You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DaLazyReaper

Unplayable game???

29 comments in this topic

[ANG]
Members
13 posts
406 battles

So, apparently I was stuck loading in the screen for one entire battle, then the game crashed. Now I've been trying to reenter the game, but it's a black screen constantly.

Now I most likely will face punishment for something that's out of my hands. Any help please?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles

Unless you are crashing out like that a lot being pink for a couple of games is meaningless, don't worry about it.. You should have closed out the game and restarted it after your normal loading in time had passed.

[ANG]
Members
13 posts
406 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Unless you are crashing out like that a lot being pink for a couple of games is meaningless, don't worry about it.. You should have closed out the game and restarted it after your normal loading in time had passed.

But I tried that. 10 times. No effect. I don't wanna be pink, because there'll always be the pink-hating racists running around. Every time I even clicked on that application, I meet a black screen. Also, I just gave up and uninstalled. 

Edited by DaLazyReaper

Members
3,754 posts
23,311 battles
1 minute ago, DaLazyReaper said:

But I tried that. 10 times. No effect. I don't wanna be pink, because there'll always be the pink-hating racists running around. Every time I even clicked on that application, I meet a black screen.

People make these claims and I never see this behavior

• Cool 1

[GT99]
Members
748 posts
12,071 battles
3 minutes ago, DaLazyReaper said:

But I tried that. 10 times. No effect. I don't wanna be pink, because there'll always be the pink-hating racists running around. Every time I even clicked on that application, I meet a black screen. Also, I just gave up and uninstalled. 

Nobody cares if you are pink. When I had that problem I had to uninstall and reinstall the game. It's a pain but it worked for me.

• Cool 1

[ANG]
Members
13 posts
406 battles
1 minute ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Yeah, don't worry about it, I gave up.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
1 minute ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

There was when pink first came into the game and people would treat them the same as in WoT where they could be killed with no repercussions but I haven't seen that for a long time.

[ANG]
Members
13 posts
406 battles
1 minute ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Nobody cares if you are pink. When I had that problem I had to uninstall and reinstall the game. It's a pain but it worked for me.

Last time I installed WoWs, took me 4 hours. Not gonna do that again.

[GT99]
Members
748 posts
12,071 battles

Sorry to hear that, I never had any luck with the utility they want you to use. Have a good day.

[SALVO]
Members
4,406 posts
3,801 battles
22 minutes ago, DaLazyReaper said:

So, apparently I was stuck loading in the screen for one entire battle, then the game crashed. Now I've been trying to reenter the game, but it's a black screen constantly.

Now I most likely will face punishment for something that's out of my hands. Any help please?

Try another game or play a movie to test. Maybe some file got corrupted by the crash. Maybe something in your rig (ram or videocard) is overheated

[FML]
Members
3,941 posts
15,503 battles

Well, before you uninstalled you could have also run the WG Check tool from the  WG Game Centre. Usually takes 10 minutes and typically fixes most problems with the game. And if it didn’t, you can send the log of the Check tool to WG support and they tend to work out the issue pretty quickly. 

But given you seem intent on leaving, goodbye?

[ANG]
Members
13 posts
406 battles
Just now, UltimateNewbie said:

Well, before you uninstalled you could have also run the WG Check tool from the  WG Game Centre. Usually takes 10 minutes and typically fixes most problems with the game. And if it didn’t, you can send the log of the Check tool to WG support and they tend to work out the issue pretty quickly. 

But given you seem intent on leaving, goodbye?

It was on steam. But it seems I didn't think about asking on their forum in my desperation.

Edited by DaLazyReaper

[FML]
Members
3,941 posts
15,503 battles

Wdym utility?

The WG Check tool I mentioned above. 

Ive had good success with it - either directly or to help their Support team identify the problem. 

[GT99]
Members
748 posts
12,071 battles

Wdym utility?

When you start WGC where you press play there is an arrow pointing down. There are options there to check the game and even start it in safe mode. Try and see if they work for you.

Members
2,848 posts
36,608 battles
2 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

And you can also run a repair from the game center utilities. It's under settings. It could be you got a botched update.

A few days ago, windows updated. It could easily have interfered.

Under connection settings, see if the data download speed is at a default. Usually 12kb/s. If so, setting to unlimited might allow a faster download and update. But make sure you are updated on all other programs and windows first. Get that done and you might be okay.

Otherwise, you just might have to uninstall and reinstall.

Just bear in mind that any settings tweaks you did, will have to be made again.

Members
1,660 posts
27 minutes ago, DaLazyReaper said:

I don't know if you're running any third party mods, but people with those have been poating about similar problems.  If you're using mods, try disabling them maybe?

[ANG]
Members
13 posts
406 battles
Just now, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

And you can also run a repair from the game center utilities. It's under settings. It could be you got a botched update.

Under connection settings, see if the data download speed is at a default. Usually 12kb/s. If so, setting to unlimited might allow a faster download and update. But make sure you are updated on all other programs and windows first. Get that done and you might be okay.

4 hours is the least I get from doing all of that.

[GT99]
Members
748 posts
12,071 battles
1 minute ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I've used it more than once and it never worked. I usually will just reinstall in the background when I am busy.

Funny you say that, my Windows install right now is hot garbage.

Edited by T1mb3rWo1f

[WORX]
Members
10,631 posts
18,539 battles
Just now, DaLazyReaper said:

It was on steam.

Oh boy....Steam users are not easy to figure out where the problem lays, mainly its not WOWS its steam itself...

Seeing its a new patch, make sure your GPU drivers are installed and updated correctly... Then use steams troubleshoot feature to clear any problems... Then use check and repair... This usually fixes %90 of the issue.

[ANG]
Members
13 posts
406 battles
1 minute ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

I don't know if you're running any third party mods, but people with those have been poating about similar problems.  If you're using mods, try disabling them maybe?

I wasn't using mods.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,627 posts

Make sure Windows is up to data and you have the latest version of your video drivers.

Reboot your modem, router, and computer.

The above two steps will solve a lot of problems.

You also might wish to do some system cleanup and checking.

Download and run CCleaner

Open an elevated command prompt and run 

SFC /SCANNOW

CHKDSK /F

https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-open-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-10/

(this will require a reboot and take some time so do it overnight)

Edited by Snargfargle

[_BDA_]
Members
301 posts
4,803 battles
20 minutes ago, DaLazyReaper said:

Pink is no big deal.  Whenever it happens to me (usually because an allied bot runs in front of my torpedoes), I just dust off the Tier I cruisers and take my frustrations out on some helpless AIs.

[ANG]
Members
13 posts
406 battles
Just now, michael_zahnle said:

Pink is no big deal.  Whenever it happens to me (usually because an allied bot runs in front of my torpedoes), I just dust off the Tier I cruisers and take my frustrations out on some helpless AIs.

In this case, I possibly have pink at this point for "inactivity".

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,627 posts
2 minutes ago, DaLazyReaper said:

In this case, I possibly have pink at this point for "inactivity".

Like people have said, don't worry about being pink as almost nobody cares anymore. Just take care not to bump an allied ship while pink.

Edited by Snargfargle