Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Thank You Wargaming!

13 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

I would like to thank Wargaming for the much needed changes to Consumables that now allows me to use high tier tech tree ships more often without constantly losing credits thanks to their consumables needs hitting me hard. And while the profits in battles can still be low at times at least I am not hemorrhaging credits like in the past. Was finally able to get some good solid steady grinding done in Jutland done to get my Daring today. Previously because if the nature of Jutland I would typically lose credits, but after the update it’s been far more reason where if I play well I get rewarded with white credits numbers instead of red. :Smile_honoring:

Also has been a pleasure to not have the question of being optimally helpful to my team with high risk of credit loss or instead damage farming and hopefully breaking even no longer being of any concern. Today I have boldly taken on enemy ships in support of my team and has been so nice!

• Cool 9

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,554 posts
13,914 battles

Aloha,

The credit savings for sure are awesome! Glad you can enjoy the new consumables without the cost!  :Smile_izmena:

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 2

[PISD]
Members
1,285 posts
5,290 battles

More than the consumable cost, I find it more useful to end the classic ''let's try this new ships..... duh, no premium consumable!'' .

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,742 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I would like to thank Wargaming for the much needed changes to Consumables

It is a nice change, but it is not out of kindness from WG. 

Since Steel and RB will soon be available as daily rewards WG must've figured that the change to consumables realizes them practically no hard currency, but inflating the economy with Steel and RB points will somehow lead to more $'s directly or indirectly in WG coffers.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
51 minutes ago, Sinton said:

It is a nice change, but it is not out of kindness from WG. 

Since Steel and RB will soon be available as daily rewards WG must've figured that the change to consumables realizes them practically no hard currency, but inflating the economy with Steel and RB points will somehow lead to more $'s directly or indirectly in WG coffers.

I get the feeling Wargaming is having a thriving Doubloons market based on how many Puerto Rico ships you see around and based on how much those RU bundles cost in doubloons and I am already seeing the tier IX ship from it in battles. And if that’s the case then then lifting the credit costs for consumables would allow more of the free to play players like me to fill the high tier que more often and thus avoid over saturated battles with those new ships or else avoid the long que times from the MM trying to distribute them across more battles. Typically I used to only be able to afford to run the majority of my X ships if I had premium time, but now I can run them at will.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,570 posts
11,192 battles

Kudos this is great for everybody saving all those credits . Now I can blow them on flags .

[FML]
Members
3,943 posts
15,522 battles
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

The credit savings for sure are awesome! Glad you can enjoy the new consumables without the cost!  :Smile_izmena:

Mahalo,

-Hapa

The change to the consumables really helps balance out those who can afford them (or know what they’re doing) and those who can’t. 

But, is it just me or were most of the icons changed as well? I think I preferred the old premium icons. 

[WPORT]
Members
5,535 posts
10,536 battles

I'm curious to see if those who did *not* use premium consumables will close the battle-performance-gap with those who did use premium consumables.

[PHD]
Members
1,520 posts
6,485 battles
13 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm curious to see if those who did *not* use premium consumables will close the battle-performance-gap with those who did use premium consumables.

I don't know yet if it will make any difference for me in PvE.  The quicker loading may help and I might try more liberal use of smoke and speed boost. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,660 posts
19 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

The change to the consumables really helps balance out those who can afford them (or know what they’re doing) and those who can’t. 

But, is it just me or were most of the icons changed as well? I think I preferred the old premium icons. 

The new engine boost icon makea me double take everytime.

I never used premium consumables and I am still getting used to having 3 of things.

EDIT:  kinda makes Yamamoto's first blood bonus pointless now though.

Edited by Gunga_Dinner

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
24 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

The new engine boost icon makea me double take everytime.

I never used premium consumables and I am still getting used to having 3 of things.

EDIT:  kinda makes Yamamoto's first blood bonus pointless now though.

Not at all, if anything it simply makes Yamato even more beneficial with being able to steadily use premium consumables that reload fast enough to actually use the extra charges of consumables Yamamoto gives for First Blood awards. Also if you use Yamamoto on high tier IJN CAs that have heals like I do, it can make the ship’s longevity much greater in some of the longer battles. Not to mention the IJN CAs are more likely to be able to get First Blood achievements while still having the consumables to greatly benefit from it.

Sign in to follow this