You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hotorgolf

Had Enough Fun

22 comments in this topic

Members
52 posts
7,887 battles

I've been playing for a few years as a freebie but back in December I purchased premium for the year. I'm not a great player little over 52% WR and I've worked hard to slowly raise my other numbers though they're nothing to right home about. I started playing the game for the joy of playing surface battles, sans CVs and only played one CV battle in 6000+. I don't hate them, just had no desire to play them.

Don't have any T10 ships and only a handful of T9s but for quite awhile I was enjoying the game. Over time though I began to get more frustrated with a number of things in the game, the usual fodder for posts here but I tried to find ways to work around them and continue getting some enjoyment out of the game.

I stopped playing about a week and a half ago and I have no plans to start again even though I have 300+ days of premium remaining. I'm not here to rant or whine. All I'm saying is for me all of the things and now subs have sucked the fun out of this game for me.

There are many of you who still find enjoyment in the game and I say good for you (not sarcastically).

It was fun but in the grand scheme it's just an arcade game and there are way better ways to spend my time.

• Cool 13
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
4,358 posts
3,781 battles
18 minutes ago, Hotorgolf said:

I've been playing for a few years as a freebie but back in December I purchased premium for the year. I'm not a great player little over 52% WR and I've worked hard to slowly raise my other numbers though they're nothing to right home about. I started playing the game for the joy of playing surface battles, sans CVs and only played one CV battle in 6000+. I don't hate them, just had no desire to play them.

Don't have any T10 ships and only a handful of T9s but for quite awhile I was enjoying the game. Over time though I began to get more frustrated with a number of things in the game, the usual fodder for posts here but I tried to find ways to work around them and continue getting some enjoyment out of the game.

I stopped playing about a week and a half ago and I have no plans to start again even though I have 300+ days of premium remaining. I'm not here to rant or whine. All I'm saying is for me all of the things and now subs have sucked the fun out of this game for me.

There are many of you who still find enjoyment in the game and I say good for you (not sarcastically).

It was fun but in the grand scheme it's just an arcade game and there are way better ways to spend my time.

Good luck in your new games mate,

I'm also a FTP, left this game 3 years ago but came back a couple of months ago for another round of shipies. The thruth is, after xK number of matches pressing that button turns boring, in the end is the same thing over and over most of the time. We make excuses, we blame the CVs or Subs or the powercreep or the playerbase but in the end it is just the game lost its shine due to repetition. No shame in leaving for fresh fun, after all this is a game, not marriage. Maybe your relationship with the game was already strugling, maybe you thought that by spending money it would improve and you'll get back to the fun times you had when things were fresh... never works that way bro. 

Have fun. Maybe a year from now you can re-visit your port queen for some booty call.

• Cool 3

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,978 posts
20,683 battles
34 minutes ago, Hotorgolf said:

Currently subs ate in a separate battle mode that's not live yet.

I detect a rant about nothing...

Gl and HD in your future.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 2

[YOU]
[YOU]
Members
113 posts
10,929 battles

I will never leave this game ever! I will pass this game to my grand children.

Edited by You13
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 1

Members
597 posts
7,307 battles

Its a great game but it could be much better with PVe type extended campaign scenarios of real world events. Battle of the North Atlantic, Last Voyage of Yammy, Midway etc... It is freaking crazy they haven't dedicated the resources

to set this up as a expanded game mode or DLC. They would sell tons of this crap even for a permo camo at the end. This would alleviate some of the boredom of randoms overload. But RU was never about invention always about 

copying. I guess they don't think out of the box much, idk. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
989 posts
39 minutes ago, Steeler_Nation_USA said:

Its a great game but it could be much better with PVe type extended campaign scenarios of real world events. Battle of the North Atlantic, Last Voyage of Yammy, Midway etc... It is freaking crazy they haven't dedicated the resources

to set this up as a expanded game mode or DLC. They would sell tons of this crap even for a permo camo at the end. This would alleviate some of the boredom of randoms overload. But RU was never about invention always about 

copying. I guess they don't think out of the box much, idk. 

To WG as they said not to in their plans in the near and now prolonged future to work on anything PVE. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse they nailed the payouts for ops to the wall. It's not the players fault they are played over and over . It's one of the funnest things pve has . And then not adding content just makes it that much more  boring for sure.

[RLGN]
Members
14,272 posts
25,119 battles
14 minutes ago, Versili said:

To WG as they said not to in their plans in the near and now prolonged future to work on anything PVE. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse they nailed the payouts for ops to the wall. It's not the players fault they are played over and over . It's one of the funnest things pve has . And then not adding content just makes it that much more  boring for sure.

Yeah; how dare the players not populate Randoms? Don’t they know they should happily throw themselves upon the fodder altar for the deep purples!?! (‘BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD...!’ No, wait; wrong game, sorry.)

Never learn the lessons from Tanks; drag them over to Warships, with many players kicking and screaming in protest all the while; then as much as say they don’t care what players want; because they should be playing Randoms in the first place.

Who cares about players not interested in competitive play; who cares about players that recognize their own suckage, but at least want to feel they can win, even if only in Co-op; who cares about players that just want a break from the stress and pace of Randoms.

Like I’ve said about how the carrier rework, and how more recent issues were handled; I’ve little sympathy for WG. As far as I’m concerned they deserve every jot of grief they draw.

• Cool 4

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
989 posts
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yeah; how dare the players not populate Randoms? Don’t they know they should happily throw themselves upon the fodder altar for the deep purples!?! (‘BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD...!’ No, wait; wrong game, sorry.)

Never learn the lessons from Tanks; drag them over to Warships, with many players kicking and screaming in protest all the while; then as much as say they don’t care what players want; because they should be playing Randoms in the first place.

Who cares about players not interested in competitive play; who cares about players that recognize their own suckage, but at least want to feel they can win, even if only in Co-op; who cares about players that just want a break from the stress and pace of Randoms.

Like I’ve said about how the carrier rework, and how more recent issues were handled; I’ve little sympathy for WG. As far as I’m concerned they deserve every jot of grief they draw.

Well said. :Smile_honoring:

Played randoms, played ranked and suddenly I came across something FUN. OH WAIT!!!! That's was before they screwed up all those Operations and sent them to that great drydock in the virtual sky. And those left behind will eventually grow stale no thanks to the nerf ...thanks WG ,U all dat and more. Pfft !!!!:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,607 posts
5 hours ago, Hotorgolf said:

Most people get burnt out on games eventually. Go do something else and if you get a hankering to pick it back up then come play WOWS again. It really doesn't matter one way or the other. Like you said, it's just a game.

I probably would have stopped playing WOWS long ago if it didn't have a decent forum. The gaming forum for the game I currently play is about the only one I post on.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,878 posts
17,913 battles

Everyone is different.  We like different colors.  Ice cream flavors.  Food.  Games.. And genres within games.  yada yada.  WOWS is supposed to be FUN!!!  If it's not fun, that's nothing bad for those who don't have fun.  It's like food, colors, and ice cream.  Some you like...some you don't.  That's life.  I love WOWS and will play as long as I continue to have fun.  If I didn't have fun, I would not be here.  And if anyone isn't having fun, there is nothing wrong with moving on.  Find enjoyment in life.

Now...pass me a napkin so I can get this vanilla bean ice cream off my mouse.  

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[IRNBN]
Members
3,355 posts
9,746 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

If I didn't have fun, I would not be here.  And if anyone isn't having fun, there is nothing wrong with moving on.  Find enjoyment in life.

100% this. Life is too short to waste on being voluntarily unhappy even for a moment.

Edited by So_lt_Goes

Members
740 posts
9,789 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Most people get burnt out on games eventually. Go do something else and if you get a hankering to pick it back up then come play WOWS again. It really doesn't matter one way or the other. Like you said, it's just a game.

I probably would have stopped playing WOWS long ago if it didn't have a decent forum. The gaming forum for the game I currently play is about the only one I post on.

As often as I disagree with Snarf, (mostly regarding CV's), on this I think he's spot on.  I've played a number of games over the years and burned out on every one of them.  Some last longer than others like EQ and UWO which I played regularly for years, (14 for the former),  and still pop in on them from time to time.  Others I burned out on in months.  WOWS is no different.  I'm way past my maximum game-play level for various reasons but mostly it's just burn out.  LIKE EQ and UWO I don't expect I'll ever quit WOWS entirely but I very much doubt, unless something really exciting occurs, that I'll ever pick it back up the way I used to.

[SIDE]
Members
4,662 posts

Okie dokie.

Goodbye smokie.

See you next time when,

the desire to play sets in.

Enjoy your freedom.

Do as you please.

Fair winds and following seas.

Edited by thebigblue

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,339 posts
12,347 battles

When a game is no longer fun just set it aside and try something new. You could also try joining a clan to have more people to division with as that for me makes the game fun.

[RNG]
Members
44 posts
22,120 battles
13 hours ago, Hotorgolf said:

This isn't an airport -- you do not need to announce your departure.

• Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,868 posts
16,254 battles
7 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Now...pass me a napkin so I can get this vanilla bean ice cream off my mouse.  

You, dear lady, understand what's important in life!

HG-Natural_Vanilla_Bean-624x494.png.3bc2c6afeec32ed6154381371ccbe057.png

Not to mention they make Homemade Vanilla, Peaches and Homemade Vanilla, Strawberries and Homemade Vanilla & Cherry Vanilla! ... yum

• Cool 1

[REKTD]
Members
237 posts
9,581 battles

Awesome comments here. Life is more important than games, and for some of us it’s a nice reminder that we should not lose sight of. Good luck in all future endeavors.

I still have fun with the game. Of all the games I’ve played, this one oddly remains fun. I am surprisingly looking forward to subs, most likely because of the excitement my child displays. I am tired of CVs, and just wish there were more game modes that we could enjoy the ships in with out enduring the frustration that is Randoms. 

It is also important to note that this is one of the few (and best looking) Naval / Surface Warship themed games. Sadly, Steel Ocean has been shut down; I never got to try that one and feel bad now. Competition drives quality, and WG appears to now have a monopoly.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,510 posts
13,885 battles
14 hours ago, Hotorgolf said:

Aloha,

Sorry to see you go, but as I always say, everyone eventually out grows games they enjoy or play often.

That being said, I think it's not a bad thing to take a break from time to time and do other things, especially with current events being what they are. I myself have taken breaks when certain other games went live!.

YOU and your well being should always be first and foremost! 

Fair winds and following seas!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,607 posts
6 hours ago, Malamute_Kid said:

I've played a number of games over the years and burned out on every one of them. I don't expect I'll ever quit WOWS entirely but I very much doubt, unless something really exciting occurs, that I'll ever pick it back up the way I used to.

Back when I was studying philosophy in the early 90s I simply adored Master of Orion. After class I had to work but after work I'd scurry home and boot up the computer and play MOO for hours. I hardly even turned on my TV that year. I installed WG's MOO update, the graphics of which far surpass the original, but found it sort of "meh" compared to the faster-paced multiplayer interaction of WOWS.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,387 posts
15,783 battles
15 hours ago, Hotorgolf said:

Thanks for the heads up. Good luck to you.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

quits game due to something that isn't even in game yet? and due to something that has been here since the beginning... yet they joined to play without...?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,207 posts
5,634 battles
23 hours ago, Hotorgolf said:

Oink Goltz!

It means you never paid during 5 years and now that you pay, you leave.
Are you doing business that way?
Unless you are trying to sell your account, I do not see also why you write this.
I guess everybody will agree with Goltz, Supreme Commander, nobody is interested by your post.
Please delete.
Oink Goltz!

• Boring 1