You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Whitebuster

Moskva without legendary upgrade

16 comments in this topic

[PYK]
Beta Testers
211 posts
2,742 battles

Now that Moskva's legendary upgrade is moved to the Research Bureau and likely unavailable after update 9.5, how big of a disadvantage will this have on players who do not have it? It seems that its legendary upgrade with the accuracy enhancement is much superior to the RoF enhancement upgrade available at slot 6.

I feel that players who do not finish the legendary upgrade grind before update 9.5 will have a significant handicap compared to players who have already obtained it.

[PYK]
Beta Testers
211 posts
2,742 battles
8 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

The difference is completely insignificant for random battles.

Would it still be insignificant for clan or ranked battles?

[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
6,196 battles
Just now, Whitebuster said:

Would it still be insignificant for clan or ranked battles?

Only significant for Typhoon and above level of clan battles.

Ranked is randoms with extra rewards

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,441 posts
12,724 battles
2 hours ago, Whitebuster said:

Now that Moskva's legendary upgrade is moved to the Research Bureau and likely unavailable after update 9.5, how big of a disadvantage will this have on players who do not have it? It seems that its legendary upgrade with the accuracy enhancement is much superior to the RoF enhancement upgrade available at slot 6.

I feel that players who do not finish the legendary upgrade grind before update 9.5 will have a significant handicap compared to players who have already obtained it.

I tell you what now it will be the best thing since sliced bread since WG made it tougher to get . 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,629 posts
17,807 battles

We do not know yet.

[NNG]
Members
134 posts
9,967 battles

I had Moskva rigged for maximum range, just to add that upgrade for even more "legendary" range.  The upgrade brought the range down.  It makes no sense.  I sold the damn upgrade and now have better range than I had with it.  I won't pretend to know why.  It just is.

• Cool 1

[PYK]
Beta Testers
211 posts
2,742 battles
1 hour ago, FUBAR_4_sure said:

I had Moskva rigged for maximum range, just to add that upgrade for even more "legendary" range.  The upgrade brought the range down.  It makes no sense.  I sold the damn upgrade and now have better range than I had with it.  I won't pretend to know why.  It just is.

Are you sure about this? The WOWS wiki page does not mention any range decrease. https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades#Unique_Upgrades_.28.22Legendary.22_Upgrades.29

image.thumb.png.114aa0faa215fd6f5f8d35b56a53ca73.png

[UNHLY]
Members
5,077 posts
14,243 battles
3 minutes ago, Whitebuster said:

Are you sure about this? The WOWS wiki page does not mention any range decrease. https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades#Unique_Upgrades_.28.22Legendary.22_Upgrades.29

The only thing I can think of is that he was using the slot six range mod and it had to be removed to use the UU. 

• Cool 1

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,967 battles
15 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

The only thing I can think of is that he was using the slot six range mod and it had to be removed to use the UU. 

Probably didn't know what it did either.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,533 posts
18,522 battles
19 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Only significant for Typhoon and above level of clan battles.

This is my impression as a seal-potato pleb. It's not going to give me guaranteed victories over super-unicums, and it's not going to make any functional difference to the degree by which said super-unicum cleans my clock.

OTOH, players in high levels of clan battles, where it makes the small percentage differences which are important at that stratum, are probably the sort who get consistent results easily enough to make accessing the Research Bureau for it less of an issue. 

15 hours ago, Whitebuster said:

I'll take an 8% increase over a 16% increase (for main battery range mod, which I'm not using anyway) to get that dispersion. 

In another thread, @Hapa_Fodder seemed to hint that a UU access solution for those who don't yet have five tech-tree T10's might be in the pipeline.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,709 battles
40 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is my impression as a seal-potato pleb. It's not going to give me guaranteed victories over super-unicums, and it's not going to make any functional difference to the degree by which said super-unicum cleans my clock.

OTOH, players in high levels of clan battles, where it makes the small percentage differences which are important at that stratum, are probably the sort who get consistent results easily enough to make accessing the Research Bureau for it less of an issue. 

I'll take an 8% increase over a 16% increase (for main battery range mod, which I'm not using anyway) to get that dispersion. 

In another thread, @Hapa_Fodder seemed to hint that a UU access solution for those who don't yet have five tech-tree T10's might be in the pipeline.

Shhhhh! :Smile_izmena:

I HINT AT NOTHING!

-Hapa

• Funny 1

[KAG]
Members
76 posts
11,979 battles
On 5/14/2020 at 7:04 PM, FUBAR_4_sure said:

Moskva with the legendary module attains 21 km range with 11% better dispersion. The range module grants Moskva 22.5 km range with no dispersion benefits. So you're effectively trading 11% better dispersion for 1.5 km of range that you'll likely never use.

You shouldn't have sold that upgrade. It's one of the few at the moment that are outright upgrades for the ships they're slotted to.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,507 posts
24,689 battles
On 5/14/2020 at 4:04 PM, FUBAR_4_sure said:

By, "rigged for maximum range" I'm (along w/everybody else in this thread) assuming you had the 6th slot upgrade that gives you +16% to your range.

The UU you sold (bad move BTW) doesn't stack w/the upgrade to add 8% more range like you thought but replaces it giving you slightly less range (than the 16% bonus...but still adds a range bonus of 8% over having nothing/another upgrade that doesn't affect range in the 6th slot) but adds a -11% dispersion bonus making your shells land in a thinner pattern at range (any range actually...not just long range as the term range can be interpreted as) allowing for more shells to hit a target w/out falling too far to the left or right...which as an example would place them more towards the center citadel area on a broadside target as opposed to the outer shells dispersing towards (or even past) the ends of the target.

It does add a turret traverse penalty of -13% to turret speed but for bow tanking it becomes a monster...if run & gunning (not standard in a Moskva but there's no set rules) in a Moskva probably best to not have it so you don't out turn your guns anymore than usual but overall a better UU to keep on for that dispersion bonus.

It's odd that it makes no sense that you have better range w/out it because in order to have better range w/out it you would have needed to reequip the +16% range upgrade...can't see anyway you could have done that w/out realizing you did it.