Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Parliament_Funkadelic

Revisit IFHE.

3 comments in this topic

Members
7,122 posts
22,698 battles

Over the last few days/weeks I've seen a number of purple clan members state that most ships should not use IFHE (that used to). We have a pinned thread stating IFHE on everything. What is your experience? Is that extra 4 points better suited elsewhere?

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles

My own experience is inconclusive; I prefer IFHE because I like damage on demand with less RNG but I can't tell if this is winning me more games or not. But between Twitch, YouTube, Discord, and this forum my impression is that there isn't a consensus among strong players. If this is the case then WG has accomplished what they were hoping to accomplish: make IFHE a playstyle option rather than a necessity. Or maybe they killed it and we are still in the transient phase of players slowly figuring this out. 

Sorry, I don't have much to contribute.

Edit: On a second thought, unless you are playing competitive I honestly don't think it will affect you much what you choose. With so many different variables (MM, RNG, match development) it's going to be mostly a wash. Just choose between insta damage and fire damage and adjust your play style accordingly. Alternatively avoid guns below 203mm until a consensus emerges. 

Edited by Baritone4

Sign in to follow this