay for the licence

[WORX]
Members
10,610 posts
18,506 battles

Replays from what I understand, can be viewed for the patch it was from... When the new patch comes, you need the old patch of the game from the replay to see it...

(Jingles mentiones this when he reviews replays for his channel).

IF you want to save a replay, you need to record it before the next game patch drops..

Edited by Navalpride33

[TNG]
Members
97 posts
11,889 battles

Where can we find the old patch of the game when the WoWs Game Center automatically and forcibly overwrites it?

[WORX]
Members
10,610 posts
18,506 battles
1 minute ago, hyuuu said:

Where can we find the old patch of the game when the WoWs Game Center automatically and forcibly overwrites it?

WGC doesn't do it automatically, you can disable it from the WGC options *Download. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles

That is how it has always been in all three games. If you have older replays you need a copy of the game from the patch that the replay is from. You can simply copy the WoWS folder to another spot on your computer and them drag the replay to that exe.

[TNG]
Members
97 posts
11,889 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

WGC doesn't do it automatically, you can disable it from the WGC options *Download. 

The problem is it is already been done, so the old patch is gone and overwritten. 

My question is where would I even find the old patch now even if I disable the automatic updates?

[WORX]
Members
10,610 posts
18,506 battles
7 minutes ago, hyuuu said:

The problem is it is already been done, so the old patch is gone and overwritten. 

My question is where would I even find the old patch now even if I disable the automatic updates?

Double check with @LittleWhiteMouse concerning the following on the topic...

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/398461-how-to-watch-replays-old-new/

Its a little old but she is good at posting good information.