Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BladedPheonix

please buff AA guns Modification 1

4 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,859 posts
15,760 battles

Howdy sailors,

first off hope your all doing good and are healthy!:Smile_hiding:

Now, I'd like to suggest a buff to the AA guns Mod 1!

Reason being is because

1: In its current state it literally doesn't do anything to inspire players to pick it over other mods in its catagory.

and

2:  even with sector aa activated, it does little to help protect against air attacks to begin with, thus making this buff all but useless

which is why I'd like to ask WG to please consider either giving it a +10% damage per second buff or a range boost buff of .5 Km. or maybe even both.

What's your thoughts on the matter though, what buffs would you like to have on this equipment? or do you think it's fine as is?

please comment below!

until next time,

I'll C'ya on the Seas!:cap_look:

P.S. please check out my USS California Event Thread Suggestion and maybe leave a comment on there as well!

[WORX]
Members
10,595 posts
18,494 battles

AA needs revamp... Well

• AA Mech
  • CVs

These two issues result with a high % of complaints of disproportionate game play in a match (close third is AP and lastly useless 157MM and below guns).

In other words, its needs to go back to the drawing board... Taking it to the repair ship is IMO a waste of time.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,859 posts
15,760 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

AA needs revamp... Well

• AA Mech
  • CVs

These two issues result with a high % of complaints of disproportionate game play in a match (close third is AP and lastly useless 157MM and below guns).

In other words, its needs to go back to the drawing board... Taking it to the repair ship is IMO a waste of time.

I know what you mean.

Honestly I prefered the old CV system. this new one feels more like it should have been used for the X-box and PS4?:cap_hmm: wouldn't complain if it were brought back.

still its kills me than when I play a heavy AA ship that before the rework CVs would think twice before attacking, can now just seemingly fly straight though the flak and gunfire of often single and or multiple ships and then inflict damage on players. Especially if it was an AA specific ship to begin with such as Atlanta, Texas and Wooster.:cap_rambo:

• Boring 1

Members
23 posts
2,840 battles
On 5/14/2020 at 8:39 PM, BladedPheonix said:

Honestly I prefered the old CV system. this new one feels more like it should have been used for the X-box and PS4?:cap_hmm: wouldn't complain if it were brought back.

still its kills me than when I play a heavy AA ship that before the rework CVs would think twice before attacking, can now just seemingly fly straight though the flak and gunfire of often single and or multiple ships and then inflict damage on players. Especially if it was an AA specific ship to begin with such as Atlanta, Texas and Wooster.:cap_rambo:

+1 on the revert to the old system.  That was a big draw to CV play for me, doing it RTS tactical style rather than in your face action.  Made for a nice, relaxing mode to play after doing other ship types.

As for the rest...the cv that flies through that heavy AA will lose several planes to it.  I still avoid heavy AA ships so that I can still have planes left to be flying by the end of the match.  As it is, much of the time by the later match there are no complete squadrons available anymore, depending on how heavy any particular type was used.  If anything, AA damage is fine, but range needs to be cut a good bit, because the planes should be coming in to begin with too high for AA to target.  I've seen some ships that can destroy an entire squadron of rockets before a single attack can be launched between sector reinforcement and the AA enhancement consumable.  The Pan Euro DD in particular can shred whole squadrons in moments.

Edited by Original_Digital_Terror

Sign in to follow this