You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkywhaleExpress

Apologies to victims of being on my team the last 100 battles.

30 comments in this topic

[STW-A]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,216 posts
17,578 battles

To whom it may concern,

I apologize for any suffering you went through while on my teams... 

I've been trying the Enterprise out in both co op and in Random. Co Ops end too quickly with bots ramming/TK'ing each other, so I said to heck with it, and tried to just test 100 battles in Randoms. 

100 battles. 95 of them solo. 84 as bottom tier, 6 as top tier. Primarily focusing on that "harass the DD first" mentality... 37 wins... lol...

I'm done with my test... the new system is just not for me. I can't protect my team from strikes, and I can't get anyone to focus anything I spot/harass. Can't get them to focus fire on AA boats either. At least in the old system I was a bit above average. This system requires unicum skill to be able to solo at anywhere near 50%, let alone focusing DD for several minutes curbs any damage potential I can do. But, the high damage games (97k was my best) were super losses. 

If you were a victim of being on my team, I sincerely apologize. But, I wanted to give this new system an honest try. I just don't like it. I can't really play support role, nor can I dev strike anyone. People saying it's an OP CV, they may be right... but this whole new system is just illogical and full of inability to support my teams. 

• Cool 2

[STW-A]
1,216 posts
17,578 battles

P.S. This wasn't a "bag on the new system" thing... if a majority of y'all actually like this new mechanic, who am I to argue? I was just a slightly above average CV in the old one anyway. But, I was able to maintain 50%+ on all but Essex.. (that was terrible for me, until I just flew strike and selfishly used my fighters to defend against Taiho fighters.... that did help me grind from 39% to 46% before I took a long break from the game to play SWG Legends) ... 

(oh, by the way, I had been gone since 2018, before the change.. that's why I'm still calling it "new") 

[ANG]
Members
13 posts
406 battles

I don't think I was on your team, but I'm suffering to a whole new level of unholy.

Kept waiting for a battle to load, then the game crashed, and when I kept trying to rejoin, it's just a black screen. Tried asking for help, no response for an unbelievable 10 minutes, and by this point, my account probably got reported for "inactivity" because some snowflake got mad. Ended with me giving up and I uninstalled. Mock me if you will, but I'm tired of being stressed out of fear of being reported for stuff I can't control.

• Cool 1

Members
330 posts
16,281 battles

Wait, CVs focusing DDs doesn't lead to huge win rates? And it requires skill to do well?

I am shocked.

(seriously though OP, I am sorry for what sounds to be a miserable experience; just tired of the usual Forum Flood of Tears)

[STW-A]
1,216 posts
17,578 battles
6 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

Wait, CVs focusing DDs doesn't lead to huge win rates? And it requires skill to do well?

I am shocked.

(seriously though OP, I am sorry for what sounds to be a miserable experience; just tired of the usual Forum Flood of Tears)

I'm not tearing. I'm literally apologizing for if anyone was upset by my dismal performance in the new system. I dunno if you were able to read that? I literally said that here:

"P.S. This wasn't a "bag on the new system" thing... if a majority of y'all actually like this new mechanic, who am I to argue?"

[RLGN]
Members
14,272 posts
25,119 battles

Yeah, WG can take their WoWP lite and go take a flying leap with it.

”OH, PLANES ARE INVINCIBLE!”

And yet my planes always die like a cloud of gnats getting sprayed by a can of Raid.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[STW-A]
1,216 posts
17,578 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yeah, WG can take their WoWP lite and go take a flying leap with it.

”OH, PLANES ARE INVINCIBLE!”

And yet my planes always die like a cloud of gnats getting sprayed by a can of Raid.

If it were wowp-lite, I'd actually be able to fly the planes and aim with the actual joystick. This is herky/jerky WASD. I commend people whom are good at the new system. 

[WORX]
Members
10,619 posts
18,506 battles

Its Co-op, you have nothing to apologize or be shameful of, no need for apologize there... IF you encounter someone in Co-op being rude for learning, report him.

Co-op is the learning center of the game.. No need to feel bad for using Co-op for its intended purpose.

• Cool 1

[STW-A]
1,216 posts
17,578 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Its Co-op, you have nothing to apologize or be shameful of, no need for apologize there... IF you encounter someone in Co-op being rude for learning, report him.

Co-op is the learning center of the game.. No need to feel bad for using Co-op for its intended purpose.

No... I was a few in co op, but they ended to quickly to even have time to try striking. Like, less than 5 minute matches.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,565 posts
11,145 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Come on Naval he said he did 100 random solo games and won only 37 . Still has nothing to apologize for though .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 2

[BUOY]
Members
999 posts
14,477 battles

At this point if you really want to try CV's again, just get in an 899 div, that way even if you're facing a unicum CV, they ain't gonna be much of an issue vs your team thanks to all the maneuvering they gotta do to not end up like the HMS Glorious.

[WORX]
Members
10,619 posts
18,506 battles

2 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Come on Naval he said he did 100 random solo games and won only 37 . 

Clem I am only going with what he stated... I am defending his right to learn in co-op... Now in Random, yeah especially at high tiers... People are salty...

You need more then sugar to calm down the pitch forks of High tier Random salt... Man people are brutal in high tier randoms lately. Yikes!

Members
330 posts
16,281 battles
20 minutes ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

I dunno if you were able to read that?

Oh yes. But two-three posts a day are not as even handed as you are.

Edited by Telastyn

[STW-A]
1,216 posts
17,578 battles
2 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

Oh yes. But two-three posts a day are not as even handed as you are.

Ah... Well, heck.. even I got salty at lack of teamwork this past 3 ish days.

But, hey.. I just learned Training Room has live bots with toggling difficulty now... and allows 60 minute matches. I'll "learn to time/aim drops" in there... then maybe play a few more...

One of my biggest issues is where on the ship to drops the rockets to get consistent fires. 

[RLGN]
Members
14,272 posts
25,119 battles
18 minutes ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

If it were wowp-lite, I'd actually be able to fly the planes and aim with the actual joystick. This is herky/jerky WASD. I commend people whom are good at the new system. 

lol

I’ve called it WG’s SNES flight sim a few times.

16 minutes ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

No... I was a few in co op, but they ended to quickly to even have time to try striking. Like, less than 5 minute matches.

Co-op is where you gotta channel a bit of your inner crazy; push up if you can, take risks, and attack like there’s no tomorrow.

It’s dog eat dog, fighting for scraps.

Then there are the teams that fold like wet noodles, games which play out for twenty minutes, and give me, some of the time, the closest thing I can have to my old RTS experiences in carriers.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Clem I am only going with what he stated... I am defending his right to learn in co-op... Now in Random, yeah especially at high tiers... People are salty...

You need more then sugar to calm down the pitch forks of High tier Random salt... Man people are brutal in high tier randoms lately. Yikes!

I tend to be easy going, polite, and just try to outthink problems I face. But I can objectively see how people in Randoms could get frustrated by CVs. I have had to put a lot of extra effort into overhauling much of my fleet of ships so that they can deal with CVs. So like for example take a tier 7 cruiser like Myoko can do just fine with a 10-12 point captain, higher level would give added bonuses but 10-12 is perfectly fine. But with CVs attacking ships your looking at 15 point captain if not 19 to better counter the CVs by taking BFT and maybe some extra survival skills. And that’s just 1 ship, imagine across the board having to refit captains and ships.

Then you get into added signal flags needs, getting sunk by something you can’t shoot at when you might otherwise have won the battle. The list goes on. And I have jokingly some times called CVs “Vultures” because that’s what their planes act as. They circle you until your badly damage and then they feast on your ship, unless your a weaker AA ship like a DD in which case they will feast immediately.

And with subs arriving I would hate to be the one using a CV as you can imagine what the primary target of many subs will be. Revenge for the months of pain the CVs have cause since the Rework, or actually since RTS Graf Zeppelin and those AP Bombs arrived, that’s when CVs really started getting out of hand and have been spinner big out of control ever since to be honest.

So while I can’t condone the hateful actions of players towards CV players, I can understand why so many players are angry.

[STW-A]
1,216 posts
17,578 battles
13 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I tend to be easy going, polite, and just try to outthink problems I face. But I can objectively see how people in Randoms could get frustrated by CVs. I have had to put a lot of extra effort into overhauling much of my fleet of ships so that they can deal with CVs. So like for example take a tier 7 cruiser like Myoko can do just fine with a 10-12 point captain, higher level would give added bonuses but 10-12 is perfectly fine. But with CVs attacking ships your looking at 15 point captain if not 19 to better counter the CVs by taking BFT and maybe some extra survival skills. And that’s just 1 ship, imagine across the board having to refit captains and ships.

Then you get into added signal flags needs, getting sunk by something you can’t shoot at when you might otherwise have won the battle. The list goes on. And I have jokingly some times called CVs “Vultures” because that’s what their planes act as. They circle you until your badly damage and then they feast on your ship, unless your a weaker AA ship like a DD in which case they will feast immediately.

And with subs arriving I would hate to be the one using a CV as you can imagine what the primary target of many subs will be. Revenge for the months of pain the CVs have cause since the Rework, or actually since RTS Graf Zeppelin and those AP Bombs arrived, that’s when CVs really started getting out of hand and have been spinner big out of control ever since to be honest.

So while I can’t condone the hateful actions of players towards CV players, I can understand why so many players are angry.

Funny enough, I did get a lot more compliments by diffusing the situation and apologizing in advance for sucking, in self-deprecatingly humorous ways.

[FML]
Members
3,939 posts
15,481 battles
1 hour ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

To whom it may concern,

I apologize for any suffering you went through while on my teams... 

I've been trying the Enterprise out in both co op and in Random. Co Ops end too quickly with bots ramming/TK'ing each other, so I said to heck with it, and tried to just test 100 battles in Randoms. 

100 battles. 95 of them solo. 84 as bottom tier, 6 as top tier. Primarily focusing on that "harass the DD first" mentality... 37 wins... lol...

I'm done with my test... the new system is just not for me. I can't protect my team from strikes, and I can't get anyone to focus anything I spot/harass. Can't get them to focus fire on AA boats either. At least in the old system I was a bit above average. This system requires unicum skill to be able to solo at anywhere near 50%, let alone focusing DD for several minutes curbs any damage potential I can do. But, the high damage games (97k was my best) were super losses. 

If you were a victim of being on my team, I sincerely apologize. But, I wanted to give this new system an honest try. I just don't like it. I can't really play support role, nor can I dev strike anyone. People saying it's an OP CV, they may be right... but this whole new system is just illogical and full of inability to support my teams. 

Hi, I think you were on my team the other day. Pretty sure we won! 

[STW-A]
1,216 posts
17,578 battles
Just now, UltimateNewbie said:

Hi, I think you were on my team the other day. Pretty sure we won! 

Yeah, one of my 37 wins :cap_fainting:

[FML]
Members
3,939 posts
15,481 battles
1 hour ago, DaLazyReaper said:

I don't think I was on your team, but I'm suffering to a whole new level of unholy.

Kept waiting for a battle to load, then the game crashed, and when I kept trying to rejoin, it's just a black screen. Tried asking for help, no response for an unbelievable 10 minutes, and by this point, my account probably got reported for "inactivity" because some snowflake got mad. Ended with me giving up and I uninstalled. Mock me if you will, but I'm tired of being stressed out of fear of being reported for stuff I can't control.

You already have your own thread on your woes and, if I recall correctly you’ve already announced you’ve decided to quit. No need to rain on other people’s threads with your own problems. 

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,733 posts
11,719 battles
1 hour ago, DaLazyReaper said:

Sounds like you need to defragment your drives or get a new processor. 

On my old computer it got so bad i had to quit until black Friday where bought a new computer.

The new computer wasn't even an upgrade, it simply had a better processor. Before i would load 2-5 minutes after the battle began. Now, it's usually within 30 seconds, ev3on a bad connection.

Online gaming is an investment; even when it's ftp.

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

The last time i said i was bottom tier 9 out of 10 i got slammed saying its not possable.  Honestly im low tier more often then anything else... I thought well maybe its because I use tech tree free ships so i bought a ship today and still am being place bottom tier, i think i played 5, 3 was bottom 2 mid still have not been top tier so its not about paying for a ship..  it bugs me.... when am i gonna be top tier more then low..  but ill keep it to myself bc so many want to say ur a whiner if u complain so its all good.  Not to mention the repeated blowouts and with those im never on the team doing the creamation very rare that on a team that is doing the blowing out... i scratch my head all the time about it but such is life....  lol   Have fun stay safe

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN
  • Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,565 posts
11,145 battles
4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

I know I actually just had a good night won 7 out of 10 and picked up to 2 complements and no one berated me in chat for once . I did drop down to tier 7 and 5 and two tier 8 games .

Members
830 posts
4,679 battles

Funnily enough I have one CV, the Furious.

I can't hit the broadside of a barn with the bombers, rarely get more than 4 torpedo hits an entire game and I am only decent with the rockets. I do 28k average damage, barely kill one ship every 2 games.

I have a 72% win rate with it.

• Confused 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,024 posts
14,281 battles
11 hours ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

Co Ops end too quickly with bots ramming/TK'ing each other,

That's all changed in the last couple of days, so you might want to give it another shot. I've had no more than a couple of battles end early out of a few dozen, and then with only one enemy ship left on the table.