You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

Cruiser Tallinn for Token, a pipe dream?

83 comments in this topic

Members
3,071 posts
15,906 battles

I just received my first Soviet container. I got a whopping 5 tokens. This this a freak'n joke?  or another PR type deception where the only way to actually get the Tallinn is to buy crates? 

I think buying back and grinding Shchors is going to be much easier than  finishing all the directives with little to no chance of getting 1200 tokens.  With 5-10 token containers the chances are slim to none.

• Cool 5

[SIM]
Members
4,928 posts
8,006 battles

Yeah, the crates seem to be absurdly stingy. On the plus side, at least you can grind out Tallinn for free once the early access event ends (as opposed to Puerto Rico).

[WOLFG]
Members
9,575 posts
8,553 battles
1 minute ago, nina_blain_73 said:

Come on you should be used to it by now.

This.  Some will get the through to the third level, but I would guess the average will be about 1.8 rewards for free.

Members
58 posts
1,542 battles

It's all up to RNG. You're guaranteed to get Mikoyan, anything else requires either luck, money or both (money via either buying the new ships and running the missions for them, or spending doubloons in the Armory)

I was getting stiffed, until the very last container I got from the first set of Directives gifted me with 300 tokens. Thank you RNGesus.

Members
3,071 posts
15,906 battles

My advice. If you have Shchors start playing it often to grind the XP needed for Tallinn. It's obvious that WG wants players to pay $$ for early release of non premium ships. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
27,038 posts
23,838 battles

Yeah, the missions drop jack for tokens.  Also, it seems it's tucked behind lots of bundles that have to be purchased before you can get to it.  Continuing the trend of terrible game events that's been going on since 2019.

• Cool 2

Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles

sitting on 370 after getting my 6. I am guessing that is very good? based on what I am seeing?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
58 posts
1,542 battles
1 minute ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

sitting on 370 after getting my 6. I am guessing that is very good? based on what I am seeing?

That's quite good but not exceptional. About what I saw as well (although I got skunked until the last container, which gave me 300)

Edited by Mawz77

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
806 posts
9,670 battles

My rng has been fairly good. Other events not so good, others just meh. The events are fine as far as I’m concerned. More free stuff just for playing plus oil for the clan, no issue for me.

Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles
5 minutes ago, Mawz77 said:

That's quite good but not exceptional. About what I saw as well (although I got skunked until the last container, which gave me 300)

ah so one container can drop 300? 

Members
58 posts
1,542 battles
1 minute ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

ah so one container can drop 300? 

Yes, although most will be 5-15 tokens

300 is the highest possible from a container.

Edited by Mawz77

Members
3,071 posts
15,906 battles

Just opened EIGHT CONTAINERS and received  40 ( FOURTY ) freak'n tokens total. What a scam!   

Finished all missions in the directive, 9 containers with total of 45 tokens. At this rate I can positively say that that this is another WG deception where they make it seem as if we can actually win something beyond the first bundle while the reality is that your odds of doing so are almost nil. 

Total waste of time

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
1,595 posts
25,085 battles

I have received 8 Soviet containers and have a total of 60 tokens... for the math-challenged, that an average of 7.5 tokens per container. At this rate I will need to open 32 more containers to obtain the Mikoyan. Hmm...

I have one more to obtain in Stage One.... that's 1...

Thirteen possible (for me) in Stage Two.... that's 14...

Now, between Stages Two and Three I should have gotten 6 remaining containers from the Daily Log-ins... that's 20

which means, if the average holds, I'd need to secure twelve of the fifteen available (to me) containers in Stage Three.... that'd be 32...

Edited by theLaalaa

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,915 posts
26,901 battles

I earned every container I could get free by now and averaging something like 7 tokens.

It's even worse then the PE DD event. But hey, you can buy 100 of those 500 gold lootboxes. And two premium T8 cruisers to let you grind extra tokens every day.

I just ignore this. I play T7 and T9 to get enough XP to unlock the next tier ship when they hit the life server.

WG had seen how much money the whales leave in their account, just get used to that they care about the top 5% who spend the money. Because they don't ask for something, they just pay. And they make a good part of their profit.

For the fanbois, stop with the crap, this is a free to play game. It's more a milking the whales game and forget about he rest of the player base.

• Cool 1

[TDD]
Members
1,170 posts
9,319 battles

Are any of you really surprised by this?

After everything else they had done to us, I'm not.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,282 posts
17,476 battles

This pipe dream is easier and very satisfying and every one wins in just 3 minute and 52 seconds.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WW2]
Members
347 posts
6,829 battles

I got 1 10 and the rest 5s so far. Even my first random doubloon bundle is 5, can't see the point to buy any this go round unless I'm 10 to 15 tokens shy of something worth it.

[QC_1_]
Beta Testers
140 posts
6,645 battles
2 hours ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

I got 90 out of 13 crates (9 from directives and missions, 4 from pts).....

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,724 posts
2 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I just received my first Soviet container. I got a whopping 5 tokens. This this a freak'n joke?  or another PR type deception where the only way to actually get the Tallinn is to buy crates? 

I think buying back and grinding Shchors is going to be much easier than  finishing all the directives with little to no chance of getting 1200 tokens.  With 5-10 token containers the chances are slim to none.

Rather than Shchshchooors, I'm going to just use FXP.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,157 battles
26 minutes ago, gorium said:

I got 90 out of 13 crates (9 from directives and missions, 4 from pts).....

SHHH don't say that this is the thread for people who got nothing .

• Funny 2

[CK5]
Members
1,372 posts
14,317 battles

I collected 85 tokens after opening 9 Soviet containers.  Fortunately, my expectations for the event were low from the get-go and WG has not disappointed.  

• Cool 3

Members
707 posts
5,735 battles

8 crates totaling 65 tokens.  Not terribly impressed, but also not surprised.  Not going to worry about early unlocks at this rate, will likely just wait til 9.5 and get them for free.

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles

In WG's hopes to maximize profits by minimizing valuable drops they have effectively pushed quite a few people away from spending ANY money on this event. 

Great job. lmbo

• Cool 1